Borderlands 2 -Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
YEA BABY! :eek:hyeah:

Sure we all thought it was coming after Borderlands became a smash hit, but Borderlands 2 was outed today by Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software. Rumors have been circulating for sometime to the denial of Gearbox employees, but today in an interview with vg247 the CEO outed the sequel ending his interview with the online publication with " I'm sure Duke will have some demands of me and I've gotta work on Borderlands 2, right? this comes after the CEO labeled Borderlands 2 a "no-brainer" when speaking with VG247 in the past.

As recently as last month Gearbox employees were denying rumors and claims that Borderlands 2 was on the way. Though it shouldn't be much of a surprise considering that across the various platforms the game sold on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 it sold very well at over 3 million copies.

Source: Borderlands 2 Officially Announced by Gearbox CEO | Attack of the Fanboy

pavasedge said:
AWesome:) First one is one of my favorites .Hope they make it even bigger this time.Gearbox we want 100 hours of playthrough.

Indeed they should. This game has been a huge journey for us and time well invested in. Even the DLC's were fun, except Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.

Yipeeeeee, it was the first ever MP game I ever played, those were some of the most amazing nights

Besides we have so many games coming out this year of the same Genre like BULLETSTORM,RAGE & BRINK, its gonna be a gr8 year

Sent frm my Rooted MOTOROLA DEFY

Aman27deep said:
The first was very good except it got a little repetitive in the middle, hope they can fix that then this'll be just awesome :D
+1.

also the enemies later just had a cosmetic change and size, health and damage boost. otherwise they were all the same.

Saving grace for the original was its core gameplay ( and gameplay it was :D ) and its awesome artstyle.

BUT still this time i want better enemies with different minds.

pavasedge said:
Pitchford did earlier mention that the game was never in development.

Pitchford said:
'I'm a little surprised [Destructoid] didn't bother to try and e-mail myself or our folks before extrapolating that NeoGAF post even further,' added Pitcford. '[Destructoid] even referenced Borderlands 2? What's Borderlands 2? Bah! And El Oh El!'

Gearbox dismisses Borderlands 2 rumours | bit-gamer.net

comp@ddict said:
Never liked borderlands..
Why? :( I think you might have not given it a chance, plus its not a game you wanna play alone, its one of those games which is the most fun playing co-op with others.

Aman27deep said:
Why? :( I think you might have not given it a chance, plus its not a game you wanna play alone, its one of those games which is the most fun playing co-op with others.
ya exactly it is insane fun ...the duels and arena matches you can have...with the outta this world guns ...it all just adds up to become a superb game...but anyways he can now give borderlands two a try...Am sure Borderlands 2 wouldn't require anything to be remembered from it's prequel...except maybe the vault!

Told you I'll be back b**ches!

Borderlands 2 Confirmed, See it at PAX

Following a report yesterday that Borderlands 2 was in development at Gearbox, the game has been confirmed just a day later.

The Borderlands sequel is coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC during Take-Two's fiscal 2013; in other words, it'll be out sometime between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013. The press release boasts it will contain new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons, and equipment.

While it may still be as much as a year-and-a-half away from release, fans will get a chance to see it for themselves quite soon -- Gearbox is bringing the game to both GamesCom and PAX Prime later this month.

Additional details will also be released by way of a Game Informer cover story, hence the image above, which shows that the cel-shaded art style of the first game isn't going anywhere. According to a tease on the GI website, the mission system is getting an overhaul so that it can better tell the game's story.

Source: Borderlands 2 Confirmed, See it at PAX

Official Website is up too: Borderlands 2 Official Website

First Artwork:

sepcoverblspreadl.jpg

Mods can you re-name this thread to Boderlands 2 Discussion thread. :D

Back