Broadband in Bangalore

venkiP4

Disciple
Hi guys,

Need help in choosing Bangalore ISP. I use it mainly for gaming and occasional downloading. I tried Airtel in my place and no ports available. which one should i go for BSNL/Reliance/Tata Indicom/Hathway.

Thanks
Venki

Well Sify is good only if your local cable provider has good infrastructure...otherwise you will always get gateway time out error...same case is with Hathway...if you apply for BSNL then it will at minimum 6 months to get a new connection...Reliance WiMax has no home plans...I am presently using Tata Indicom Wimax...and connection is pretty stable and in past 8 months...I faced down time once for 1hr... that's all...I would suggest go for TataIndicom WiMax...

Thnax Konquerror. I did enquiry in BSNL office and they said it will take max 2weeks to get new connection. Is BSNL good for low pings? and 256kbps plan is enough for gaming?

im using Flash 1.5mbps from Tataindicom wimax and pretty stable and i download data worth 25Gb in a single day(24 hrs) :) , sad they have FUP policies (105Gb), but i've never been billed extra ;) maybe im lucky or thier billing error

venkiP4 said:
Thnax Konquerror. I did enquiry in BSNL office and they said it will take max 2weeks to get new connection. Is BSNL good for low pings? and 256kbps plan is enough for gaming?

I am not sure about BSNL ping...but assuming it's DSL, the ping should be good...

Hey

I've been using tata indicom for over a year now. I game hard (WoW). And the pings are hopeless. Wireless in general has very bad pings. Try getting a wired connection. I'm stuck with the same problem with Airtel not being available at my place. Are there any other good wired ISPs in Bangalore? I'm in KR puram which is a ISP forasken place :(.

@Venki: What is your locality and what do you play online? For some games 256 might not be enough!

@mohankarthik, I have BSNL EvDO....before i used play MW and it used to be ok....got a break in between....but these days am not getting enough pings to play....so planning to go for another ISP....
Any idea about Reliance wireline connection?

ryanrulez4ever said:
im using Flash 1.5mbps from Tataindicom wimax and pretty stable and i download data worth 25Gb in a single day(24 hrs) :) , sad they have FUP policies (105Gb), but i've never been billed extra ;) maybe im lucky or thier billing error

Sorry for bumping old thread...just wanted to know cost of Flash 1.5mbps connection...would b shifting to bangalore this weekend....

Back