Audio Bought Logitech Z506 .. problem,,

I think your On-board Realtek 7.1 audio should support a 5.1 speaker set. There should be some setting that you might have to change around to get it working.

Have you tried the below:
- Changed the default windows speaker setting to 5.1. Confirm that all the speakers are producing proper sound in the speaker test as well.
- Use AC3 codec and set it to decode the DTS track into 5.1
- Use Media Player Classic Home Cinema or Windows Media Player to call AC3 codec when playing movies.

@Gannu,
correct me if i am wrong, but if the onboard audio is not capable enough, wont a Creative Audigy solve the issue? I had tried long back with my friend's PC and a Creative 5.1 Speaker set. It worked just fine with the card worth hardly 900 bucks :) Whats the need to go for this decoder from dealextreme?

@Gannu... kindly reply to the above questn..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

in my realtek HD audio manager.. its set as 5. audio.. system..but .. one rear speaker voicew is pretty low whereas the others speakers sound is ok.. good.. .. so is it a problm with the rear speakers itself?

@Gannu,

correct me if i am wrong, but if the onboard audio is not capable enough, wont a Creative Audigy solve the issue? I had tried long back with my friend's PC and a Creative 5.1 Speaker set. It worked just fine with the card worth hardly 900 bucks Whats the need to go for this decoder from dealextreme?

I had a Creative Inspire 5200 earlier backed by a Audigy. It was the same as in OP's case. Never got the surround enabled except for the debilitated voices from the rear satellites.

@Gannu... kindly reply to the above questn..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

in my realtek HD audio manager.. its set as 5. audio.. system..but .. one rear speaker voicew is pretty low whereas the others speakers sound is ok.. good.. .. so is it a problm with the rear speakers itself?

The Answer is here

^^ The video file may have a 5.1 dolby digital track, but there must be something in between to decode the dolby digital signal into analog 5.1 required by your speakers.

i mean to say.. in the realtek HD audio manager software setup.. there is provision for checkin sound of the speakers by clicking on each speaker.. all speakers sound ok.. but rear speaker sound very low....

Common issue with ALC 888/onboard chip, either get external DTS decoder or sound card capable to decode AC3 to 5.1 analog.

Try this for little improvement---Realtek Control Panel > Sounds > Playback > Speakers > Properties > Enhancements > Speaker Fill > Apply Make sure to up vol sliders.

already done.. very little improvement.. so finally. .tell me . .is there any sound card which will do the trick for me.. or will i have to buy the hardware decoder.. as told earlier..

terminater said:
already done.. very little improvement.. so finally. .tell me . .is there any sound card which will do the trick for me.. or will i have to buy the hardware decoder.. as told earlier..

did you try what i mentioned?

ggt said:
8jP89.jpg

check the image here

in inputs connect an RCA connector to stereo inputs

Buddy, I would suggest get a spare sound card from a friend or a fellow TE member in ur area. If it works well and good. If not go for the decoder as gannu suggested :)

Back