BJP can do course correction.. Here it is..

It isn't selective. They think the govt is interfering in religious affairs. The bigger point here is whether you believe in constitutional supremacy or not. The court had to take a stand on a fundamental right, to not do so would be to relinquish its authority as the highest institution in the land to religious institutes. An ominous precedent would then be set as these places would then consider themselves out of the constitutions purview.

It is the sanghis attempting to create a communal issue. Downright despicable is what it is, and the communists have moved cautiously so far since they seem to still remember what happened in 1959. The only thing I am happy about with the situation is that the local congress leaders have come out as the biggest losers, and being disowned by Sonia and Raga. So funny to see Shashi Tharoor cringe on TV trying to make a point.

No they are accusing the commies of doing just that. For filing a case in supreme court when hardly any women were complaining in the first place. Irony is more women started complaining after the judgement came out. Usually when the court awards rights the beneficiaries grab them and do not protest them.

Course then the govt organised an even bigger human wall to counter them. This is politics via lawfare. It will have ramifications for other religions now. Busybodies & rabble rousers trying to stir things up just for political gain and using the courts.

I'm sympathetic to the original protestors cause but if one wants to be a constitutional republic then a hard choice has to be made.

Last edited:
The people in that video are a bunch of hypocritical buffoons. Selective outrage my ass. They are the kind that involve in selective outrage and apologist behavior. We are in a country, where even labeling of any right wing religious extremest outfit in the country as a terror group is done based on what religion they belong to and not just based on their actions. There are more than a few Hindu right wing extremest outfits that indulge in open acts of hate and violence against the citizens of this country, that more than qualifies them to be marked as terror groups and as enemies of the state, but would never be labeled as such and allowed to operate openly with impunity.

One of the ladies was talking about Khap Panchayats. Does she know how Khap Panchayats operate? Even the police fear their power. They can and will destroy any victim who questions their authority. Victims have been frequently punished even for approaching the police. Even after incidents are reported in the media, there is nothing police will or can do in many cases. They are further enabled by political parties because they represent the entire vote bank of the village and their word decides the votes of everyone in the village. These are the people that openly challenged the courts and demanded that they should have the power to order honor killings. Are these people saying that such lawlessness should be encouraged instead. The Khap Panchayat representation in Haryana/Punjab literally demanded that they (should) have have the authority to murder people for arbitrary reasons.

As for Kathua rape case, if that lady has evidence to show that the girls own family is involved, why does she want to write a book about it in future instead of presenting it in the courts? Deliberately withholding evidence in a criminal case is a punishable offense by itself. In any case, why did the police try to suppress it in the first place? Why does the religion of the girl even matter to seek justice for her. Is it not enough that a 8 year girl was raped and murdered. Its a wonder that she even acknowledged that a girl was indeed murdered. Harayana and Rajasthan have a huge number of child rapes and most of the victims are Hindus. These kind of people don't even talk about justice for them. They would like nothing better than to sweep them all under the rug for the "glory" of the country and they are unhappy because this particular case blew into a shit storm.

I thought it was a brilliant video. This khap panchayat thing happened a few years ago and the people there explained what happened and what we heard in the media. That is the selective outrage bit that forms the title. This whole outrage part stops you from reasoning and then messages can be fed. This is mind control pure and simple. Other ways are confusion & seduction. Why do you think I started to push back on these incessant rape stories.

As for the Kathua case Madhu kishwar just confirms my suspicions about that case. The overall context was Muslims moving into a Hindu area ie Jammu and pushing them out. All sorts of stories are going to get concocted in that case. I don't buy the official version of the kathua rape and i've stated this earlier here as well.

Why is she writing a book, because she doesn't have enough facts to stand in court. Whatever clinching evidence is long gone. So you have to connect the dots. It's a counter narrative to the sanitised politically correct version we got fed in the media through her own research.

Last edited:
As for the Kathua case Madhu kishwar just confirms my suspicions about that case. The overall context was Muslims moving into a Hindu area ie Jammu and pushing them out. All sorts of stories are going to get concocted in that case. I don't buy the official version of the kathua rape and i've stated this earlier here as well.

... Wow. That's disgusting.

