BSNL modem problems

adityamunshi

Adept
Feb 26, 2009
My modem (MT882) has been causing some problems since the last few days. I keep getting a very poor link speed and the modem conks off for a few hours if i power it off. Thats why ive been keeping it switched on all the time...

Who do i contact ? The local BSNL office only sends someone to check the phone lines and that hasn't made any difference.

MohitPreet

Skilled
Dec 17, 2008
get the modem replaced it its under warranty

i had similar problems within 1 month of buying it

just got it replaced!!!

adityamunshi

Adept
Feb 26, 2009
Mine is 3.5 yrs old. I need someone who can check and make sure the modem is bad before i buy another one. Who do i contact in BSNL ?

preetmohit said:
get the modem replaced it its under warranty
i had similar problems within 1 month of buying it
just got it replaced!!!

MohitPreet

Skilled
Dec 17, 2008
i dont think anyone in bsnl wud repair that

u have to contact them and see wat they say and wat it all leads to

or u can contact our te member Amarbir

he is an expert in repairs

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Here is what u can do...

Go over to the nearest BSNL office which wd cater to ur problem and locate the concerned person.

Just tell him u need a diff modem and use the alibi that u need to do a wi fi connection or whatever comes to ur mind.

Ensure that whatever time lapse is req by the modem to be alive again has lapsed before u reach the BSNL Office.

Switch the modem on in front of him or stick around with him in case he checks to see if its working. Make sure u dont switch it on a second time.

U can tell him that if the adapter is not a necessary replacement u r fine with the old one.

Just give him a working alibi and get ur modem exchanged to a higher one available by paying whatever is the designated sum of money they ll charge and get back home.

I know this cuz i seen this happening in front of me.

We all know BSNL CC is useless .. Make use of the situation. :)

harry_sood1

Disciple
May 4, 2008
if ur modem is on rent.then u dont have to buy a new one by ur own pocket...just go to the Broadband SDO in BSNL office with a writen application to change the modem with a wi fi modem.and u have to pay some extra money for that modem..near abt 400-500..thats it they will give u the replacment in few days..

Reactions: 1 person