BSNL EVDO - Question about Sierra 595u and 598u...!!

I have tried a lot to know the signal strength of my AC2766 modem but unfortunately I didn't get any solution for it so bought 595U.
Previously, I was also getting max. of 1.5MBps d/w speed but after shifting the modem to other place, it increased and I noticed change in PN value.
So shift your modem to other place and your PN value changes automatically if you have more than 1 towers in your area/city whichever is reachable.[DOUBLEPOST=1420185671][/DOUBLEPOST]

The config is correct unless you are not been able to get signal or connect to internet.
Only thing to increase speed is prl file and antenna for your modem.
Bro in my room i have get 0. 25 Mbps... Only.... I have also done many jugaad as like you... I have connected modem with usb ext. Cable and put the modem outside of the room... Then adjust at appropriate place then i get this.... To adjust the modem i have to climb on wall again and again.... I think evdo bts is about 4-5 km away from my house....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420186826392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420186826392.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 259
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420186875879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420186875879.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 253
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420186839378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420186839378.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 245
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420186874543.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420186874543.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 280
Suraj bhai this application not work with zte ac 2766..... Give any other link to see signal strength and other things in 2766.... I hardly get 1. 35Mbps download and 0. 25 Mbps upload...

It will work, you need to select the correct port number for the modem. Open device manager from run and type devmgmt.MSC then look under ports. Look for Zte service port, then set the same port in axxetel software.
I have tried a lot to know the signal strength of my AC2766 modem but unfortunately I didn't get any solution for it so bought 595U.
Previously, I was also getting max. of 1.5MBps d/w speed but after shifting the modem to other place, it increased and I noticed change in PN value.
So shift your modem to other place and your PN value changes automatically if you have more than 1 towers in your area/city whichever is reachable.[DOUBLEPOST=1420185671][/DOUBLEPOST]

The config is correct unless you are not been able to get signal or connect to internet.
Only thing to increase speed is prl file and antenna for your modem.

Well, signals are same as i receive on my 2766, i can connect to the Internet though 598 on laptop and pc just fine(2766 connects with router as well but sierra 598 doesn't), also applied the prl from my ruim into 598. The only thing left to do is buy an external antenna for sierra.[DOUBLEPOST=1420209025][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited:
It will work, you need to select the correct port number for the modem. Open device manager from run and type devmgmt.MSC then look under ports. Look for Zte service port, then set the same port in axxetel software.

Well, signals are same as i receive on my 2766, i can connect to the Internet though 598 on laptop and pc just fine(2766 connects with router as well but sierra 598 doesn't), also applied the prl from my ruim into 598. The only thing left to do is buy an external antenna for sierra.
Thanks brother.... Now its working. Tell me how to get good speed at which dbm signal strength or other things.....

@Clarkdale44;i want to know do you get same Rx1 Rssi for AC2766 as well as Sierra 598U at same place.
Is Sierra has better signal reception as compare to AC2766 ?
I am getting aroung -60db at one place of my house.Is buying an external anteena really Worth it.

@Clarkdale44;i want to know do you get same Rx1 Rssi for AC2766 as well as Sierra 598U at same place.
Is Sierra has better signal reception as compare to AC2766 ?
I am getting aroung -60db at one place of my house.Is buying an external anteena really Worth it.

Well Rx1 Rssi values for both 2766 and 598u were almost same, i checked it on the same spot also on roof. Even if the modem moves slight a bit there is vast amount of drop in speed. This problem was with both modems. I am not sure whether to call it worthy or not just yet. Anyway i don't see the need for me buying an external antenna, i don't think there will be any improvement in speed, its just too much of a risk, antenna costs about 1k cheapest i found on ebay which looks like toy. The real antenna which i think would definitely improve my speed is patch antenna, those are installed on the rooftop facing the network tower which costs about 3 to 4k, i am certain and absolutely sure that my connection speed will improve with this sort of antenna but i just can't spend this much on an antenna. I have talked to many bsnl evdo users whom used to get 1x in at their home, but after installing patch antanna they are receiving full evdo signal with 2+ mbps constant speed. My signal values varies between 75-110 dbm. If yours is truly near around 60 dbm(you must be pretty close to the tower) then i am certain that 598u will definitely boost ur connection performance. I cannot say which is better at the moment, but sierra 598u has external antenna port that makes it above ac2766.

