Brand new xfx gtx 280

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntu123

Disciple
hi all.......selling my brand new gtx 280 which i recieved it today after RMAing my GTX 260...i cannot check this card in my system due to power requiremnts..:ashamed:...

warranty- 2 year 10 months....dont know if i should get full 3 years:S

reason for selling- i have 17" monitor...no use of using a mighty gtx 280 and also need some hard cash:p

regards...
gallery- ImageShack Gallery

I have the original bill of gtx 260 which i bought it frm sp road (bangalore..) i have the rma recipt...the model no. is gx-280N-zd........part no. gx-280N-zdf9

Newegg.com - XFX GX280NZDF9 GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Brand XFX

Model GX280NZDF9

Interface PCI Express 2.0 x16

Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA

GPU GeForce GTX 280

Core Clock 602 MHz

Stream Processors 240 Processor Cores

Memory Clock 2210MHz

Memory Size 1GB

Memory Interface 512-bit

Memory Type GDDR3

Man ... this item very old basic model and only remained stock (that's why u got it after RMAing) ..... many disadvantages like OpenGL 2.1 only ... 48.2 Billion/Sec Texture Fill Rate and ... need to overclock manully while even GTX260/275 OC can perform better

considering all these at 14.2k ... not a chance ... get price down dude

settle it around 10k then it's a good deal

Plz don't get it wrong but all new cards supports OpenGL 3.0 and build with higher density fabrication process so tend to run cooler :)

PM me if u r interested

@kekerode
ALL versions of Geforce GTX and even Geforce 9 series cards have Identical support for OpenGL and DirectX.This support depends on the driver version and NOT on the card.The site says OpenGL 2.1 because that is all that was supported by drivers at that time and the site has not been updated since.
And on what basis is 48.2 Gtexels/sec a disadvantage ?
This is the standard fillrate of all GTX280 cards.
Newer cards may run a bit cooler but they do not provide a serious overclocking advantage.

Hi abhineetnazi ... 48.2 Gtexels/sec is not disadvantage but in same price OCed GTX275/260 can give higher fill rate.
And for OpenGL 2.1 ... it's h/w based support just like DirectX10.0 h/w support ... it has nothing to do with drivers
If this is not the case then why not just update drivers and give DirectX 11 support on this card ... why Nvidia and ATI wasting their time in h/w

I m just saying that this card if u can find in market then should cost around 12-13.5k and here it's for 14.5k :eek:hyeah:

abhineetnazi said:
@kekerode
ALL versions of Geforce GTX and even Geforce 9 series cards have Identical support for OpenGL and DirectX.This support depends on the driver version and NOT on the card.The site says OpenGL 2.1 because that is all that was supported by drivers at that time and the site has not been updated since.
And on what basis is 48.2 Gtexels/sec a disadvantage ?
This is the standard fillrate of all GTX280 cards.
Newer cards may run a bit cooler but they do not provide a serious overclocking advantage.

kekerode said:
Hi abhineetnazi ... 48.2 Gtexels/sec is not disadvantage but in same price OCed GTX275/260 can give higher fill rate.
And for OpenGL 2.1 ... it's h/w based support just like DirectX10.0 h/w support ... it has nothing to do with drivers
If this is not the case then why not just update drivers and give DirectX 11 support on this card ... why Nvidia and ATI wasting their time in h/w

I m just saying that this card if u can find in market then should cost around 12-13.5k and here it's for 14.5k :eek:hyeah:

Post reported........

Stop posting incorrect information, go read about Open GL again....Card sold is as per prevalent market rates....If you prefer a GTX 275 then I guess no one is stopping you from buying........

Hi huntu123 ... would like to make deal but can't PM due to I already reached limit of 10 per 3600 mins :S

So plz give ur email contact

Slightly OT, but i suggest you keep all discussion on TE, as it would be easier to solve if any disputes occur.

If you had noticed a particular thread in the feedback section a while back, it turned into a nasty word exchange as the issue occured outside TE and no one knew how to go about the issue.

Cheers!

5) What NVIDIA hardware will support OpenGL 3.0 or OpenGL 3.1?

The new features in OpenGL 3.0 and OpenGL 3.1 require G80, or newer hardware. Thus OpenGL 3.0/3.1 is not supported on NV3x, NV4x nor G7x hardware. This means you need one of the following NVIDIA graphics accelerators to use OpenGL 3.0/3.1:
Desktop

Quadro FX 370, 570, 1700, 3700, 4600, 4700x2, 4800, 5600, 5800, Quadro VX200, Quadro CX
GeForce 8000 series or higher; Geforce G100, GT120, 130, GTS 150, Geforce GTS 250, GeForce GTX 260, 280, 285 and 295, any ION based products.
Notebook

Quadro FX 360M, 370M, 570M, 770M, 1600M, 1700M, 2700M, 3600M, 3700M
GeForce 8000 series or higher

NVIDIA OpenGL 3.0/3.1 Support

i want to discuss abt open GL... can we start a new thread :hap2:

plz check mail :) .... some how can u plz check card is working or not :huh: .... because in worse case if not working then it would be great tragedy for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back