All OS Beware of Fake Galaxy BUDS Plus - Tips inside

ankur1211

Disciple
So, Galaxy Buds Plus replicas are all over the market with box, case, and actual buds looking really close to the real ones, i.e. hard to differentiate if you have never used or observed original ones yourself.
I was in the market for used Buds+ and I came through a seller who said there is no Invoice as these were gifted ones ( Even if Invoice was there, I won't believe they are real without testing, as even people have fake ones delivered through top e-com sellers).
So I met him, and straightaway started my testing procedure, here I am highlighting the points that could help you spot the fake ones and save from getting conned.
1. The Case hinge was a bit too loose, you can feel that is kind of free flowing and feels really generic.
2. There was a blinking LED inside the microphone in the bud, actual ones have only microphone holes.
3. There was just one mic, however in real ones there would be two holes on the outer side of the bud, as well as a sensor on the inside of the bud.
Now, even if appearance is not a thing, here are two more solid pointers :
4. Wireless charging - All models of Galaxy buds are capable of wireless charging, I own s10 with wireless powershare, so it was really easy to check for that quickly, and as expected, they were not getting charged wirelessly - hence fake. You can use any QI certified wireless charges to check that.
5. Galaxy Wearables - Just connecting to the wearables app and popping up as galaxy buds and playing music straightaway is not a big deal, this happened with me as well. Buds connected, started showing in Wearables on my devices, and I played a track and they were working sonically. However, when you want to tweak eq or do anything, you need to enter the Wearables app, then, when you try to do any thing use any function at all, it will simply keep asking to connect the buds+. So, the fake ones have some sort of broken mechanism to deal with Wearables. Also, when you click on the Buds+ in my devices, even when it is playing the audio through buds, It won't show serial number or any other info, it will only show model number.

I hope you stay really careful when dealing with Buds+, as the fake ones look almost like new ones, and even feel like real ones with packaging and everything.

I once almost bought the fake one. What I did was to install their galaxy wearable app and buds plugin. If the one whoever planning to buy, connects to the software , then it is original, else skip buying it

The app shows the serial number, software etc which would be handy.

I once almost bought the fake one. What I did was to install their galaxy wearable app and buds plugin. If the one whoever planning to buy, connects to the software , then it is original, else skip buying it

The app shows the serial number, software etc which would be handy.
Yes. Even though one should go in wearable and kind of fiddle with every option, on the outside notification area it shows connected. Even the fake ones.

Even this has happened with airpods. Today even fake airpods come with w1 chip so you get that fancy animation and all on iPhone.

Back