Storage Solutions blank dvds -- which ones to buy??

I got two 10-DVD spindles of Sony DVD+R from Nehru Place yesterday. Cost Rs 210/- each thus making each DVD Rs 21 each (with spindle). Loose might be cheaper, didnt ask.

200mph said:
u should have picked the verbatims or mitsubishi rather . much better @ same prices

Even Sony DVD+R spindles were extremely difficult to find. Only one shop had them. Everyone stocks Sony DVD-R spindles only!

200mph said:
u should have picked the verbatims or mitsubishi rather . much better @ same prices

Had gone to NP yesterday.. There were no Verbs/Mitsubishis at Director Computers, Vision Infotech and also 2-3 other shops i checked up.. Knw any other shops that may have it?

Got 10 National DVDs.... for 120rs... Tried hard for bargain..but seemed low chain retailer so had to agree with 12/each

oh strange , director computer always has it. verbs are the best thing you can get in india @ np . sony dvd+r are hard to find always . dont know but people just prefer cheap media rather than good media

by the just checked my National DVD`s ( which i normally get to burn cheap stuff ) thru DISC identifier... and GUess what the IT SHOWS SONY ALL THE WAY....

will upload the pic !

and guess what they burn at 20x at my frnds lite ON !

i write them at 8X and 1 year has already passed and they are still good to go :D

My Writex (Rs. 12.50 each / 50 stack / bought 2 years back) ones are still good after 2 years.:hap2:

Burnt @ 6x on my Liteon 1633s@1653s (custom firmware),

Quality score of my stack varies from 85-95%. :clap:

Got several 93 percenters and a few crapped out at 75%,. Lowest was 50 % (disk had scratches)

Never got a coaster.

I'd rather invest my money on a new hard disk than buying a TY or verbs.

I will suggest only buy Verbatim & Taiyo yuden dvdr discs ..
I am using them for last 4 years without a single failure
superb compatibility & awesome quality they are

Back