BSNL Bandwith increased?

Anyone in Kolkata having problems connecting?My link light has become very irregular.Usually taking a minimum of 20 mins at least to show up..if at all it does.

For BSNL Babus it is back to business as usual in the slowmo
The TRAI really must act in favor of Millions of Indians and declare BROADBAND as min 2 Mbps. ( What we are getting is BSNL Narrowband )

Why don't they have any 1MBps UL plans? I'd willingly pay double of 1350 for a 1MBps UL plan. I don't dl much apart from HD rips (which technically takes the "much" out :p), but I sure could do with the speeds. And nowadays, with MS and other software majors shipping e-licenses, I need the speed+ bandwidth that much more.

did they restore 256kbps users to 512kbps again? I just saw a sudden increase in speed not to say it was crawling like anything couple of days back.

jampack said:
You can get BSNL Prepaid.
1200/- coupon gets you 2 weeks unlimited usage at speeds of 1mbps.

I suppose that's a 3G mobile connection you're talking about. Sounds good enough if I was using a PC/ lappy for most of my dls, but I need a connection that can be run through my router as I use a NAS for downloads and I have multiple clients on my home network.

Thanks for the info, though. I might go for something like that if I need high speeds for specific periods.

Naga said:
I suppose that's a 3G mobile connection you're talking about. Sounds good enough if I was using a PC/ lappy for most of my dls, but I need a connection that can be run through my router as I use a NAS for downloads and I have multiple clients on my home network.

Thanks for the info, though. I might go for something like that if I need high speeds for specific periods.

Actually I am talking about the broadband wireline connection.
BSNL has introduced prepaid version of Dataone as well. You will have to check if it is available in your area.

Hi BSNL user!!!
Are you guys still getting 512kbps? or Its just for one month (April) promotional offer.
I am subscriber of Airtel. I received a mail stating that ours is upgraded to 512kbps for free.
This is the case for you too... I mean this up-gradation is for all broadband subscribers (BSNL, Airtel, Tata, Reliance... etc) or its just only for Airtel???

^ So sad... I thought every ISP is offering this. When one mobile service provider initiates seconds pulse, everybody introducing it. But why this ain't happening with ISPs....

Hi

Just checked with Airtel Customer Care, Bangalore. Airtel is going to double the bandwidth of all existing n new customers very soon in Bangalore :)

Back