Monitors blurry text on 24" lcd monitor

abhivg

Disciple
Recently purchased a benq g2400w.
The text/fonts seem a bit blurry when I use it at its native resolution, 1920x1200 with 1:1 pixel mapping. However if i set resolution to 1280x1024 with 1:1 pixel mapping the text seems very clear.

Why is this? Since at both resolutions I am using 1:1 pixel mapping?
Anyone else faced similar issues? Is it possible to correct this?
Any pointers would be appreciated

thanks,
Avg

whats the input you are using? dvi or vga? if vga then use dvi and whats the graphics that you have? some onboards tend to show blury text at high resoltuions

I am using vga. I have an asus a7n-266vm with onboard geforce2mx (i think).
Even if I do go with dvi, I will need to get a vga to dvi converter (if thats possible). Also will it be worth it, will the difference be noticably good?

neways, thanks for replying.
:)

I dont seem to notice any thickness change, just that at the lesser resolution the text seems a lot better to read.

I tried the tool you mentioned, not much difference though.

abhivg said:
I am using vga. I have an asus a7n-266vm with onboard geforce2mx (i think).

Even if I do go with dvi, I will need to get a vga to dvi converter (if thats possible). Also will it be worth it, will the difference be noticably good?

neways, thanks for replying.

:)

You bet! I saw a massive difference in text sharpness between using VGA and DVI on my 22" when I set it up. And that was at 1680x1050. At your higher resolution, VGA would suck BIG TIME!

WickedTA said:
You bet! I saw a massive difference in text sharpness between using VGA and DVI on my 22" when I set it up. And that was at 1680x1050. At your higher resolution, VGA would suck BIG TIME!

Thanks for the inputs guys :)
I hope a simple DVI converter should be enough. Looked around ebay, sells for around Rs. 300-400.

Can the gf2-mx handle 1920 comfortably? I doubt it. Also, I don't think there's a vga-to-dvi convertor. What you saw might be a dvi-to-vga convertor.

zhopudey said:
Can the gf2-mx handle 1920 comfortably? I doubt it. Also, I don't think there's a vga-to-dvi convertor. What you saw might be a dvi-to-vga convertor.

Yeah If your card only gives you vga output I don't think getting a converter would help.

abhivg said:
Thanks for the inputs guys :)

I hope a simple DVI converter should be enough. Looked around ebay, sells for around Rs. 300-400.

guess wud b waste...rather invest tht much for a graphic card.:)

your onboard graphics is way out of date for this resolution . it's time for upgrade , or buy a cheapo pci-e gcard if your mobo has a pci-e slot .

well as said above the converter wont help as the signal would still be analog..

your best bet is to get a cheap dedicated graphics card which has a DVI port, hunt around for a 7200 or 7300 or some some from the ATI's x series ad you shud be good

Uh, missed the Geforce2MX part. As mentioned by others, you'll need to step up to a newer graphics card that has native DVI-D output.

rapt0r said:
your onboard graphics is way out of date for this resolution . it's time for upgrade , or buy a cheapo pci-e gcard if your mobo has a pci-e slot .

I have already spent a bit on the benq 24 incher :)
But my system is a bit old though, got it in 2002. So now seems a good time to upgrade, money permitting. :)

Back