OC & Modding Bong cooling?

muttster

Disciple
hey..! has anyone done bong cooling here?
Im reading this guide http://www.hardwareasylum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899 it seems to be simple enough..i could do it..(with some help :p)..would be a nice project..(plus i wanna make something myself..)

im wondering if anyone here has done it? and is it that effective? any tips?
I will order a CPU and GPU waterblock from frozencpu..
can i make waterblocks myself?
i hope i will easily get the pipes and tubes here....(at a good hardware store..)

what do you all think ?

Im looking to make something like in the attatchment..

Attachments

• 96overall.jpg
    96overall.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 115
hey thanks..

i already checked that thread out earlier..interesting eh..

I found the bong in the attatchment quite convenient..so i thought i'll make something like that...

I was wondering about cpu blocks.how the hell to make them here. is ordering the only solution?

off topic: i just did the 7800gtx mod..my temps are down about 10c! (remove the plastic thingy and put a fan mod)

DIY CPU blocks..i spent 6 month on research for amking myself one..then bought one from frozencpu :rofl:

i'll do a simple, but effective solution soon..

heheh i think im about to buy ine from them too :p
but wat if the cables/pipes/tubes dont fit?:S
aargh..bong looks so cool though...

hehe yeah wanna make something myself..
which CPU block should i get from FrozenCPU?
and If i order from global priority mail, i will need to go and pick it up from customs right?
while FedEx is home delivery?
My relatives are not in USA :( I was hoping i could order something and they could get it here, hence saving shipping costs..

:| tell me how you'll fit petrol pipes to cool the CPU :| u suck eddy, u really do :bleh:

i'm talkin of 1/2 inch inner dia pipes :tongue:

As far as CPU block goes DD TDX is considered as one of the best one.

In fact go to http://www.dangerden.com/news.php and order everythign from there. 1 place where everythign can be purchased provided you are ready to spend heavily on shipping.

As far as the bong cooling is concerned, i have tried it and ditched it.

It works well, but problem of dust and algae made me drop the project. I even have the bong somewhere in my store room. I will find and post the pic.

If anyone wants TDX i have extra one. Had mine, and also got sunny's for my friend. But he chickened out and did not use the block in the end. :p

yo..i was experimenting with AC cooling :p hehe switched the AC at 16degrees..put the comp right in front of it..
max temp. @ 2683 (stable!) was 30C..idle was 21C..mobo was 22C and gfx card 31c..
idle temps at even 2785 were 22c! mobo21,gfx 31..:

waiting for DFI..then gonna do some nice overclocking..
Also, I MITE be getting a half tonne AC..just to be placed in front of the comp..wont have it on 24/7 cause of the bills :p
there was no condensation or formation of water or stuff so i think the AC thingy should work.will add a Thermaltake(or is it thermalright) Big Typhoon to further help.(esp. when not overclocking much and without the AC)
but still gonna research on watercooling:) its fascinating and id rather do it over the AC cooling :eek:hyeah:

AC Cooling , can u post some screenies of the temps that u mentioned.
The GPU at 31Degree idle esp a 7800GTX is gr8

Please post the pics if possible.

muttster said:
hey thanks..
i already checked that thread out earlier..interesting eh..

I found the bong in the attatchment quite convenient..so i thought i'll make something like that...
I was wondering about cpu blocks.how the hell to make them here. is ordering the only solution?
off topic: i just did the 7800gtx mod..my temps are down about 10c! (remove the plastic thingy and put a fan mod)

man pls give me a link to the mod............ appreciate it.........

Fianlly..done with the bong..

I'll try to get some pics..only medium I have is a Sony handycam..lets see

Big thanks to FunkyMonkey for all the help..!! :hap2:

Attachments

• bong-temps.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 95
Back