CPU/Mobo boot issues with Asus M4A88Td-V EVO

i bought this mobo 3-4 days ago and i have been experiencing some boot issues with it
my setup--
amd 1090t @stock
asus m4a88td-v evo usb3
corsair ddr3 1333 (4x1gb) value + generic 2gb 1333
corsair vx450
ati 5850

what happens when i power up my system is, the green LED glows and cpu fan starts spinning, and monitor says --- no display detected

and after i fumble around with it for 20-30 min,it boots, sometimes in only a single attempt, sometimes not even after 1 hour of trying, and with the same setup, even with the generic ram

some facts -- my corsair memory is not in the official qualified vendors list
i havent put the setup in the case yet

what i have tried --
1) tried single stick of ram (without generic one)
2) tried removing the video card
3) cleared the CMOS
any suggestions?

no beeps, the speaker however, is not connected at the moment, but i have checked it already

@ameet148 -- monitor works fine, with my other system, and when it boots up sometimes

do i have to RMA it?

Am not talking about monitor.Am talking about the cable that runs from your IO plate to the back of your monitor.Check if the pins on that cable are not bent.And in case of internal cable damage,try another cable(should be same as DVI-I or D or dual or single or whatever) from your friend or the other system you have.

Are you getting the 'no input detected' (I assume the message is similar to this rather than 'no display detected' on what is actually the display) with the system switched off and the cable connected? Even a video card on its own should properly blank the display for VGA and DVI inputs - regardless of whether it is in its slot or not. If it doesn't the cable or the monitor is at fault.

Does the monitor work properly with other PCs or sources?

I had the same problem with this board, green light on fan spins but no display, got the board replaced for a new piece which is working fine.

There is a red led next to the ram , this blinks twice or thrice on bootup, does that happen for you ? on the defective board the light never came on

thanks for your replies

iamddevil said:
See if anythings shorting out the motherboard.

Try running the system outside the case.

its already outside the case
nish_pinto said:
Check if your Cpu has been installed correctly. Check if the CPU cooler is properly in contact with the chip.
asingh said:
Try to re-dock the CPU and HSF.

will do it, but currently i am working on the same PC and the temp are fine, but still, to be sure, i'l do it
cranky said:
Are you getting the 'no input detected' (I assume the message is similar to this rather than 'no display detected' on what is actually the display) with the system switched off and the cable connected? Even a video card on its own should properly blank the display for VGA and DVI inputs - regardless of whether it is in its slot or not. If it doesn't the cable or the monitor is at fault.

Does the monitor work properly with other PCs or sources?
yes, the monitor works with other system and also working on current system (when it boots up)

bottle said:
I had the same problem with this board, green light on fan spins but no display, got the board replaced for a new piece which is working fine.

There is a red led next to the ram , this blinks twice or thrice on bootup, does that happen for you ? on the defective board the light never came on
yes, there is a RED LED that blinks on boot (the MemOK light), but when the system doesnt boot(when the fan spins only), the light does not glow

shall i replace it too?

If other trouble shooting doesn't work , ask the shop keeper if you can test the processor on another new board and do a 1-1 replacement.

ISHROCZ_14 said:
R.I.P (your system) :p itwares lol

btw .. beeps as in from mobo !! not external speakers !!
yes i know not from external speakers, and as i have already said i have tried that, no beeps

itwares lol

did i do something wrong?

i was searching over the internet and i found something

this was a statement from a guy from tomshardware

I have this combination (Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 + Phenom 965) , but you must choose a recomanded RAM, becouse I faile to boot sometimes when I use RAM Corsair CMX3X2G1333C9 2X2G, but noprblem with Gskill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQCAS Latency: 9-9-9-24-2NCapacity: 6GB(2GBx3)Speed: DDR3-1600 (PC3 12800)Test Voltage: 1.5 Volts .

Source

the ram which i have (value select) is not on the official memory list of this motherboard, and that guy tried with xms3, but in vain, as soon as he switched to gskill (the model in the list) his problem was solved

so do you think i should change my RAM?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any suggestions guys?

shall i go with gskill and sell my current value select?

Back