Beware of Indiaplaza

DCEite

Adept
As most of you might be knowing, there is an ecommerce site called IndiaPlaza.

I had received a mail regarding special offer on "FAB Rakhi" an month ago. Decided to order it, since they were giving good discount on it (Rs. 69 as against Rs. 100 MRP).

I placed my order on 17th July, and was given timeline that it would be delivered by 21st July.

One week passed, nothing happens.

In the IndiaPlaza website, there is a Form to be filled for submitting complains. Duly filled the form with order number, even got a confirmation SMS that my query will be resolved in 1 day.

Nothing happens even after one week.
Sent a mail to customer care: info@Indiaplaza.in, no response till today.
Gave another shot, tried to find the customer care number, there is a small tiny link at the bottom of their webpage: Contact Us.

Called 91-80-25208795 , which is not a toll free number.
Some automated answer of a south Indian lady asking me to please hold as the customer care officer is busy on other calls, or SMS "help" to some number so that they can call me back. The recorded IVR kept looping for 15 mins before i gave up.

Fed up, i SMSd help hoping they will call me back.

No response for days.

Today i tried to call them again, waited for 30 mins, no customer care officer picked phone.

What to do ? They don't respond to mails, don't pick up the phones, is this company for real?

Do they actually deliver anything?

Thank god my amount was small, but just want to warn other members who might be thinking of making a big purchase.

That's sad, indiaplaza.in was good when I dealt with them some 3 months ago. But I ordered only books.
I have had some issues with them earlier - more than 1 year ago. After getting no reply for my normal emails,
I wrote to their COO, K Vaitheeswaran at vaithee@indiaplaza.in and that did the trick. You may try doing that.

Indiaplaza sucks.... I ordered one laptop from them....it was 1 year ago I guess and they never delivered it and refunded the amount after 2 months....but they replied to the complaints raised....

They have become worse it seems!!

indiaplaza is very bad

Id ordered some books from there years ago and received clearly 2ndhand copies

Took more than a month for a refund too

pradeep200417 said:
If you guys want to order books, then nothing beats Flipkart. Amazing delivery.

Yep rightly said. Just burnt my fingers very recently with my order from indiaplaza. THEY SUCK BIG TIME. PEOPLE NEVER ORDER FROM INDIAPLAZA. TRUST ME THEY JUST DONT BOTHER ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I occassionally order from flipkart and their service has been asbsolutely good. better pay a few bucks more, rather than wait endlessly and ending up looking like a FOOL. Really felt like a fool ordering from Indiaplaza. But no more will i order from them.

I bought a book years back, that too because they gave me 100 off voucher and I paid from citibank reward points. so kind of free. It tool several calls to get the book delivered as it went out of stock etc etc. Never ordered anything post that. if there is something which cost over 50Rs I'll not go with it.

In December 2006 I ordered some DVD's from indiaplaza.in. Which i obviously received late since after received the amount they claimed that they did not have the mentioned DVD's in stock.

But my shock was that at the time these DVD's were dispatched I was charged the same amount on my credit card with my knowing. That too for the items that I had already paid. I has a horrific time getting my money back.

At that time my research found out that the actual owner / investor of the site was in USA and most of the things like items, mentioned on the site, support centre and the actual functioning of the website had been outsourced to india. and Neither the owner nor the service providers bothered for taking care of customers.

also it would be very rare to find some lucky people who are actually satisfied with their service.

Back