BSNL sim working in Mumbai MTNL area ?

rajshah

Skilled
Will a BSNL sim bought outside proper Mumbai, say Dombivali, work alright in Mumbai ?
As far as I understand, it would auto switch to MTNL network in Mumbai, right ?
And NO Roaming charges too, right ?
Also, BSNL tariffs for data / calls would apply ?

I am confirming all this, as I am planning to get a BSNL sim for my usage and am based at Dadar / Sion.

Reasons -
Facetime on iPhone 4 works on BSNL. The activation part. But doesn't activate on MTNL.
I think it's got to do with MTNL not being able to send out the international sms for activating Facetime. But BSNL, surprisingly works just fine.
MTNL / BSNL 3G both work fine on the iPhone 4.

Also, I would be able to enjoy their 3G data plans while roaming.

Yes you will be switched to MTNL dolphin and for GPRS/EDGE/3G there wont be roaming charges. I have used BSNL Pune SIM in Mumbai.

rajshah said:
Will a BSNL sim bought outside proper Mumbai, say Dombivali, work alright in Mumbai ?

not sure you can get one from Dombivali/Kalyan, last I heard both mtnl and bsnl were fighting over who covers this region and hence no 3g sim provided by either of them.

Getting one sim from Dombivali today.

Any of you guys familiar with what amount/payments I should opt for ?

As in, the Sim Cost + First Recharge Coupon + First 3g data recharge to get the maximum benefits ?

Dear friends, I also want to purchase a BSNL gsm pre paid sim so that I can use Rs 500/- scheme (bsnl to bsnl landline or mobile is unlimited). My friend is in Pune and uses this to talk to his parents and girl friend in West Bengal at Rs 500/- @month.

Unfortunately, I stay near Navynagar in Colaba (South Mumbai) and I do not know where to get a BSNL sim from. Can any one please tell me if a sim bought from Pune would work here without roaming cost?

kolahalb said:
Unfortunately, I stay near Navynagar in Colaba (South Mumbai) and I do not know where to get a BSNL sim from. Can any one please tell me if a sim bought from Pune would work here without roaming cost?
2-3 kms from your place.. near churchgate station, central telegraph office, that's bsnl mumbai hq. you can get bsnl sim after submitting ur mumbai res proof.

Back