Last edited:
Well Rx1 Rssi values for both 2766 and 598u were almost same, i checked it on the same spot also on roof. Even if the modem moves slight a bit there is vast amount of drop in speed. This problem was with both modems. I am not sure whether to call it worthy or not just yet. Anyway i don't see the need for me buying an external antenna, i don't think there will be any improvement in speed, its just too much of a risk, antenna costs about 1k cheapest i found on ebay which looks like toy. The real antenna which i think would definitely improve my speed is patch antenna, those are installed on the rooftop facing the network tower which costs about 3 to 4k, i am certain and absolutely sure that my connection speed will improve with this sort of antenna but i just can't spend this much on an antenna. I have talked to many bsnl evdo users whom used to get 1x in at their home, but after installing patch antanna they are receiving full evdo signal with 2+ mbps constant speed. My signal values varies between 75-110 dbm. If yours is truly near around 60 dbm(you must be pretty close to the tower) then i am certain that 598u will definitely boost ur connection performance. I cannot say which is better at the moment, but sierra 598u has external antenna port that makes it above ac2766.
Patch antenna are given/issued free by BSNL . They have a huge dump of old equipment in their stores and if you decently ask they give also . Pigtail cost $4/5

Is Data Card Adapter and Patch anteena combination will work With Zte 2766 ??
I am using it with pigtail and patch antenna , works awesome
Data adapter link:-http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Data-Card-Adopter-Data-Card-Antenna-/271230461060

Is it worth spend on sprint 598 modem and patch antenna as well?? You decide , same speeds as 2766 as per users so ..........
Is the modem can unlocked and now works with bsnl ?? Its unlocked/easily and works with BSNL after configuration/ settings are fed into it
is NID and SID same for all location ?? No not same

Replied to you in bold

I am using pigtail but not what you linked . I dont remember it now but had posted in BSNL EVDO thread here

Yeah i saw ur images of patch antenna in the forum, i took ur advise and went to the HO of evdo in my city, they told me exactly what i expected. "Hum par nhi hai koi antenna".
Anyway i stopped doing these speed boost methods, i am way too tired of it and i think its a waste of time and effort. I have made myself clear that i won't be able to get better speed no matter what i do. So i am sticking with AC2766 and will sell sierra 598u.

Last edited:
Yeah i saw ur images of patch antenna in the forum, i took ur advise and went to the HO of evdo in my city, they told me exactly what i expected. "Hum par nhi hai koi antenna".
Anyway i stopped doing these speed boost methods, i am way too tired of it and i think its a waste of time and effort. I have made myself clear that i won't be able to get better speed no matter what i do. So i am sticking with AC2766 and will sell sierra 598u.
Go and ask for JTO CDMA hardware and request him . Tell him you were sent by BSNL office as you are getting bad signals . They then generally note your details and issue you an external patch antenna and its cable

Go and ask for JTO CDMA hardware and request him . Tell him you were sent by BSNL office as you are getting bad signals . They then generally note your details and issue you an external patch antenna and its cable

Thanks i appreciate ur advise, but i have had it with this thing.. No more. I have more things to worry about than this. I am able to browse the net and download at decent speeds. Also ac2766 is very good in terms of compatibility with ddwrt based router, it connects in just about 15 seconds without much hassle. Unfortunately my ac2766 doesn't has an antenna port so there is nothing i can do about that. While 598u doesn't connects with any router i attach it to. It only works in pc. Even if i had the antenna, i could only use it in 598u, but its Internet cannot be shared over wifi. Getting an antenna would be useless for me.

Thanks for the link, u see i have already tried all the methods, this one works but at the cost of running laptop all the time which i think is unnecessary and a waste of energy. It is a good and useful for establishing a temporary sharing of usb modem using laptop's built in wifi adapter while traveling, but not for me as i want a permanent solution. Sharing usb modem Internet through router is much more efficient and compact. . Anyway i am quite happy with my ac2766 + ddwrt router combination. So no need for such hassle method.

Back