OC & Modding Bong cooling?

buddy post the pics soon .... it wud be really helpfull for the other members if they want to built the same kooling ...

Hello..some pics!

Now these are from a video I took out from my Sony Handycam..so the quality aint good..I paused the video and hit 'Print Scrn'..heh..

(Any knows how to take pics from Sony Handycam DCRA-C121 please tell me :D)

CPU waterblock

Fan(Intake.Throws air at the CPU)

Fan on the GPU

Intel Stock fan to cool the Motherboard Chip

Top of the bong

Middle-End of the bong

End of the bong

Bit of Cabby+Bong

Pic of the pump

Comp. table

nice .... but i don't think u will be keeping ur Computer like this for long .... anyways have u made the CPU block by urself ....

no..its a Dangerden TDX....
Comp is okay..but pump is making some noise..will try another pump...
clean the comp with Euroclean from time to time..not much dust since its in my room..
temps 44c max@load..1.584v 2620mhz..(260*10)

i will say very nice effort buddy .....

but i think u can use a radiator too cool the water rather than that way ....

radiator will be more eefective than that .....

better get a maruti 800 radiator as u are keeping the bong thing out side the comp 800 radiator will not take much space and i think u can get a cheap second hand radiator .... wat do u say ??

edit:- ohh man u are using a very big motor ..... just seen that ....

thanks man.. :D

yes yes..radiator is the next step..hehe im hooked onto these things :)

I've already asked my driver to ask the mechanic for a radiator..heh..

I thought of ordering a GPU block too..but thanks to ur mod..the temp on gpu doesnt go above 58c @load..so no need me thinks..

Hello..I switched the 2 fans around..and now I got 35c @load.

Though AC is on at 24C...

Table fan on Cabby:

Fan on Bong:

Shower:

Temps:

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, nicely done. All i will say is take that table fan off the cabinet. if it tumbles then you might be in trouble.

Good to see someone else trying these things.

And yeah i have my doubts if radiator will work better as far as coling goes. It will be less messy but i dont think it will be better. I never got the kind of performance with the huge radiator that i have that I used to get with bong or trey cooling( i will explain trey cooling a little later ) even in mumbai's humid conditions. Bong works really well if you dont mind the amount of space it takes and looks.

hey guys this my first post here!!:hap2:

Quad Master thanks for telling me about this place!!:eek:hyeah: i love it

Just some thing i had made, i used a submersible pump from a cooler ( the made in china plastic ones), block i made on a lathe ( real simple has a circular hole in the middle and a top plate is brazed on), and we all love AS5 dont we!!!!!!!!!

:eek:hyeah:

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 88
Looks like Sunny has got new friend on TE. ;)

Guys i met "the_new_guy" on XS Forums invited him here.
BTW its unbelievable that at just 15Yrs of age u have done so much.

Welcome to TE.

the_new_guy said:
hey guys this my first post here!!:hap2:
Welcome! Gr8 going there mate!! :hap2:
the_new_guy said:
...block i made on a lathe ( real simple has a circular hole in the middle and a top plate is brazed on),
cud u pls post more details on ur design n such stuff that? a perhaps more pics too? tnx in advance :eek:hyeah:

My block looks just like the tidal pool block, other than that mine is made out of copper and my has 3/8'' pipe barbs that has 1/4''

I cut the copper bar, worked on it on a lathe, then brazed a top on it, then drilled the holes, then tap threads, then sanded the bottom and vola :)

Attachments

• tidal2.jpg
    tidal2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 74
  • tidal1.jpg
    tidal1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 76
hey you have any ideas where Icould get Neoprene(for insulation) and Denatured Alcohol(As liquid), my chiller is ready but I can't find appropriate liquid and insulating material!

thx

Edit: I'm in Mumbai

denatured alcohol at any chemist

Neoprene pipe insulation at HVAC shop.

Can you pls post some pics, have you made or used fridge or something????

i am really into phase change, am working on my first DD

hey thanks, any brand name or something? called up lots chemists but they don't know ab it..i'll post pic on 5th jan..my cameras with my bro n dats when he returns..

thx

edit: pipe insulation is no problem..I can't find neoprene to insulate the cpu n mobo..

Back