Car & Bike Bike Under 80K For A Newbie

fLUX

Skilled
Hi Autoexperts,

I will be finally buying a bike after 22 years of my life and riding one properly for first time too
<
, i dont have licence for 2 wheelers and i have recently learned riding a non geared 2 wheeler , just drove a geared Hero Honda Passion for around 30 minutes .

I need to buy a bike now for myself. I was thinking of getting either a

Hero Honda Dazzler

Hero Honda Impulse

Bajaj Pulsar 180dtsi

If you feel there are not suitable and there maybe better suited bikes for me please suggest.

I am looking for a combination of sporty looks , medium weight and good mileage (who doesnt want these 3 factors
<
).

Wait for new generation Pulsars to arrive, if they turn out to be good, you can go for them.

If you cant wait, you can opt for the following (priority wise):

1. Its Unicorn Dazzler from HONDA

2. Apache RTR 180 (Do check for service centres nearby if you plan to go with this one)

3. Yamaha FZ/FZS/Fazer : Low on mileage, Quality engine from Yamaha. Fazer goes beyond 80K.. Nearly 85K IMO

You can go for a pulsar 180 if you wont be driving roughly. If maintained well it gives out good mileage (in 45's). Its handle is too heavy for my liking

Test ride any bike before you take a leap for it.

Yamaha Fazer @ Rs.83000 on road Ex-Mumbai Showroom...Gr8 Looks, Comfort, Handling only low mileage but can improved if you drive ideally.

Especially since you r new to riding bikes, Fazer is actaully very easy to master as it does not have heavy pick-up & is really smooth starter.

You can decide between Fazer & Fz bith are good bikes... Though they are a bit low on mileage, everything else is great..

However, do test drive your options and see which bike suits you and you are comfortable with it..

I can adjust the budget 10k up down thats not an issue . If i could test drive it i would really not mind but i cant cause i dont yet know to ride a bike
<

I was actually going to get a non-geared Activa / Dio but my friends convinced me saying its a waste of money go for a geared directly.

I can adjust the budget 10k up down thats not an issue . If i could test drive it i would really not mind but i cant cause i dont yet know to ride a bike
<

I was actually going to get a non-geared Activa / Dio but my friends convinced me saying its a waste of money go for a geared directly.

First up dont waste money on Non-Geared bikes like Activa, you can master riding Geared bikes in few weeks, then you would laugh at the thought of you buying a Non geared bike
<

Secondly before buying a new bike, learn on a old bike, once you get proper handling then go for new bike, once confident of riding any bike get a new one, dont hurry just for sake of it.

and if budget is flexible by 10K then Yamaha Fazer is best choice, I would suggest Limited Edition Black-Gold variant, though I have Red one its gr8 looking too.

go for fazer mate, have one, white version.

easy to handle, low on milege and acceleration, but it got more guts.. no pain even if you ride a long way.

ps. try leaning in old bike as the first 1500kms fixes your new engine.

Actually its difficult to get a oldone mate to learn
<
, will certainly try to learn on a older bike but chances are higher i will be learning on my own one or my friends pulsar initially , lets see to it then i will be going for fazer
<
, is it the same as yahamz fz or shld i go for yahamaha fzs

Yamaha FZ/ FZ-s & Fazer have same features & specs only look gets different, but fazer fairs among fz & fz-s so dont look at 3-4K extra, you wont regret paying the extra premium
<

Actually its difficult to get a oldone mate to learn
<
, will certainly try to learn on a older bike but chances are higher i will be learning on my own one or my friends pulsar initially , lets see to it then i will be going for fazer
<
, is it the same as yahamz fz or shld i go for yahamaha fzs

Fazer has the following things extra compared to FZ/FZ-S AFAIK,

The front fairing

DC Electricals

Dual Horns

I got a Fazer 3 months back and learned on it to ride a bike, used to ride automatic scooters before. Fazer/FZ are very easy to handle and low on height so you can learn on it easily no problem.

Hmm then almost decided on the fazer , is there any waiting time on it usually .

I got mine in 45 days in Navi Mumbai.

@arun, i got on the first day..

@op, the difference is that it got fairing which adds extra pounds(performance reduced compared to FZ) and dual horn.

and hope you get white version which is damn seXy

do have a look at Black-Gold Limited edition too, looks awesome, was not available when I bought my Fazer else would have bought it for Red one.

Ok after reading few reviews came to conclusion that fz has comfortability issues for long rides and fazer is better for longer ride s, gives arnd 45-55 kmpl and has awesome looks . Please give a thumbs up if i have taken the right decision will be buying it next week , then lot of noob queries will arise be ready to answer those
<
. No waiting time issue according to the owner he said you gimme full payment i will give you delivery as and whenver you want
<

Back