Bricked PSP

paroxy

Disciple
i bricked my TA082 PSP recently after having successfully downgraded to 1.5 FW and then upgrading to 3.02B Custom FW...now i need to get it fixed...

Ne suggestions....i m located in hyderabad....but that doesn't restrict to the heights im willing to go to get this repaired....so am all ears now....

Wow. I don't know much about flashing since I can't run homebrew, but I heard once the PSP is bricked, its extremely hard to bring it back.

May God have mercy on your soul, and brings a fellow TE member to help you unbrick your PSP.

somewhere on TE only i think i heard of a guy in mumbai who is famous for being the only person to repair i -pods and also heard that he repairs PSPs...

and after googling i found that changing some mobo\hardware which u get on e bay may get back u r PSP back to normal..

i hope googling helps ..u do check some other PSP dedicated sites..

best of luck ..

Firstly try accessingthe recovery menu (start the psp by holding the R key pressed.) If recovery is gone, then theres nothing much that u can do except import an Undiluted Platinum PSP mod chip for 100$. I hear that theres a long waitlist for that chip :p

^^ If he failed in between the flash that means his flash 0 is totally corrupted. If he had success doing that he should try the following:

1) Remove any umd, memory card on the psp. Remove the battery and reinsert it after 30 seconds.

2) Try to power on and hold down the R trigger.

See if it works or else it's pretty much a 10k paperweight.

OR get the platinum mod chip like smith suggested. It has a second flash onboard which might be be able to revive your bricked psp.

faheem_m said:
somewhere on TE only i think i heard of a guy in mumbai who is famous for being the only person to repair i -pods and also heard that he repairs PSPs...
and after googling i found that changing some mobo\hardware which u get on e bay may get back u r PSP back to normal..
i hope googling helps ..u do check some other PSP dedicated sites..
best of luck ..
yes .. that news came on TT first I think .. Techtree.com India > News > Gadgets > Want to Repair your iPod? Anyone? check it out paroxy

Blade_Runner said:
^^ If he failed in between the flash that means his flash 0 is totally corrupted. If he had success doing that he should try the following:
1) Remove any umd, memory card on the psp. Remove the battery and reinsert it after 30 seconds.
2) Try to power on and hold down the R trigger.
See if it works or else it's pretty much a 10k paperweight.

OR get the platinum mod chip like smith suggested. It has a second flash onboard which might be be able to revive your bricked psp.
I tried the power on holding R tigger but no luck....i got crater marks on my thumb and forefinger trying it after few hours.....so it seems and platinum mod chip is the only way out....i have not much hopes on that :(

paroxy said:
I tried the power on holding R tigger but no luck....i got crater marks on my thumb and forefinger trying it after few hours.....so it seems and platinum mod chip is the only way out....i have not much hopes on that :(
Hmm seems like the flash got corrupted before the firmware was installed. Bad luck mate.

i bricked my TA082 PSP recently after having successfully downgraded to 1.5 FW and then upgrading to 3.02B Custom FW...now i need to get it fixed...

whoa....you first managed to bring it own successfully to 1.50, and then managed to brick it during the 1.50-> 3.02

Howthe h$%l did you manage to do that ...

j/k, but seriously dude, give us more details on when and how did the bricking happen?

Params7 said:
Go away troll.

hehe the guy is a good friend of mine from college. i keep going at him all the time to buy a ds :p

superczar said:
whoa....you first managed to bring it own successfully to 1.50, and then managed to brick it during the 1.50-> 3.02
Howthe h$%l did you manage to do that ...
j/k, but seriously dude, give us more details on when and how did the bricking happen?

apparently, nothing was happening during the second flashing process, so he decided to restart the thing in between.

apparently, nothing was happening during the second flashing process, so he decided to restart the thing in between.

yeesh....sure-fire recipe for bricking any firmware startup based device...

if the recovery menu isn't accessible, it is truly, well, a brick now

unless there is some specialized repair shop that has the setup to directly hook to the EEPROm and rewrite the flash

Back