Breaking News: Firing in Colaba, Mumbai!! (26-11-2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
News channels reporting firing in Colaba, Mumbai. :O
Firing is still on as of now. :no:
Happening in front of Leopold Cafe/Restaurant.
Edit: that's the Colaba causeway area iirc.
Update: pics showed bullet holes in the glass front and pool of blood on the floor at one of the tables. :(
People are reported to be stuck in the crossfire.
Some maybe injured- no confirmed reports on this yet. :(
Heavy police bandobast in the area.
This is one crossfire that simply sucks. :mad:

Check you favourite news channel NOW. :(

Update: 27-11-2008
This is a far cry from what we originally imagined it to be.
Almost everyone knows what's happening but maybe not all realise the gravity of the situation. :'(

May God bless the sould of those departed and heal the injured and give strength to their families. :cry:

From a 'not an another shootout/blast' at 10:15pm last night to a nightmare by midnight and beyond.
Life maybe normal everywhere, with most in Mumbai too going about daily activities with gay abandon and some masala to discuss.
People have even flocked to the sensitive areas as if some bolly flick is being shot there instead of innocent people. :no:

But this, if a terrorist attack as reported, is a nightmare for India and Indians and i hope all realise that.

This is someone barging into my home and grabbing me by the b@ll$ and me being helpless. :(

What is needed now, be it from ordinary citizens or ministers or law enforcement agencies now is rekindling that diminished/lost love for one's 'motherland/adopted motherland/land of domicile', zero finger-pointing and all getting together in tackling this menace.
All the best to all of us. :)

^^^

thank god u didnt left for koylas

ohhh no !!!

Firing look place at four places just heard in aaj tak

one near marine drive oberoi hotel

Times now >

Very sketchy reports.

Reports of 3 differents incidents possible.
First one was the firng at Leopold's.

Also reports of,
Explosion at BMC HQ.
Firing inside CST/VT station.

:(

Update:
Reports of firing at 5 places in South Mumbai- Hotel Taj, Hotel Oberoi, Marine Drive, Cama Hospital, CST station, Colaba. :(
Firing still rages at CST station- 2 armed men firing indiscriminately- holed up in a local train compartment. :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaj Tak >

Other places reported.

Firing at Oberoi Hotel Marine Drive.

Blasts at 2 places in Marine Drive.

Use of AK-47s reported.

Reports coming in of firing/blast at Cama hospital.

No confirmed report if it's terrorists or gangwar in underworld or police encounter or what.

Just in Times now> 11:03pm.
Reports of blast at Santa Cruz domestic airport.:O
Edit: Vile Parle as per Aaj Tak.

11:17pm Aaj Tak > 2 blasts at Napean Sea road. :O

11:28pm Aaj tak > 7 or possibly 9 places reported attacked. use of grenades reported.

Quad Master said:
XT leaves close by , checking news now.
Spoke to him before posting this thread.
He is at Marine Drive with his father.
First time i didn't know exact location and asked him to not go home for sometime and he was like - don't worry, i am with dad and repeated that.
I was like- you guys bulletproof monks. :|
As i ended the call, news said Leopold's.
When i called again and told him that, he did sound worried, now.
Told him to do whatever he liked but try not to get killed. :|

Fingers crossed and praying for XT and everyone else in Mumbai. :(

Update: XT is back home- safe- one piece, no puncture marks. :eek:hyeah:

Dont know exact stuff....but the elite south bombay area has been targeted....

Now news(rumour cant confirm) coming of bomb at CST....along with firing at elite hotels in south mumbai like oberoi.....i just came from byculla area via train....trains were late and just came to know central rail is not on time or stopped(zee news under heading)...

sis friend was at taj...left at 8.30 and at sion saw commando guard at various place....

Firing at several places in South Mumbai

WTF..now Reports of Explosion in Santacruz domestic airport:O in Times now

EDIT:Firing still on inside VT station

Two persons armed with automatic weapons and hand grenades are reportedly holding up inside CST stations. Sounds of gunshots are still being heard. The station and premises has been evacuate and noone is allowed near its perimeter

I was driving at Worli seaface, maybe just a couple of minutes/seconds before the strike took place.I tell you, I haven't driven so fast in my life once my mom called up and told the news to me.

CSt station cordoned off as per times now....ppl even journalist not allowed to move there....traffic to that part stand still..

thanks god....

i was abt to go to cst to get food parcel

btw has XT reached home

Btw, while driving back I saw this suspicious person who stopped hes Maruti 800 at the Worli/Century Bazaar signal.He then proceeded to get out of hes car and take out an un-identifiable object from the back of hes car.He then drove off rashly, honking irrationally.He was dark skinned, almost African looking.

headlines today confirming it as a terrror atttack with two terrorists still inside oberoi hotel with heavy ammo

WTF...Just in Hand grenades throw from inside of oberoi hotel Check Star news:mad::mad: also Blast @ Vile parle

3 terrorist inside Oberoi hotel one each on 4,5,6th floor

breaking news

bomb blast at mazgaon(15 minutes bak) got calls frm relative have i reached safe

tv news::blast in taxi near fly over at vile parle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back