BLDC Ceiling Fans

Was thinking to replace my traditional fans to modern day BLDC motor based fans

Do any of view have personal experience with regards to the motor noise longevity /after sales services ,could those be lateron repaired at local electrical shops ,and which are good options in the market . i have heard atomberg superfan ,crompton also has it and what about the CFM of these fans ?

Was thinking to replace my traditional fans to modern day BLDC motor based fans

Do any of view have personal experience with regards to the motor noise longevity /after sales services ,could those be lateron repaired at local electrical shops ,and which are good options in the market . i have heard atomberg superfan ,crompton also has it and what about the CFM of these fans ?
I think regarding BLDC fans :https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01DSP5G0C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_WMAPVA89Z2GSWV8Q720J

Has anyone used it, is it silent or good. I am keen to check it and buy one. If it is good, I'll replace all the ceiling fans with this one.

I have 3 atomberg fans, 2 x 1400mm and 1200mm. One 1400mm fan bearing went kaput in few months(probably due to really long ceiling rod), was replaced by a new unit. Its been 3 years now and still running fine. The 1200mm and 1400mm fan with stock fan ceiling rod have no issues.

I also have a 3 year old Orient aero quiet and the aero quiet bldc, the bldc version is buyers remorse. Its worked well when it was new but it jerks each time you change the speed or switch it On and Off. I did dismantle it to check for issue and put it back again but for unknown reasons it stopped doing that. But resumed again after another year. The same aeroquiet with regular motor has been running fine.

Do not go for any unknown brands because they use cheap bearings. But they do save on power consumption.

The very first time I heard or accidently came across bldc fan was Superfan brand and wanted to know more about it as well ,now they have come up with q-bldc I think it has more new features due to granular control.

Regarding the rod scenario, rod height is dependent on how high or low ones ceiling is .usually what length of rod is within the box ?

I am very much concerned about noise at high speed and the airflow of fan. does it match traditional fan coverage or exceeds ? I saw their numbers but wanted to re verify from an end user.

Secondly are the energy saving claims correct do they reflect in your bills

Energy saving is good but not like the only thing. We have Orient Fans in our household that are noisy but super fast and want to replace them all with something silent, any suggestions. Atomberg are good ?

I have 3 atomberg fans, 2 x 1400mm and 1200mm. One 1400mm fan bearing went kaput in few months(probably due to really long ceiling rod), was replaced by a new unit. Its been 3 years now and still running fine. The 1200mm and 1400mm fan with stock fan ceiling rod have no issues.

I also have a 3 year old Orient aero quiet and the aero quiet bldc, the bldc version is buyers remorse. Its worked well when it was new but it jerks each time you change the speed or switch it On and Off. I did dismantle it to check for issue and put it back again but for unknown reasons it stopped doing that. But resumed again after another year. The same aeroquiet with regular motor has been running fine.

Do not go for any unknown brands because they use cheap bearings. But they do save on power consumption.
How quiet are those fans ? I am planning to get one for my small room...

Noise also depends on your room structure and the stuff inside the room. The Atomberg fan that I have is quite silent by itself and the wind noise is not much at low speeds but at max speed it does create lots of wind noise.
I will be upgrading 2 older fans to Atomberg as well this year.

I have 2 Superfan A1 in the bedrooms. They are reasonably quiet and are trouble-free so far. One of it is more than an year old and the other is about 6 months. I have changed to BLDC where the fans are used for extended hours as that is where the power consumption matters. The cost is nearly 3 times that of normal fans so it does not make sense to change all fans.

I have 2 Superfan A1 in the bedrooms. They are reasonably quiet and are trouble-free so far. One of it is more than an year old and the other is about 6 months. I have changed to BLDC where the fans are used for extended hours as that is where the power consumption matters. The cost is nearly 3 times that of normal fans so it does not make sense to change all fans.
I have a very small room. its 16x16 or 20x20. we at home run fans 24x7 I think it their is no power cut. so should the 1200mm fans be good based on your bedroom experience on the same ?

Been using Superfan since 2013 >> https://techenclave.com/threads/the-everyday-show-off-thread.57621/post-1883587

Subsequently bought more superfans over the course of years(3x A1 and 1x X1).
Zero issues so far.

Heard of the Super-Q recently which won the BEE India Appliance of the year award for 2020, planning to get one to see what's the fuss is all about.

photo_2021-04-06_11-34-19.jpg

Have an Orient Aeroslim as well, which has been running well for 2 years now.