Girl kept drugged in a temple for over a week and nobody notices

4000 people protest because a cop got arrested

Official version doesn't pass the smell test.

Yeah, i'm standing by that. So it was refreshing to know others think alike :)

Girl kept drugged in a temple for over a week and nobody notices

4000 people protest because a cop got arrested

Official version doesn't pass the smell test.

Yeah, i'm standing by that. So it was refreshing to know others think alike :)
It got the attention because its rarest of the rarest cases.

though Im not surprised. even donald trump has solid 35-40% republican hardcore supporters. something something false prophets and their blind followers.

Kathua case is not rarest of rare at all. The only rarity about it is the case getting attention. Its a one of cases that got attention just like the Nirbhya case among so many other countless cases of a similar kind. The official number of child rape/molestation case in the country is over 50K per year currently. As per NFHS, the report rate of such crime is estimated at 0.98% There are also quite a few number of rape cases including child rape cases involving immense brutality in the same level as in the Nirbhya incident. These crimes have become so common place that they are barely reported by the media.

Kathua case made it into news because of the additional drama involved. But even that is a good thing. Every such incident should be dragged out into the open and any reason is good enough. Frankly, I don't care about the politics surrounding it. I just want the culprits to be brought to justice even if its her own family. I know very well that apologists would rather have a such cases buried for for the "image" of the country or would rather compare numbers with other countries to feel good, but any number above zero is is a bad number on its own and something the country should be ashamed about and not proud. Apologists may also write it off as normal to have so many rapes, but they should know that one of these days, it could be their own daughter or sister that could end up this way and there will be others like you to write it off in a trivial manner.

though Im not surprised. even donald trump has solid 35-40% republican hardcore supporters. something something false prophets and their blind followers.

History is proof that both stupidity and evil will always have immense following. Nothing surprising or new about it. In trumps case, it has nothing to do with being republican at all. If you notice, hardcore principled Republican's have long been distancing themselves from trump. Its the idiots like himself that are behind trump..

Kathua case made it into news because of the additional drama involved. But even that is a good thing. Every such incident should be dragged out into the open and any reason is good enough. Frankly, I don't care about the politics surrounding it. I just want the culprits to be brought to justice even if its her own family.
Exactly, why was there this drama because the story got concocted as a result to serve political ends. It stopped being about that girl very early. How long did it take for us to learn her own family was involved. We were given a highly charged story purposely to channel thinking in one way. They say look here, well i'm the guy who looks in other directions too.[DOUBLEPOST=1546801308][/DOUBLEPOST]

Listen to him talk and you will know why. I never read reports about what he said without listening to him first. Recent example is this jibe he made at Modi. But if you listen to the context earlier he was having a go at the euros as well. Course media here never mentioned that only that he made fun of Modi. In fact he didn't what he did was say we needed to do more.

We are such poor sensitive things :D

Exactly, why was there this drama because the story got concocted as a result to serve political ends. It stopped being about that girl very early. How long did it take for us to learn her own family was involved. We were given a highly charged story purposely to channel thinking in one way. They say look here, well i'm the guy who looks in other directions too.
Ofcourse.

Listen to him talk and you will know why. I never read reports about what he said without listening to him first. Recent example is this jibe he made at Modi. But if you listen to the context earlier he was having a go at the euros as well. Course media here never mentioned that only that he made fun of Modi. In fact he didn't what he did was say we needed to do more.

I've seen the video and its definitely mocking india and modi. don't know why you think its otherwise. thats trump being an asshole as usual and mocking indian contribution to afghanistan. So is mocking indian PM okay if he mocks euros first? :D

We are such poor sensitive things :D

are we more sensitive tho than PM who refuses to give interviews without prior vetting of questions? chaliye pondicherry ko wanakkam? hmmmm
atleast pappu the balls to give interviews and raise questions in parliament. (wow cant believe Im defending congress of all people in this matter)

I've seen the video and its definitely mocking india and modi. don't know why you think its otherwise. thats trump being an asshole as usual and mocking indian contribution to afghanistan. So is mocking indian PM okay if he mocks euros first? :D
You've not seen the video. He didn't mock the PM he actually praised him. Check the white house youtube channel.

