Breaking news::Dayanidhi maran resigns...is it the end of 2009 free broadband???

i think he was giving too much freedom to the India public in terms of freedom of speech online ..:bleh:... they wouldnt like that now would they? lol.. buggers.

Well just got this shocking news...the pioneer of internet revolution in india has just resigned......

He was never that.

All we can do now is hope that someone who actually knows what the real definition of what broadband is to come on.

^^ Agree.MAybe it's time to appoint someone like Sam pitroda( the guy who brought in computer sin india under rajiv gandhi) as the next telecom minister.But i doubt that will ever happen.

tr balu should be the next man...
and the reason given on wikipedia seems to be the reason for resignaton...it was expected..
neways... lets see wat the mornin papers say...

you guys are just taken away by his dressing, he is not that good. He and his brother rules the entire media now in tamil nadu. They think that they can acheive anything with their tv network. He has done more good to himself than to this country. Even if you have got some X or Y, you would have got this broadband, it has got nothing to with him. Broadband was the need of the hour.
There is talk in Tamil Nadu that this fellows family is the second richest family in the entire Asia, this fellows family owns lot of real estate in TN.

magnet said:
the pioneer of internet revolution in india has just resigned......

Pioneer of internet revolution?

:rofl: :rofl:

What makes you think that? His dressing up style?

Good the bugger has gone. Not that the next one will be any better. But thats the sad story of Indian Politics and government

agree..pioneer wrong word from me,,,lol

but after devang mehta...he was the one atlest to bring alot of companies here.......i dont think others have done that..it was his decision for 2mbps speed..and thats why most of are atlest getting 512kbps on other networks....or else we all know the shitty condition about internet in our country......satyams sify net was called broadband....

just praying the next minister should be more good to public than him.....

@gmano..

yes i kinda agree wit u.. but tell me one minster who has held post in INDIA who hasnt helped himself...

and whic other minister from tn did so much for his own state.. bringin somany companies to tn. and sri perumbatur. nokia. motorola,siemens......and many more...

He was instrumental in bringing lotsa foreign companies into India..

i just hope we can get someone as good or better than him and not some stupid lazy-ass minister.

This comes as a relief, i was not for the free boradband thing at all.

As i was under the impression that it would kill the sector.

last mile unbundling, now that may be a better option.

yes maran was one of the best performing minister of upa govenment....
may cause delay in implementation of 2 mbps broadband connection...

thixkull said:
@gmano..

yes i kinda agree wit u.. but tell me one minster who has held post in INDIA who hasnt helped himself...

and whic other minister from tn did so much for his own state.. bringin somany companies to tn. and sri perumbatur. nokia. motorola,siemens......and many more...

Nokia and Motorola plans were even before maran, its not because of Maran.
There is no minister in India, who has not helped himself, but this guy has helped himself and his family way too much. They even tell that this guy has got a share in TATA SKY (forcibly).
IT developement in TN is not because of Maran, companies chose Chennai as their preferred destinaion for lot of reasons.

ya all minister are chot damn shelf...now we know pravin shooted pramod since he had 2100 crore property which his family denies......
but its said pramod son rahul....spends 70k on clubs and all from where does money comes.....

all are chor...

but yup maran was a performing minister......out of all atlest who improved broadband structure..or else what has reliance done in braodband(thats jus a background business to convert international call as locals ) ..even after being such a big name...same would had been the case with airtel and others.......

former minister for environment nd forests- A Raja from de DMK is gonna be the next guy in charge of telecom nd stuff... Karunanidhi has forwarded his name to de UPA....

de worst part is tht for all de shenangians that de CM's son is indulging in, maran has been made de fall guy...

Back