BSNL modem problems

My modem (MT882) has been causing some problems since the last few days. I keep getting a very poor link speed and the modem conks off for a few hours if i power it off. Thats why ive been keeping it switched on all the time...

Who do i contact ? The local BSNL office only sends someone to check the phone lines and that hasn't made any difference.

Mine is 3.5 yrs old. I need someone who can check and make sure the modem is bad before i buy another one. Who do i contact in BSNL ?

preetmohit said:
get the modem replaced it its under warranty
i had similar problems within 1 month of buying it
just got it replaced!!!

i dont think anyone in bsnl wud repair that

u have to contact them and see wat they say and wat it all leads to

or u can contact our te member Amarbir

he is an expert in repairs

Here is what u can do...

Go over to the nearest BSNL office which wd cater to ur problem and locate the concerned person.

Just tell him u need a diff modem and use the alibi that u need to do a wi fi connection or whatever comes to ur mind.

Ensure that whatever time lapse is req by the modem to be alive again has lapsed before u reach the BSNL Office.

Switch the modem on in front of him or stick around with him in case he checks to see if its working. Make sure u dont switch it on a second time.

U can tell him that if the adapter is not a necessary replacement u r fine with the old one.

Just give him a working alibi and get ur modem exchanged to a higher one available by paying whatever is the designated sum of money they ll charge and get back home.

I know this cuz i seen this happening in front of me.

We all know BSNL CC is useless .. Make use of the situation. :)

if ur modem is on rent.then u dont have to buy a new one by ur own pocket...just go to the Broadband SDO in BSNL office with a writen application to change the modem with a wi fi modem.and u have to pay some extra money for that modem..near abt 400-500..thats it they will give u the replacment in few days..

Back