Beware! New ICICI Insurance Scam!

Pallavi verma a new scammer joining the party..
Same calls same pattern same dept.

1710767162431.png

Last edited:
Law enforcement officials never call unless you are a VIP, they send someone directly to your home to bring you to station/office if urgent enough.
Looks like you have never been issued a court summon to appear (as witness or perhaps as accused?) when you are residing in another state/city/town.

Looks like you have never been issued a court summon to appear (as witness or perhaps as accused?) when you are residing in another state/city/town.
You received court summon over a phone call? I am talking about that only as anything received in written is much easier to verify (email, WA, paper post).

You received court summon over a phone call? I am talking about that only as anything received in written is much easier to verify (email, WA, paper post).
Yes, from Delhi police, as a witness for a case in Delhi, while I am staying in Mumbai.
The ASI or SI had called me a few times, I did not pick or call back. After two weeks he sent me whatsapp image of the summon, giving me only few days notice to appear or face the risk of contempt of court.

Yes, from Delhi police, as a witness for a case in Delhi, while I am staying in Mumbai.
The ASI or SI had called me a few times, I did not pick or call back. After two weeks he sent me whatsapp image of the summon, giving me only few days notice to appear or face the risk of contempt of court.
He forgot to mention that his calls/any verbal summon has no legal validity, only written communication whether electronic or paper has legal validity. He was probably just lazy to not forwarded you the summon via WA/email.

He forgot to mention that his calls/any verbal summon has no legal validity, only written communication whether electronic or paper has legal validity. He was probably just lazy to not forwarded you the summon via WA/email.
?

WA=?
Whatsapp, I presume?
Didn't I mention that he sent it?
Yes, he sent it but he should have sent it much earlier on the day itself when he first called you because legal summons can only be delivered in writing whether electronically or physically but never verbally.

Hi, The post is really helpful.
I too have received similar phone call from 8929506318 (named Natasha from Mumbai ICICI Prudential), said that there an ICICI prudential policy in my name the policy number is 55962365, and I have to pay the pending premiums of 2 lakhs so that they can reactivate my policy and I will be getting policy maturity amount of 5 Lakhs in another 90 days. She also gave me a relationship manager number 8376018873 (Vinodkumar sachdev) and I was asked to contact this number for further details as I was asking too many questions. For me it was easy to know that these are spammers, but I tried to dig as many details as required so that these details can be reported to cyber cell and can be posted for public notice here..

Beware of these frauds!

So this week I got a phone call which wasn't marked as spam by Truecaller hence received it. The caller info. shown was Icici, Prabhadevi HO, Mumbai something...Sandeep Singh 7042572633!

The person said that I have some Icici assured income plan policy from yr 2015 for which I haven't paid its premium for last year and hence policy is going to get lapsed post which I won't enjoy the maturity assured sum of Rs. 50L.
The premium is Rs. 50k which if unpaid until 7pm today the policy will get lapsed and I will be wasting my all earlier paid premiums and policy will be deemed cancelled.
Still, I will be receiving only some 2lacs earned during this period which will get credited to my icici a/c in the next 45 days and will be receiving a call for the same for further procedure.

He also gave me that policy no. 55825289

To pay the premium and learn more about the policy etc. he asked me to contact my policy RM/policy head person Ashok Kumar Tripathi on 9058368874.

Now, AFAIK I had never ever opted for any such policy and hence no Q of any premiums and if anything, I would have had such details.

Just for the sake of saying, I told them that my uncle handles my insurances and investments to which the callers kept pressing to have his no. and when I said he stays in the US he said no worries I will call him during US hours.

Just for a tp, tried the policy no. on Icici's website.

View attachment 187998 and this was anyways gonna show an error.

Again, after a few days I got call from the same office this time from Dheeraj Singh 9667921466 which I deliberately missed.

So, my motive here is to alert your family, friends, networks and contacts about such scams as the call might turn any person greedy and will loose his/her 50k or entire bank balance in the dream of receiving 50L next year.

I haven't updated Icici on this as I doubt they will even bother to take cognizance of such issues where they only keep saying jago grahak shit and to ignore such calls and blabla! (This is based on my past exp. with such authorities) So, instead of wasting time with them its better to invest some time here and alert the public directly!
Thank you for documenting this. I just received a similar call about a policy from 2015 lapsing in 2025 if I wanted to terminate it. Now that I know it is a scam, let me take them for a ride too ... They should call me back in a couple of hours

Back