Video Big TV HD DVR price dropped to INR 4990/-

Any user reviews on the BIG TV PVR features?

eg:

1. Ease of recording of SD/HD content

2. general feedback about the PVR box

3. actual cost of service ? ( any charges extra for the packs ..etc )

4. Audio modes supported ?

currently there is no star sports/espn HD,big tv is launching 12 channels in 2 weeks time,so we have to wait and see.

Decided to try out Big TV for lack of a better option .

With a 3 month trial of the Diamond pack, they say all new HD channels get added automatically!

( also, i heard, Airtel has launched an HD-DVR? Any fact in this ? )

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Big TV's first failure already. They installed the regular STB .. !

1. First they made a fuss wanting to know where it was purchased from

2. Even with a printed bill, they still need confirmation that this is a proper purchase!

3. Then he says, he brought a regular STB . No one told him to bring a HD STB!

4. The HD-DVR requires dual cables, + the multi receiver . So more work after bringing the new box!

What kind of management is this .. anyway ?

32 hours later ... BIG TV is still an unactivated hunk of metal .

Its hard to believe that Reliance can screw up so well, and that to not want to resolve it!

They recharged my account , disappeared with the recharge coupons ,and now claim that there was a problem with the 3 x 800 Recharge.

A day later, they have not activated my account, and are still claiming to investigate the cause for the matter.

They refuse to activate it ,saying they cannot issue a new recharge voucher until the old ones are traced, and the issue resolved.

Seriously? Is BIG TV such a joke?

Also, reliance web world, has the worst after sales service ever. They actually claimed they could not do anything about the situation.

So finally:

Customer care - cannot do anything, as the account is not activated yet.

rel .web world - cannot do anything, as they just sell the product

Sales manager - cannot do anything ,since they need to track down why the coupon recharge failed

installation guy - did not do anything, did not even inform me that the recharge failed, and then took off with the vouchers.

finally , rel. web world was instructed to give a new recharge coupon, but said they would do so only after the installation guy returned the old ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such lack of service ethics, i want to see heads roll.

Any one know top contacts in reliance?

I have completed 2 yrs today using bigtv and no issues at all in these 2 yrs going perfect fine from day 1 till now no replacemnt no dish issues no settopbox or remote issues.

This is actually quite common with all things reliance. I've faced such issues with their mobile connections, landline connections and then broadband connections. I'd stay away from anything reliance even if they give a 100 inch LCD TV and 1080p HD content for 100 bucks a month..

Thier services are not that good, so not many will go for the same, i am looking out for the TS to launch their HD DVR

Back