Black Friday hauls !

@filmguy: Yup, Tough to manage. Till now I'm done with nearly 50% of what I've. Like I said, more hours on weekends and off-field days. Then there are times when you simply cannot stop watching a series. Happened to me with Generation Kill, Rome and Firefly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, Tough to manage. Till now I'm done with nearly 50% of what I've. Like I said, more hours on weekends and off-field days. Then there are times when you simply cannot stop watching a series. Happened to me with Generation Kill, Rome and Firefly.

I am starting my own bluray library soon. Can you please PM me the various sources that you buy from as in which sources offer the best deals.
Also does Amazon ship these straight to India and are their shipping charges VFM.
TIA.

I have found that most of the DVDs are region 1..How do you play these DVDs in Indian DVD player ? do you process with software or they just works ?

I am starting my own bluray library soon. Can you please PM me the various sources that you buy from as in which sources offer the best deals.
Also does Amazon ship these straight to India and are their shipping charges VFM.
TIA.
Only source so far has been AMZ (US/UK/DE).
AMZ US ships directly to India vi Aramex (and sometimes i-parcel, which is the most useless courier of all time !). You can choose between Free AMZGlobal shipping for orders above 125$ or Standard/Expedited/Priority shipping. Standard is fine. You will get the shipments within 7-10 days.
AMZ UK uses Royal Mail and Deustche DHL. Both of them hand it over to Indian Post and then it's at their mercy. Takes anywhere between 7 days to 2-3 months (specially with D-DHL). They also have Priority shipping.
AMZ DE use D-DHL. Again takes months to deliver (for me). @crossbow OTOH has a positive experience with D-DHL.

alekhkhannatough life u have :p
yep firefly was really good.. 1 of the shows that really live up to its acclaim
True that. :bigok:

Alek - How much import duty is charged or do you have have your postman/girl :p
Hehe. Luckily no duty for direct shipments from US/UK to India. Funny because it goes through the same channel as SnS (both are Aramex), and some of my parcels were >4Kgs in weight, with some 20 blurays in !

I have found that most of the DVDs are region 1..How do you play these DVDs in Indian DVD player ? do you process with software or they just works ?
Using Toshiba BDX3200. RF for both blurays an DVDs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Up this goes ! :D

Signature Acoustics C12

ee9Yw.jpg

Beautiful antique carry case (pretty heavy as well) and wooden housing.

Some part of Black Friday deals came in:

SoA S4/Louie S2/Benjamin Button/The A-Team:

YBgvP.jpg

Heroes S1:

vgVMI.jpg

True Blood S4:

6nbpz.jpg

Fast and Furious CE (Wheel edition; Collects all 5 movies):

A2dHF.jpg

Tarantino XX CE:

SwIMd.jpg

ezPuM.jpg

Opens up into a some fantastic artwork inside (not pictured here).

From Dusk Till Dawn - Titty Twister Edition:

CWCuj.jpg

Comes with a full size poster:

ydCds.jpg

The movie, 2 Titty Twister shot glasses and a real Santanico Pandemonium Tattoo:

nMYjN.jpg

The artcards:

vfuRU.jpg

Titty Twister Iron Bar Sign and Pin Badges:

fUieh.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Can you upload more pictures of the fast and furious CE. When can we see your entire collection ?
Sure. Will put up some more pics tomorrow, though there's not much to see I'm afraid. About the entire collection, well, whenever I get proper display shelves for them. :p

Back