Black Friday 2015 deals in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
do the optoma or benq have int'l warranty?

hows your experience been with projectors projected directly on the wall?

i have a projector on my wish list but the shipping/customs will kill any deal. plus lack of warranty. also i'm concerned about the bulb life, 2000 hours is not a lot if you use it instead of a tv
Let's get it straight, projector at no budget can replace your living room TV. Projectors require a dedicated setup (good audio is must, I'd actually rate it 60:40 experience, that's 60%audio & 40%visual experience ) for optimal experience. For limited viewing of movies and special matches it's very good IMHO; Buy a projector if you have a regular TV for daily soaps, news etc.
My friend finally bought a Benq W1070 from Amazon, it's motherboard died in the first month. To our surprise benq honours international warranty for Projectors and replaced the motherboard for free, Optoma service centre in Hyderabad has a board mentioning NO warranty for online purchases.
Wall projection is more than enough for our purposes. If you have a non glossy white paint results are equally good.

Guys, most of the good deals on cellphones are on BestBuy and they automatically cancel the orders made to freight forwarders address (Borderlinx,HSG,SnS) ! How can i get those shipped to India through forwarders only ? Any workaround ? Viabox has listed them but i'm not so sure if BB will ship to theirs as i've read online they cancel orders before shipping.

Let's get it straight, projector at no budget can replace your living room TV. Projectors require a dedicated setup (good audio is must, I'd actually rate it 60:40 experience, that's 60%audio & 40%visual experience ) for optimal experience. For limited viewing of movies and special matches it's very good IMHO; Buy a projector if you have a regular TV for daily soaps, news etc.
My friend finally bought a Benq W1070 from Amazon, it's motherboard died in the first month. To our surprise benq honours international warranty for Projectors and replaced the motherboard for free, Optoma service centre in Hyderabad has a board mentioning NO warranty for online purchases.
Wall projection is more than enough for our purposes. If you have a non glossy white paint results are equally good.
That's a big positive for Benq. I might ask one of my friends to carry it for me. He already uses the Benq one in US.

Guys, most of the good deals on cellphones are on BestBuy and they automatically cancel the orders made to freight forwarders address (Borderlinx,HSG,SnS) ! How can i get those shipped to India through forwarders only ? Any workaround ? Viabox has listed them but i'm not so sure if BB will ship to theirs as i've read online they cancel orders before shipping.
tried PPO? also do post links to the deals...

Corsair's Black Friday "Super Sale". Check it out.
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/supersale[DOUBLEPOST=1448512031][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seagate is crap. Ordered 4tb WD Red NAS HDD.
Any proof to backup your claims? Also I hope that you already know but the WD Red are actually not that popular. Ironic. From what I hear they seem to be marketing gimmicks about that "Best Drive for NAS/Enterprise". In fact many people who have it said that the Blacks make more sense and I believe this because the Blacks have been tried and tested by many people over the years.

^^ Seagate HDD are slow and unreliable these days. One of my 2 TB internal drive has errors being reported by SMART. The internal desktop series drives are not worth buying at all.

An external 2 TB USB 3 drive that I bought has a very slow drive, but also works only with USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0.
I got another 5TB seagate external drive from US last year and its works great when I tested it, but as one of the AC adapters fried, I could use only one of the two drives till I find a replacement adapter.

I am using a WD Red 4 TB as an internal drive (all my games are installed on it) right now and they are not bad at all for the price. The Blacks off course make sense for performance, but if you want reliability. WD enterprise series make more sense.

tried PPO? also do post links to the deals...

PPOBox has horror stories associated with it nowadays. Parcels siphoned off at their warehouses and never reaching to the customer.

Even i was looking for the same but the thing is, how do we get this from BestBuy to a freight forwarder ? I'll be interested if we can combine our order and split the shipping + customs costs[DOUBLEPOST=1448530370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well the one he linked is unlocked AFAIK.. For me, I emailed at n t and requested for unlock code, it's that easy
Don't we need to be activated for 6 months to unlock a GoPhone or do they allow this to be unlocked for international customers without any fuss about this limitation of theirs ?

PPOBox has horror stories associated with it nowadays. Parcels siphoned off at their warehouses and never reaching to the customer.

Even i was looking for the same but the thing is, how do we get this from BestBuy to a freight forwarder ? I'll be interested if we can combine our order and split the shipping + customs costs[DOUBLEPOST=1448530370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't we need to be activated for 6 months to unlock a GoPhone or do they allow this to be unlocked for international customers without any fuss about this limitation of theirs ?
Well I had got 2 Nokia 520 last time one for me and for another friend. Both were box packed and were unlocked without any problem. Yeah I also know about that 6 months term use but they didn't seem to put that a lot of thought when I had requested, I hope it's the same as of now.

Well I had got 2 Nokia 520 last time one for me and for another friend. Both were box packed and were unlocked without any problem. Yeah I also know about that 6 months term use but they didn't seem to put that a lot of thought when I had requested, I hope it's the same as of now.
Now that's a good news !! I can go ahead with the purchase in that case. Now the only issue remains is how to procure from Best Buy, any pointers ?

Now that's a good news !! I can go ahead with the purchase in that case. Now the only issue remains is how to procure from Best Buy, any pointers ?
I got mine from Microsoft itself and a friend was on tour who got it for me. Don't know much about best buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back