CPU/Mobo Boot issue with asus m4a88tdv-evo usb 3 again?

i bought this mobo 6 months ago, had to rma it cause of boot issues, after sending it i went to college
now upon returning i checked it, issue is the same, fan runs, LED glows, no display, neither any beep
i used generic hp 2gb cl9 ram (then and now), could that be the issue?

it worked for 2-3 days back then,even ran it overclocked for couple of benches, so i can say psu is good (vx450)
my card is 5850
proccy is 1090t

any ideas what other issue might be?

i am about to order xms3, from the "qualified memory list"

dude oc'ing a 1090t with a 5850 on a vx450 is not advisable.. minimum requirement for a 5850 is a 500w supply..

1.what exact boot issues did you face earlier?

2.did they actually give you a new piece?

3.check all connectors and RAM most importantly

1) no display, fan used to spin, no beep (so i believe no POST)

2) no, an old one (but theitwares guy said it has stickers above ram slots.....so its "like new",phew)

3) checked ram properly, but what other connectors shall i check? power supply connections are all good

ok i ordered a new xms3, still no luck

there's one thing, its not in any case at the moment

is it possible that there;s a short, due to which it is not booting?

it lies on a cardboard

From what you are saying its possible that the problem is not in the mobo at all, earlier also u were facing the same problem, now again you are facing the exact same thing.

Now that you have tried changing everything other than the CPU and PSU try changing them, See if u can find someone from here, TE who lives near u and has a same socket processor or try and take it to a Computer shop which can change the processor and check, if not then send all 3 mobo , proc n Ram, we will get it checked and let u know.

It is possible u may have blown the Processor or PSU while Overclocking

PS.- Mobo when replaced from Rashi had display and there it was working fine, we only accept Mobo RMA's from any service center after checking the Display.

Draglord, did your issue get resolved, i had the same Freaking problem, did everything, no luck, 3 days back, i just changed the thermal paste and reinstalled the cpu cooler (in my case CM hyper 212 plus) , and magic, eveything works kikass now
<
..... btw i have the same motherboard and the problem had arised just after installing Corsair Vengeance (4gb ram stick) with Corsair XMS3 4 gb kit ....... gave me loads of BSOD's and mem ok button made life miserable, anyhow, i explained in detail here ......

Back