Budget 51-70k Budget 60-70K For Rendering and Gaming

Ei8t

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
60_80K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None Gave it to my Brother

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Speakers , Keyboard and Mouse

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

GPU - 7850

RAM - Gkill 8GB

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Final

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Lamington Road , Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

3D Modelling, Rendering
Gaming
Browsing
Download rig
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No Preferences but i am not impressed with the AMD FX series :(

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Sports - PES
FPS - MOH, COD, BF
Action TPS - Deus Ex HR, Batman AC, Sleeping Dogs

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1920×1080
Desktop - 1920×1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Core i5 3550-13.5k OR i7 3770-19.5k/ i7 2600-18k
Intel DH77-KC-7k
G.Skill RIPJAWSX 4GB x2 1600mhz-3.5k
AMD HD7870-23k OR wait till NVidia's GTX660Ti to release,You can get Sapphire HD7850-15.5k if you want but HD7870 performs better so it's your choice.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB-5.2k
Dell U2312HM-14.5k[E-IPS panel with great picture quality,better than TN panels]
Crucial M4 120GB-8k OR OCZ Vertex4 120GB-8.5k
Samsung optical drive-1k
Corsair Carbide 400R-5k OR Nzxt Temptest Evo-5.4k
Hope this helps.:)

Intel Core i5 3550-13.5k
A Core i7 3770 OR Core i7 2600 will be a better buy keeping the rendering factor in mind.

And for some reasons you are not mentioning an SMPS in the build. I would suggest a Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/- OR HX650W ~7000/- in this case.

I may have to skip the SSD as i am already going over budget :(

On PrimeABGB website, they are offering a combo of i7 3770K and Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H @30,450. Is the mobo good for overclocking?

I may have to skip the SSD as i am already going over budget :(

On PrimeABGB website, they are offering a combo of i7 3770K and Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H @30,450. Is the mobo good for overclocking?

The motherboard looks a little spartan in pictures but the reviews speak it as a decent motherboard, it is not going to blaze benchmarks but is sure does serve its purpose http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/gigabyte_z77mx_d3h_review,16.html / http://www.anandtech.com/show/5850/gigabyte-gaz77mxd3h-review-z77-and-microatx. As you are not going to over-clock I think a Core i7 2600 / 3770 [non-k] + H77 based motherboard will be apt for you.

Intel Core i7 2600 ~16500/- OR Core i7 3770 ~20000/-
Intel DH77-KC ~7500/-
[rest configuration as earlier]

Why i5 3570k wasn't suggested?Is it a gaming product?

A Core i5 processor is quad-core with 4 threads processing capability, the Core i7 processors have Hyper-Threading which comes in handy for heavy rendering processes. So theoretically the Core i7 processors are quad-cores but they work on 8-threads [HT advantage].

Also the 3570k sits very close to the older Core i7 in pricing and the latter wins-out in this case in my opinion.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

The motherboard looks a little spartan in pictures but the reviews speak it as a decent motherboard, it is not going to blaze benchmarks but is sure does serve its purpose GIGABYTE Z77MX-D3H Review - Conclusion / AnandTech - Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H Review ? Z77 and MicroATX. As you are not going to over-clock I think a Core i7 2600 / 3770 [non-k] + H77 based motherboard will be apt for you.

Intel Core i7 2600 ~16500/- OR Core i7 3770 ~20000/-
Intel DH77-KC ~7500/-
[rest configuration as earlier]

Ok thanks :). Should i go for a CM Hyper 212 Evo? Is it necessary as my CPU will be under stressed while rendering stuffs? And suggest me some good mouse pads under 1K?

Ok thanks :). Should i go for a CM Hyper 212 Evo? Is it necessary as my CPU will be under stressed while rendering stuffs? And suggest me some good mouse pads under 1K?

Buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO if the temperatures reported are under constant workloads crossing ~70° C. If they do, the cooler is necessitated.

I was planning to get an identical rig to the one suggested by Jakob. I thought of pairing the i5-3550 with a DH77KC as suggested, but In Hyderabad, the dealer did not have intel DH77-KC, what would be other Mobos that would go well with the i5-3550?

The other thing is the cabinet: Would the NZXT Source 210 be able to house the Radeon 7850 or the MSI GTX 580? I like this cabinet for its looks and price, and would really prefer to use this.

Didn't mean to hijack - but I did not want to start a whole new thread for small related queries.

I was planning to get an identical rig to the one suggested by Jakob. I thought of pairing the i5-3550 with a DH77KC as suggested, but In Hyderabad, the dealer did not have intel DH77-KC, what would be other Mobos that would go well with the i5-3550?

The other thing is the cabinet: Would the NZXT Source 210 be able to house the Radeon 7850 or the MSI GTX 580? I like this cabinet for its looks and price, and would really prefer to use this.

You can go for the ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/- in case the latter is not available OR GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4800/- OR Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-.

The NZXT Source 210 Elite is something I will not recommend, if you want to fit a HD7850 OR larger gaming graphics card a better pick will be --
  • Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/-
  • Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC edition ~3700/-

both these cabinets can be sourced from Bhumika Peripherals, CTC [Basement], Secunderabad.

Thanks a lot Alpha17. I like the looks of the BitFenix merc, and its greatly helpful to know where I can get it in Hyd.
Regards,

So what would you suggest : FX 8120 + 7870/660 or i7 + 7850?

A Core i7 3770 + HD7850 / HD7870 will be the best setup for you.

The GTX660Ti is just too expensive for what it delivers with no chance of relative over-clocking improved performance, the aggressive binning by the third-party card designs will see to that.

Hi Alpha17, I went to the shop you suggested and I'm ok with the BitFenix cabinet, I may go for the Outlaw model.

Need your help with the Mobo and the PSU: they didn't have the Mobos recommended above (the ones under Rs 7k), he offered an Intel DB75EN Mobo for Rs 6200 - what's your take on that? Another store said he may be able to source an Intel DH77-EB? Am I better off buying the Gigabyte B75M-D3H online at the itdepot.com? How do these Mobos compare?

2. And for the PSU can I use a 600w PSU not the 650W?
3. And the storeguy did not recommend a CPU cooler - do you still suggest adding the cooler?

I'm a lost noob.

Thanks

For mobo you should go for ASUS P8H77-M-8.4k since H77KC isn't available.you can get it shipped from flipkart,The B75 mobo will cut few things which H77 will offer.ASUS ASUS P8H77-M Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
For PSU go for Corsair TX650V2-5.4k it's the best,Don't compromise on psu it's better to get a solid one.
Since you're not overclocking it'd be ok to not get a cpu cooler but if you feel like temps are high then you can get Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo-2.1k
Hope this helps.:)
Hi Alpha17, I went to the shop you suggested and I'm ok with the BitFenix cabinet, I may go for the Outlaw model.

Need your help with the Mobo and the PSU: they didn't have the Mobos recommended above (the ones under Rs 7k), he offered an Intel DB75EN Mobo for Rs 6200 - what's your take on that? Another store said he may be able to source an Intel DH77-EB? Am I better off buying the Gigabyte B75M-D3H online at the itdepot.com? How do these Mobos compare?

2. And for the PSU can I use a 600w PSU not the 650W?
3. And the storeguy did not recommend a CPU cooler - do you still suggest adding the cooler?

I'm a lost noob.

Thanks

Back