Broadband Suggestions ( Bangalore )

Onemufc

Skilled
Hi All ,

I am shifting to BTM , near the Mico Layout Police Station . Me and my friends have 2 laptops and 1 Ipod touch right now . Having WIFI is MUST . I am looking for following things:-

1. Good Modem ( 1k-2k) Budget .

2, Which ISP ?
Airtel , BSNL or Railwire or anyother .

Suggestions please !!

PS: Thread Name cannot be corrected . Mods ? Sorry for that !

Re: Broadbang Suggestions ( Bangalore )

Lol for your topic name bang a broad :p.
I think you can edit your topic yourself.
Edit your post , go advanced and change the topic.

If you're looking for unlimited BB then railwire and reliance wireline are your options. Need to check with their CC as these are not available in all buildings. Then, you have Airtel which has FUP, try to go for new plans as those have better [than before] FUP limits. No to BSNL.

So which one did you get?

I want to get a broadband connection in Kasturi nagar, Bangalore. Budget is upto 2k, plan must be of good speed and preferably without FUP..

Please suggest some good provider..

I got spectra.net . 899 For 512 day 1 MBPS night . Decent IMO.

Been only 1 downtime day in last 20 days and that was for hardly 2 hours .

Suppose to be FUPed at 60Gb but I think that does not apply !

Airtel has the best CC in BGLR, but they have FUP too. Railwire is available in few places and I don't think BTM is covered. Check your local cablewalas and Reliance plans.

Edit: Don't go for BSNL due to ultra-poor CC.

No Railwire in Mico layout.

BSNL, ACT & Hathway are second options.

Airtel rocks in broadband with awesome customer care. Call them & engineer comes in 1 hour. No downtime in last 1 year.

Has anybody tried YOU broadband in bangalore.they are offering pretty good plans for a cheap price. they are offering dual speed 12mbps-1mbps plans at 999/ monthe. 12 mbps till 25gb and unlimited 1mbps after that for 999 a month.

Spectra.net , Railwire, and YOU - none of them available here in kasturi nagar, bangalore :(

It has been about a month since I applied for an Airtel BB, but its not installed till now due to backend issues ! :mad:

I fail to understand how can you people say its the best!

akj_1989 said:
Spectra.net , Railwire, and YOU - none of them available here in kasturi nagar, bangalore :(

It has been about a month since I applied for an Airtel BB, but its not installed till now due to backend issues ! :mad:
I fail to understand how can you people say its the best!
Well, I Tried Airtel... They don't have a Line in my Area, Went to BSNL office. Applied for the Landline + BB and Got it in 7 days. Just speak with the guys nicely... Call them after a week with your Workorder number... The connection will be up in no time.

Lozil said:
Well, I Tried Airtel... They don't have a Line in my Area, Went to BSNL office. Applied for the Landline + BB and Got it in 7 days. Just speak with the guys nicely... Call them after a week with your Workorder number... The connection will be up in no time.

Thanks for the advice Lozil,

BTW, I have already applied for a BSNL connection too as I wanted two connections..

Its been 8 days, though they had promised to set it up in 6 days..Nobody picks up the call, At least there's an SMS from their side saying representative will come and install it "shortly"

Praks said:
No Railwire in Mico layout.

BSNL, ACT & Hathway are second options.

Airtel rocks in broadband with awesome customer care. Call them & engineer comes in 1 hour. No downtime in last 1 year.

yeah there is a reason for that...according to me I hate Airtel's guts....its like I am paying for customer service and not broadband...never ever go for airtel...they have the F user policy..

sumatrix said:
Has anybody tried YOU broadband in bangalore.they are offering pretty good plans for a cheap price. they are offering dual speed 12mbps-1mbps plans at 999/ monthe. 12 mbps till 25gb and unlimited 1mbps after that for 999 a month.

I have it at my office for 3 years or so - works great and their service was great too. Now got the 12mbps/380GB unlimited plan for home at 12K/year [taken for 3 months as then installation is free]. works great when it works but modem goes off line when there is a power failure. This never happens at my office, and they have been promising to rectify it within a week. FOR THE LAST 4 WEEKS. Apparently they are waiting for a new KEB connection.

I think the problem will get resolved, and have taken a 3 month connection as a trial.

Deepak

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

A Mr Sadeesh Kumar rang me up right now and has said that the required work is being done today, and will be finished by evening. If true, I am really happy. Also happy that they take the trouble to call back etc.

If it works like my office You Telecom connection, I have no hesitation in saying it is the best connection that I have used in Bangalore. I have used hathway, BSNL & Airtel

Back