He spent more time complaining about the Euros. This is a common theme with allies since he entered office. Koreans, Japanese, Aussies even the UK. Important part. He criticised our effort but he also mentions a certain Euro country that sent over a hundred soldiers and even that wasn't enough for him. By that standard we weren't going to be better. So he didn't single us out.

My point is when you listen to the entire context you see what he means. It doesn't come across as sharp when quoted out of context which is what the media did here.

I don't know what more he wants. Indian boots on the ground are out. We've already spent $3bn there. Thing to keep in mind is purchasing power parity matters here. In terms of the work we're doing there. A $bn of Indian aid buys as much as $5bn of western aid for the same result because we charge less. So even if its a jibe it doesn't really count.

He did nail the Paks. First US president to be consistent about it.

[DOUBLEPOST=1546859576][/DOUBLEPOST]
are we more sensitive tho than PM who refuses to give interviews without prior vetting of questions? chaliye pondicherry ko wanakkam? hmmmm
atleast pappu the balls to give interviews and raise questions in parliament. (wow cant believe Im defending congress of all people in this matter)
Modi has a twitter feed and a youtube channel. If you've been paying attention you know already what he has done :)

And earlier people were laughing at Rahul. The recent wins have given Congress more confidence.

He won't be projected as the next PM though because against Modi he will lose.

Last edited:
For all the slams i would call his foreign policy modest and reasonable. We will get to know more in the next two years what he has in mind as he will be mostly in charge of it with like minded cabinet members.

Look at what he did with NK & Kim. He claims he has made more progress than the last three administrations put together. I expect similar with Iran. Hard push and settle.

Course the opposition disagrees.

A business man knows nothing about war. War is bad for business. The only place he is likely to send US troops is home.

You've not seen the video. He didn't mock the PM he actually praised him. Check the white house youtube channel.

He spent more time complaining about the Euros. This is a common theme with allies since he entered office. Koreans, Japanese, Aussies even the UK. Important part. He criticised our effort but he also mentions a certain Euro country that sent over a hundred soldiers and even that wasn't enough for him. By that standard we weren't going to be better. So he didn't single us out.

My point is when you listen to the entire context you see what he means. It doesn't come across as sharp when quoted out of context which is what the media did here.
wow. just wow. If you don't think thats mocking, then good for you. It certainly looked like mocking to me and just a google search show all the international news organizations also feel its mocking. but anyways, I'm just going to leave the timestamped link and let people decide for themselves.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...ia-modi-afghanistan-role-190105063051508.html
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...ding-library-in-afghanistan/story/306422.html
https://www.voanews.com/a/india-rej...on-modi-over-afghanistan-library/4727374.html

If its not mocking and indeed praise like you said, why did BJP's own National general secretary had to tweet defensively against trump's statement?

https://twitter.com/rammadhavbjp/status/1080742326576635904

its really surprising to see you, who normally check the facts, twist the facts to suit your narrative.

Oh, looky here, someone who likes Trump and thinks all rapes are fake news.

Definitely a sane and rational mind.

Sad!

P.s. united shursh covfefe

If anyone is interested in theory of evolution, one of the key things about it is that, generally evolution is a very very slow process. A species doesn't just evolve into another specifies just like that over time. But once in a while there is a small chance of a mutation occurring that would bring in a radical change. That is generally how evolution works. The thing about mutations is that they are not necessarily always progressive or beneficial for the species. There are regressive mutations as well that take you back to a prior state in the evolutionary process. So, some times there are humans with hair all over their body or other physical features that humans have had in a prior stage of evolution. This is not necessarily just limited to just physical features either. For example, there are groups of people who while living in the 21st century are pretty much cock sure that the earth is flat that would not accept any evidence against it and behave in a similar manner in other contexts as well.

Given that I have "Show Ignored Content" link enabled at the bottom and seeing a broken chain off posts showing disgust, I can pretty much surmise whats happening. I have only one entry in my ignore list and I have no intention of hitting the Show ignored content link, but, all I can advise is, don't bother. You are dealing with a creature that dates pretty far back in the evolutionary process in terms of intellectual faculties. You will only cause potential brain damage to yourself through interaction. Just add to ignore list and be done.

Back