Blaze...anyone?

Hmm...i enquired around here and from what I learned from people using kinetic products, the service is good enough it seems.

BTW, techie, is your vehicle giving any problems?

+1 for Activa

dont go for Dio if u are like 6 feets and 88... u'll feel it like a toy bike :p the handle is so very small and it aint too comfortable either... no space for that extra stepny tyre.. and plastic body... while in Activa... u have a different comfortable seat ... space for that spare tyre.. and yeah.. Full metal Strong Body...

blaze... felt comfortable and powerful... wen i rode it once :)

techie_007 said:
get the disc brake version, the drums not so good at stopping from 70-0 :bleh:

70-0... i dnt think tht'll b necessary :p

unless u wanna hit the disc break n topple wid the bike fallin on u :bleh:

+1 for the Activa..

powerful engine..very steady at high speeds(70s. n all.. )..looks gud only.. :)

Me was thinking of activa as well, but the thing is you see, its not just me that will ride the vehicle, a pillion rider (sister or mom) will also need concideration. Seating and power wise (well, visakhapatnam is one BIGGG ghat road, the only level roads in vizag are the NH5 and the beach road) too the Blaze is significantly powerfull than the activa (14 BHP vs 7BHP)
See the specs below:

Blaze

ENGINE

Type
4 Stroke, 4 valve

Displacement IN cc
165 cc

Max. Power @ rpm
11,6 hp @ 7500

Max. Torque Nm @ rpm
12 Nm @ 5000

Fuel efficiency (Idc)
45 kmpl

BRAKES

Front
Drum (130mm) / Disc (220mm)

Rear
Drum (130mm)

SUSPENSION

Front
Telescopic

Rear ( 2 Nos)
Telescopic Shock Absorber With damping (Adjustable)

DIMENSIONS

L x W x H - mm
1990 x 700 x 950

Wheel Base – mm

Gr. Clearance – mm

Seat Height – mm
Front - 765, Rear - 910

Kerb Weight – Kg

Fuel Tank Capacity - Lit.

tyre size front
120/70 -12" - 51L (Tube Type)

tyre size rear
130/70 -12" - 56L (Tube Type)

ELECTRICALS

Head Lamp
Twin lamps each 35 / 35 W in a single housing.

Front Position Lamp
12V, 5W

Battery
12 V , 9 Ah

Indicators
21 W x 4

Tail Lamp/Brake Lamp
5 / 21 W

Activa

strangely i found the Dio's seat a bit better :p i guess thats my personal opinion but since the general consensus seems to be in favour of the activa, i'll add another vote for the activa :)

The problem with the blaze is not the vehicle itself but the fact that its from kinetic....honda is as reliable as it gets in india...

Ok guys, here is an update.

first, i thank all who have posted their openions and suggestions!

Today, i went to the Honda's and kinetic's showrooms and tested the Activa (Dio was not in stock), Nova, revamped KineticHonda,eterno and the blaze.

What I found out was, when i was astride the vehicles, the handlebars of evry one of them except the blaze was touching my knees and the worst is the kinetic nova. There was virtually zero handle bar movement when I put my legs in the normal driving position. Even on the blaze, there was still some obstruction but that was negligible compared to the others.

Also there was a 1 month waiting period for the Activa and a 2 month one (which could be reduced to 1 month on payment of additional 1.5k it seems) on the dio respectively. As i have to commute long distances and couldn't wait for that amount of time, ive placed a booking for the blaze (red with disc brakes).

I have one more question, what all does the "on the road" price include? I guess it will be ex showroom price+insurance+?

ok thanks!

and anything about good helmets? What should i look for in a good helmet? How much does one cost (i remember from bikey's thread looooong ago that itll be around 2k. Is it still the case?)?

Congrats

:D

i guess u can pick up a decent one for like 1-1.5k nowadays in most places.

n not really many problems with the bike. most were minor niggles fixed during the servicing..

have suffered a couple of punctures...but cant really blame kinetic for all the nails that get embedded in the tires :p so got the rear tube changed. Also, getting the rear tire removed in case of puncture etc is a long process involving removin like 6-7 different nuts so make sure u get the service guy to explain to you once how it is done (so u can guide any roadside puncture walas :D )n put it back together properly too....

once, one of the idiot mechanics at a puncture repair shop didnt do a good job puttin it back in.....one of the rear shockers came loose as a result..but kinetic replaced it as still under warranty so no issues ;) same also resulted in a slight niggle during driving at >50 speeds but a visit to the workshop put it right as they dismantled the whole thing n showed me which bolt was loose before reassemblin it :D

@ Kumar

Dude read on the newpaper today

Get your Temp Registration from eSeva where it will cost you Rs.60.00

Will the Showroom agency will be charging anything around Rs.400-600.00

Call me for futher details :p

Kumar get Ninja

Should cost around Rs.600.00 something I think

Once u buy it insit for the bill since you will need to provide it while u get ur bike registered

^Thanks dude,

im presuming that the ninja is a helmet and not the kawasajki ninja right?

The showroom is giving a helmet (ISI approved) with the vehicle. So i guess it will be fine.

Ill go to the eseva centre and get it temp reged.

ill call you later tomorrow. ok?

^^

If you can get a Kawasakhi Ninja for Rs.600.00

I would surely like to buy around 10 Piece...

Will gift em to my yougn cousins who long for a bike....

And if I am in a generous mood...

Will buy you one as well....

:p

Sure give me a call as and when u please

The 2K helmet you were referring to is the AGV helmet I guess.... I started the thread. Sunnyboi bought one and I followed suit.

I wouldnt suggest it... I dont think it's worth 2K. A lot of minor niggles.

Get a good Wega helmet for 1K or so.

Back