PC Peripherals Bookshelf speakers or 2.1 for balanced sound

desiibond

Skilled
Well, my first choice is Edifier R1280DB and it is nowhere in stock. I doubt if it will be available anytime soon. I thought of Logitech Z623 but after getting used to balanced audio, I cannot even consider any logitech speaker. My budget is up to 20k. Please suggest some good 2.1 or bookshelf speakers (Bangalore).

1. Balanced sound, do not want window shattering bass.
2. Bass should be there but it should be just enough to complement mid and high.
3. No studio monitors. These are usually too flat to use as PC speakers (unless they come with option to attach a sub).
4. Having Bluetooth can be a bit plus as I do not have to go through the hassle of using adapters if I want to play from phone (both my phones come without 3.5mm port).
5. Open for soundbar options as well. In this case, will move from Bose Companion 5 to PC and add soundbar to TV.

Edifier - this company seems to be done in India. I guessed it last year when was hunting for an edifier - the India distributor - DV, they simply don't want to do business or doesn't understand business.

By the way pretty bad time to buy speakers - speaker which were going for 75-80k now tagged as 108k INR,

Else, your two option could be: -
1. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075QVMBT9/
2. https://audiomaxx.in/collections/st...-dts-x-dolby-audio-4k-bluetooth-wi-fi-spotify

if you want to dive deeper check this out https://padlet.com/joentell/leaderboard

Edifier R1855DB is available for 13.5k on Flipkart right now.
Meets all your criteria. I didn't like them but you might.
Yesterday the Flipkart price rose to 16.9k :(

How is this site? I have almost decided to buy R2850db but it is out of stock everywhere except TheRevolverClub and TataCliq. I am currently in a small town on the outskirts of Patna (Bihar) and damages while shipping is one of my main concerns. I have never purchased from any of the above websites. Where do you think I should buy it from? Thanks.

Last edited:
Yesterday the Flipkart price rose to 16.9k
There was a sale from 3-5th Jun hence the price was lower.

There is a upcoming sale from 10th June I think they will reduce the price again. May be you can also get a card discount.

Also check in chroma website. These speakers are priced better in chroma sometimes

There was a sale from 3-5th Jun hence the price was lower.

There is a upcoming sale from 10th June I think they will reduce the price again. May be you can also get a card discount.

Also check in chroma website. These speakers are priced better in chroma sometimes
Ohh okay, thanks. I currently am looking to buy R2850DB, they are out of stock almost everywhere. Do you have any idea about how often they are restocked?

Yesterday the Flipkart price rose to 16.9k :(

How is this site? I have almost decided to buy R2850db but it is out of stock everywhere except TheRevolverClub and TataCliq. I am currently in a small town on the outskirts of Patna (Bihar) and damages while shipping is one of my main concerns. I have never purchased from any of the above websites. Where do you think I should buy it from? Thanks.

tata cliq is cheaper so go with that. revolver club is also a legit site

tata cliq is cheaper so go with that. revolver club is also a legit site
What about their return policy just in case it comes damages. A lot of things get damages in transit as this is a very small town in Bihar.

I was thinking that even though Revolver Club is ₹1000 costly, I can ask them to add some extra foam packaging on the outside of Edifier Box. But in case it gets damaged during shipping, I think my chance of getting a refund is better with TataCliq.

I would trust the worst and most greedy shopkeeper in Shivaji Nagara (Bangalore) more than Flipkart. Their support has gone to dogs. If the product is good, you are lucky. If you get defective piece, they wont do anything at all and just delay to pass that 7 day return window and then ask you to go for RMA.

I just ordered 1855DB on Amazon. Getting it for 14.3k. Unit will be delivered tomorrow. Cannot find the T5 in stock. Will buy it later once I hear them without sub (not really a bass fan).

I just ordered 1855DB on Amazon. Getting it for 14.3k. Unit will be delivered tomorrow. Cannot find the T5 in stock. Will buy it later once I hear them without sub (not really a bass fan).
Congratulations on your purchase. 1855DB has enough bass in them. Happy listening.

PS: 1855DB are available for 13.5k on Flipkart RN.

Congratulations on your purchase. 1855DB has enough bass in them. Happy listening.

PS: 1855DB are available for 13.5k on Flipkart RN.
Thank you :)

I would rather pay 1k extra on Amazon and have peace of mind that when there is issue, I get proper support (damage or defective product received). Given how bad Flipkart support is, when something goes wrong, I am not going to buy anything there.

Bass response only goes to 60Hz

The 1700BTS gets to 52hz and has BT

I like the S350DB, which gets down to 40Hz. Have to add a BT receiver.
1855DB has BT 5.

And yeah, these are not meant for bass lovers. For better bass, we can purchase a sub and connect using sub out port.

S350DB has Bluetooth 4.1. Doubt if this will have any effect.

Back