BSNL EVDO - Manual Configuration Guide

Dushie

Adept
I was able to read the ESN of my sim in the tata photon ec1261 by enabling the RUIM option, but other settings i am not able to read. There is a NAM option but while trying to unlock photon for reliance, i had overwritten nam entries. So i don't know what NAM it is showing now and its showing the same entiries with the sim removed and added so i guess getting other settings through this modem would not be possible. Atleast i got the ESN it is alphanumeric and 8 characters.

So current status : Updated
ESN : No( Yes got with my photon modem but it was resetting and was same for the modem only and not simcard)
SID: 65335 ( provided by plikmuny)
NID:14496 (provided by pilkmuny)

Pending : -

Primary Channel A :
Secondary Channel B :
PRL file

I have a colleague who has a reliance netconnect in office, will try to unlock the same and see if i can read more info out of it. The regular SPC 000000 is not working on that modem, so i need to figure out how to get the SPC code to unlock it. Bitpim did not work. Will try an alternative method today.

Still waiting for bluedart for delivery today.

Well, i just finished posting this and the doorbell rang. The bluedart guy walked in. I got my modem and battery shipped. :) finally the long wait is over and i got my first modem from US. Total time taken to get this over 2 weeks.

I am all excited now ...

@hayabusa_ryu after all the pms , I am writing it here
open diagnostic port in DFS
Unlock it with SPC or password
DFS NAM
MIN A and MIN D are your tele number with STD CODE
MCC 404 for India & MNC 00
PCH SCH A & B read from RUIM/ZTE or ask BSNL office
AOC A & D is always last digit of your mobile number
SCI DEFAULT generally 2 and 2A
CAI DEFAULT 6 & 0
MDN & PCS is your mobile number with STD code
NAME & BANNER as you wish
IMSI T leave it
HOME SID & NID from your RUIM/ZTE or ask BSNL
LOCK SID & NID 0 ,0
ACQ SID & LOCK SID BLANK
VOCODER All enabled or default
Home Page , Home Origin and Roam origin al V13K
PRL load from RUIM/ZTE

DATA
fill in mobilebnumber with STD code and @ whatever BSNL gives like in North India
username 011xxxxxx@AAAND.IN
password 011xxxxxx

Active config Rev A

Mobile IP
SIMPLE IP
Current user profile NAI 011xxxxxx@AAAND.IN
RMNAI 011xxxxxx@AAAND.IN
DMU PKOID 10

Read each TAB and write
and finally reset after all writes
DONT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IF NOT REQUIRED . LEAVE IT BLANKED OR DEFAULT IF NOT REQUIRED .Do this

REMOVE YOUR STEP 1 , I TOLD YOU IN PM ALSO

Last edited by a moderator:
Still the same thing happening, I cant connect to BSNL EVDO.
I find some differences between ZTE and New settings u just gave me.
ZTE AC8700 Sierra 598U(updated according to kuduku)
NAM
HomePage EVRC V13K
Home Origin EVRC V31K
Roam Origin EVRC V13K

DATA
PAP UID/Pass Blank/Blank 612xxxxxx7@aaand.in/612xxxxxx7
PPP UID/Pass 612xxxxxx7/612xxxxxx7 612xxxxxx7@aaand.in/612xxxxxx7
HDR AN 612xxxxxx7/612xxxxxx7 612xxxxxx7@aaand.in/612xxxxxx7
HDR AN LONG 612xxxxxx7/612xxxxxx7 612xxxxxx7@aaand.in/612xxxxxx7

Mobile IP
NAI blank 612xxxxxx7@aaand.in
RM NAI blank 612xxxxxx7@aaand.in
DM PKOID blank 10

- - - Updated - - -

Phew.. Just connected now using Sierra 598U EVDO, too much settings I changed. I'm really grateful to kuduku and all the guys who helped me in any ways. DownloadSpeed is awesome, ping is superb though upload speed is not that great, only around 30kBs only, RSSI is around -51. Sierra 598U is much better than the old AC 8700.
Sierra 598U.jpg

Sierra 598U Details.jpg

NOW RSSI is -49. I hope to reach -45 by using antenna when i find a suitable antenna connector in the local market. :)

hayabusa_ryu dont use antenna , it will increase echo and reduce speeds . Your signal strength is phenomenal , only @cisco_tech has these signal of anyone i know in India .
Right now my signal strength is -60dBm and download speed is continuously hovering above 300 Check the screenshot
speed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. No need of antenna. This is the best signal as mentioned by@kuduku
You can also check rssi by hovering your mouse pointer on signal bar.
Njoy ;-)

But I will give it a try and I tell u why. My RSSI with old ZTE device was -60 with -0.20 Ec/lo and still I didnt get good speeds. But after putting antenna RSSI decreases to -62 or -64 and Ec/lo between -0.30 or -0.50, yet download speed increases much. I live in ground floor so I dont have direct sight of tower. At present my RSSI is -45dBm.

RSS.jpg

Sierra 598U RSSI.jpg

Back