CPU/Mobo boot issues with Asus M4A88Td-V EVO

^^ dunno about being too strict about recommended rams,coz i have my M4A785 running on some cheapo ddr3...

Just try the combinations of the ram slots + the 2 diff rams u have...i mean slot 1 with old ram, then slot 1 with newer ram if u havent done so far

Keep in mind the voltage is 1.5v

If possible get ur sticks verified on a friends system.

If all fails u know u got a dud

i have put my ram on sale, will try the gskill (one in official list) and even if it doesnt solve the problem, rma it

there's one thing though

there is a red led near memok switch (for the ram) and same motherboard owners say it always glows when it boots, but in my case, it never glows initially, and when i try to boot it for sometime, whenever it glows, it boots

might this be an issue of motherboard?

and g80_gts,i tried all possible combinations of ram, with and without the generic one, no luck

also, ameet148 asked me to test it with a new psu, i did that, same problem

According to ASUS, the ASUS MemOK! helps you solve the boot failure caused by memory incompatability. When the incompatability occurs, the DRAM_LED lights up. Press and hold the MemOK! switch until the DRAM_LED starts blinking and begins memory compatability tuning. When the tuning is completed, the LED turns off and the system reboots automatically.

so it shouldn't blink if the tunings are not complete....

whenever i press it, it blinks and keeps blinking forever(at least for 1 hour, it was still blinking after that)

and normally,if i dont press memok button, the led doesnt blink at all, and DOESNT glow, just remains off

Back