BSNL is changing speeds?

spawn143

Disciple
I got an info tat frm my frnd tat
THE CHANGES OF BSNL PLAN FROM JAN 1 2008 IS

1.UNLIMITED PLAN THATS (900) WILL GET AROUND 512 KPBS SPEED

2.250 LIMITED PLAN WILL GET SPEED UPTO 4MBPS

3.500 LIMITED PLAN WILL GET SPEEDS FROM 4MBPS-8MBPS(ALL EXISTING AND NEW USERS)---MAY BE THEY WILL INCREASE THE DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD LIMIT

can anyone confirm whether this is true or not??

i had heard some speculations.. but not like the ones u hav..
but something good is in the pipeline surely it seems .. lets see. :)

For once Airtel wd really be caught napping ... :devil2:

^hope it does happen...then airtel wont have any choice but to change their schemes also...Doubt if many people would shift from airtel to bsnl considering how long you have to wait for a new connection...

Damn,it sucks to be a Mumbaikar in this matter! MTNLs plans are nowhere as good as BSNLs !! Even the existing plans of BSNL are way better than those offered by silly triband from MTNL!!

Pat said:
Damn,it sucks to be a Mumbaikar in this matter! MTNLs plans are nowhere as good as BSNLs !! Even the existing plans of BSNL are way better than those offered by silly triband from MTNL!!

but at least your NU starts at 00:00, in bsnl case it start at 200hrs:(

go guys get 2hr extra:(

i have bsnl at home and loved it when they moved to 2mbps :)
^^its still hard to competer with college where its 34mbps for me :D
check that out below

spawn143 said:
I got an info tat frm my frnd tat
can anyone confirm whether this is true or not??

There are rumors of these plans & more in broadband forums on the net... Though nothing is confirmed.. Its rumored to come in effect from Jan08.. But don't keep your hopes up unless we see it in daylight...:no: :no:

an ad in todays news paper, no Unlimited plan in this list :(

bsnlkb7.jpg

The ad in paper is for business plans,

plan 2000/12GB DATA LIMIT/SPEEDS FRM 256KTO 8M/(70PAISE/additional MB)
plan 4000/27GB /1MBPS-8MBPS/(50PAISE/ADDITIONAL MB)
PLAN 15000/125GB/2MBPS-8MBPS/(40PAISE/ADDITIONAL MB)

there is still room for good home plans :)

Well TRAI is pressuring state owned ISPs to offer atleast 1 MBPS minimum to all their customers.Don't know whether it's gonna happen though.

I hope this happens soon.

Meanwhile which is the best plan for downloading through bittorrent? I currently have BSNL 900 UL download plan where I am charged 990 with taxes. Is the NU 500 plan better than this when it comes to data per month?

^^ it may be so, at 2mbps, but there are billing issues with the plan...because the night UL usage gets billed at times.

^^ it may be so, at 2mbps, but there are billing issues with the plan...because the night UL usage gets billed at times.

Yea.. it happens some times.. i was billed Rs.5700 for Nov 07.. They considered my plan as Home250.. but mine was Home500.. i downloaded lots of content in Night Free.....

cybertragic said:
I hope this happens soon.
Meanwhile which is the best plan for downloading through bittorrent? I currently have BSNL 900 UL download plan where I am charged 990 with taxes. Is the NU 500 plan better than this when it comes to data per month?

Well...if you are d'loadin from good private trackers where u need to maintain atleast 1:1 ratio..then u shud consider switchin your ISP...coz BSNL which is ADSL gives 1/2 upload speeds....

In that case u might want to consider Airtel or Tata.

otherwise bsnl is real kool...

Back