Audio Brainwavz M1 or VSonic GR-02 BE

@krisballa

Use one size larger tip so it will fit on GR06/GR02.

I myself use one size larger tip on my EPH-100 to get it fit otherwise it keeps getting out of the ear in a minute or two. By using 1 size large tip it never comes out of the ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does depend lot on personal taste,UE and M2 have totally difference style so it's difficult to compare.Though you're lucky to have heard UE;)
Better is a fickle term mate, I think esanthosh has drilled it into us.

You might like the M2 I might detest them, heck I had a chance to hear Fah33m's personal set of re-wired Ultimate Ears and guess what I did not like it as much as the BRAINWAVZ M2. So a lot depends on your exposure and tastes. Cheerio!

Better is a fickle term mate, I think esanthosh has drilled it into us.

You might like the M2 I might detest them, heck I had a chance to hear Fah33m's personal set of re-wired Ultimate Ears and guess what I did not like it as much as the BRAINWAVZ M2. So a lot depends on your exposure and tastes. Cheerio!
Yes agreed better is a fickle term in audio , but then to elaborate i will need to say it has better highs , lows etc which is good to say when i am posting impressions of a IEM but while just using it for general comparision i would say its justified .
As krisballa said all we have to do is depend on reviews over here , and get 1 which is best for budget.
I personally feel the Tips have a lot to do with the SQ we get , i was using Foam tips with my RE-262 and found RE-262 to not have that wide soundstage which Faheem had described in his thread, although i got a good fit from the Foam tips . Then i tried a bi-flange tip , the bass was reduced slightly but the soundstage and detailing of the vocals,instruments all changed towards the positive

Advance warning: Long general rant ahead...

Just like speakers and the room, there are a few aspects to an IEM's sound and the interaction with the ear.

First - your ear itself. Can't change it. Hearing once lost cannot be restored. Shape of the canal allow a few to deeply insert IEMs while a few cannot as Anaxilus found out with purrin and DBA-02 (round peg in a square hole). Our ears exhibit higher sensitivity at certain frequencies. It's also not abnormal to have differently shaped ears and even in some cases, different dBs of hearing in L and R. So, the key is to know more about yourself.

Second - The tip used. The tips are the passage from the 'speakers' to the ear. So, different shapes of tips, their length, nozzle size, bore size and material all affect the final perceived SQ.

Third - is a combination of the two - the fit, the angle and depth of insertion possible. The interaction, in short.

Fourth - is the audio supply chain - the quality of source, distortion, recording, the loudness level you listen at, isolation, noise in the surrounding and so on.

Fifth and not often discussed - psychology and emotion. Our mood can play a big role without many of us realizing it. Placebo can be very influential. Our audio memory is often a blend of both sound quality and the satisfaction we derive out of it.

For instance, I still fondly remember the old Turntable in our home (restoring it will be a project sometime in the future). I still do not know if it's because it's just nostalgic or I was least demanding at that time and just listening to music or it was really that good. About 3 years and a few '0000s in this hobby, I have still not derived the satisfaction I used to get when I was young. Is it because of SQ or have I become that demanding with SQ? Even if I restore the TT, I do not have the old speakers that I listened them with, so guess I will never know.

When it comes to a review, one is not concerned about enjoying. It's always about comparisons. SPL match, run test tracks, do short A:B, do long A:B, X > Y in this and that, Y > X in that and this, rinse, repeat until you are ready to put that into words confidently. It's advantageous in one fact. When you do a direct A:B (same source, track, volume matched), you do not let your emotions come in the way (Even recently, I thought SHE3570 > ES18 before the comparison). On the other, it gets tiresome after a while as the process takes a bite of you. Secondly, not everybody is going to hear it the same way (all factors described above + music + signature preferences). That is why I am lucky to have ljokerl who likes certain aspects of sound which are important to me the same as me and dislikes a few things the same as me. It's not the 'same' all the way - no way, but I can safely bet that if he personally loves a certain IEM, I am least likely to hate it and if he warns me about buying a certain IEM and I still go ahead and buy it, I will be disappointed. I have experienced both. The key to reading a review is always knowing what 'overlaps' you have with the reviewer's own preferences. It's not always one reviewer, but I look for certain descriptions from certain individuals. I also know where not to look where the reviewer and I do not see eye to eye in sound descriptions for more than a couple of IEMs. All this took me a silent couple of years of reading in head-fi coupled with lot of buying. It need not even be a reviewer, sometimes people may not be familiar with audio jargon, but we can find their picks to be right for our ears. So, however you cut it, I think a lot of homework is required on our part too!

Just my usual 500+ word cent :)

@esanthosh Sire, you are the best because of these rants. And in my opinion I share what happens when a person starts critically analysing any product in their lives.

Keep writing. =]

Sorry to dig up old thread but not in mood to create newer one again.

So I m still IEM-less and GR02 BE are out of stock at hifinage. Any other reliable source or any other alternative for them ?

Do suggest.

Do post your impressions when compared to M1 :)

Sure though I dunn have M1 ATM but I will post my views. Have purchased many items this Diwali HP MU06 laptop battery, Transcend 2.5" sata HDD Casing, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB and now VSonic GR02 BE :bigok:

Got'em
Awesome packaging from HiFiNage. Bluedart also sucked by showing status Flight/Train Delayed/Cancelled till time it delivered the parcel.

IEM impressions:-

These are just very first ones played only for 15-20 mins and few songs

Source - iPad 1st Gen

Songs Tried: Dance of Death, Amplifier, Numb, Swades - Title Track, Ahista Ahista - Bachna Ae Hasseno

Bass - as name suggests its really bass-y IEMs but Bass is controlled though it cracked couple of times. Audio quality is good almost like M1 but these phones lacks some clarity. I mean at times they gets bit muddy and blurred kind off. Sound-Stage is normal. They are definitely better than TF Twinwoofers - my previous IEMs. As of now I m still missing my M1s but I guess this pair might be requiring some burn-in time so will do that and will post views again.

PS: I m not an audiophile from any angle except just i own couple of good pairs of IEMs :p

Fifth and not often discussed - psychology and emotion. Our mood can play a big role without many of us realizing it. Placebo can be very influential. Our audio memory is often a blend of both sound quality and the satisfaction we derive out of it.

imo that is easily the most significant factor when it comes to enjoying music and doesn't deserve to be called a placebo.

imo that is easily the most significant factor when it comes to enjoying music and doesn't deserve to be called a placebo.

Nor is combining two sentences and deriving a new meaning ;)

I was talking about the impact of mood and placebo as separate effects. I am just a bit dyslexic when it comes to arranging sentences in the logical order.

@vyral_143
Regardless which high end IEM you buy , it takes some time getting used to its signature :) , i had found no difference initiailly betwen a Nuforce NE-7M and a EP630 , when i tried listening to both after 6 months after buying i was saying to myself was i high when i had made the no difference stmt initially .

@fLUX exactly same. IMO during burn in time 2 things happen simultaneously, hardware of IEM might be getting better and our ears are getting inclining towards it. :)

Back