BF3 competition

^Thanks for the details
<
. First lets me focus on the competition part. I'll discuss with gannu and meph and post back here on how to take this forward by tonight.

<
Thank you

I'm in. Btw Indian servers are down as of now right? By the way many of the Indian servers are empty 24x7. I suppose we could contact an admin and ask him if we could borrow his server for a few hours.

OT: Guys BF3 need more publicity. If you guys get time, go to the IGC and request the organisers for BF3.

I'm in. Btw Indian servers are down as of now right? By the way many of the Indian servers are empty 24x7. I suppose we could contact an admin and ask him if we could borrow his server for a few hours.

OT: Guys BF3 need more publicity. If you guys get time, go to the IGC and request the organisers for BF3.

heard that it has been included ?

_

#Infected and others too-

there is one query?

Have you ever encountered a situation where the very same servers that usually give low ping times of 70ms approx are as high as 250ms-270ms or higher on some days?

Happened to me quite a few times, esp on weekends.

Any idea why?

I have been thinking of renting a quality server based in SG for use by Indian BF3 gamers but this issue scares me.

as what use is paying monthly rent if it is unplayable at times, esp on weekends when that is when i might get to play a bit.

P.S. Not sure if this is relevant i noticed this with the TDM and HC TDM servers i had saved to faves.

and they would show very high pings on some days- very unplayable.
<

I have been wanting to write to EA for a long time- saying that if consoles can host local server, pc guys should get it too. Else they should stop using hi-end pc to develop games and develop them using the very consoles they favour so much more.
<

The least they can do release a server kit for a higher price to those who want and some security to avoid reproduction/copying/piracy.

COD4 was the last game that can be played on LAN? but most guys still want to play CS 1.6? because the h/w demand is not so great?

If one can afford branded clothes and some smartphone, they can afford a half-decent GPU for sure? not?

#Infected and others too-

there is one query?

Have you ever encountered a situation where the very same servers that usually give low ping times of 70ms approx are as high as 250ms-270ms or higher on some days?

Happened to me quite a few times, esp on weekends.

Any idea why?

that is because these ISPs keep on messing with the routing... I'm on airtel and for a few weeks I was getting 300+ on all fragnetics servers while others in SG was normal ping (around 60).

and I feel my connection quality is good with SG or other SEA servers than Indian servers... maybe because of quality of local infrastructure and servers ?

_

I feel my connection quality is good with SG or other SEA servers than Indian servers... maybe because of quality of local infrastructure and servers ?

Same here ... Indian server are rarely in the green range for me. They shift from 80-250+ but SG server are in a constant 150-200 range

Back