Observations from my ownership.

SuperFan
  • Superfan provides good customer support and the products themselves have been reliable so far.
  • IIRC they are the pioneers of BLDC fans in the Indian market, long before it became mainstream.
  • In a few instances where the fans needed repairs, I've heard the Superfan team had shipped the replacement parts and detailed instructions on how to carry out the repair.
  • Fans are silent yes, but the blades cutting the air will still make some noise.
  • Somehow I feel that the real time air throw is a little less compared to a conventional fan, even though the CFM specs match.
    Having said that, the overall benefits are good enough to ignore this.
Orient Aeroslim
  • Installation was fun and challenging given the unique installation process.
    It's like an overcomplicated Lego set.
  • Once properly installed, you'd admire the thought that went into the design and the way it hides away all cables and height adjustment very cleanly behind that barrels.
  • Very quiet compared to Super fans.
  • Costs almost 2x compared to few super fan models, but the additional features like app control/voice assistant control/reverse rotation mode do justify the premium.
  • The downlight comes with three brightness levels, which is very practical.

Last edited:
I have a very small room. its 16x16 or 20x20. we at home run fans 24x7 I think it their is no power cut. so should the 1200mm fans be good based on your bedroom experience on the same ?
I think our bedrooms are smaller at 13x 12 or so. We mostly at use it at 2'nd speed or at extreme temps at 3. Since your room is quite large, you might need a different model

The fan noise are comparable to the fans they replaced. Wind noise cannot match aero quiet or the similar looking fans from crompton.
For your 16*16 room you need 1400 mm is the minimum, if its 20*20 they you will need 2 x 1200mm fans.

Its worked well when it was new but it jerks each time you change the speed or switch it On and Off. I did dismantle it to check for issue and put it back again but for unknown reasons it stopped doing that. But resumed again after another year. The same aeroquiet with regular motor has been running fine.
I think it's a classic case of mismatched rods and a loose clamp near the down rod notch.
It can happen to any fan.

Is this by any chance mounted on a false ceiling, where the false guys already installed a generic rod and you have mounted on the same rod?
Either way, all you need to do is tighten the clamp that holds the down rod and the fan and voila, no more jerks on start or whenever you change the speed.

1618405777232.png

The Orient AeroSlim ones are probably the best in the market in terms of features, throw, looks and efficiency combined. They don’t ace in any department (except looks) but I’d suggest them as the safest and most reliable option (in terms of customer support). They are a bit more expensive than the rest though.

I also have some atomberg fans and they look quite ugly. Regular non BLDC fans looks way better

The fan noise are comparable to the fans they replaced. Wind noise cannot match aero quiet or the similar looking fans from crompton.
For your 16*16 room you need 1400 mm is the minimum, if its 20*20 they you will need 2 x 1200mm fans.
I also have a 8x8 room I think so should I use the 1200mm there?
@sriharsha_m thx for the detailed review.. now am inclining towards superfan from atomberg..
i curr. use 15yr old bajaj fan.. must awesome to switch..
atomberg are 3k to 3.5k and superfans are 5k as per their website.

Last edited:
So many of you have good experiences with bldc fans and I appreciate your inputs.

Browsed through various orient and superfans with many modes/features.There are models with leads modes/features

So I would like to know which features are must have /usefull and which are meh

I would like to know the coverage of down light on orient aero slim is it bright ?

Could you share your photographs ?

And are these orient fans cheap in open market ?

So many of you have good experiences with bldc fans and I appreciate your inputs.

Browsed through various orient and superfans with many modes/features.There are models with leads modes/features

So I would like to know which features are must have /usefull and which are meh

I would like to know the coverage of down light on orient aero slim is it bright ?

Could you share your photographs ?

And are these orient fans cheap in open market ?
It has 3 levels. Not exactly bright but good enough to illuminate the room when you need a night lamp. Probably around the same power as a 7W led

I think it's a classic case of mismatched rods and a loose clamp near the down rod notch.
It can happen to any fan.

Is this by any chance mounted on a false ceiling, where the false guys already installed a generic rod and you have mounted on the same rod?
Either way, all you need to do is tighten the clamp that holds the down rod and the fan and voila, no more jerks on start or whenever you change the speed.

View attachment 104003
Its stock rod that came with the fan. Amazon reviews are filled with similar complaints for this particular model. I installed it my self, so no question of loose fittings.

Back