Budget 71-90K Budget 70k-80k for PC build non GPU at jaipur

Apoorv

Recruit
Questions

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 6500
    • Motherboard - MSI B250
    • GPU - GTX 1660 SUPER
    • RAM - 16 GB (2 X 8) 2133 MHZ
    • Monitor - ACER 144 HZ
    • PSU - Corsair VX550
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor -
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU
    • Motherboard
    • GPU
    • PSU
    • CABINET
    • CPU LIQUID COOLER
    • RAM
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will buy GPU in near future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Jaipur
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes but only for GPU
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11

Last edited:
If you could explain the use case, and also the expected lifespan of this machine, would be better for us to explain.

There is a template for asking PC build advise that has all the above sections, may use that...

EDIT after reading template:
The configuration that you currently have is a pretty decent one. Is there any specific issue that you are facing with it?

If it is a CPU bottleneck, maybe a used 6700k, or a 7700k if supported on the board may help take care of those...

Last edited:
AMD Ryzen 5700x
Asus Prime B550M-A Wifi
16gb 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance Ram
Cooler Master MWe 650W PSU
Cooler Master Masterbox K501L
Cooler Master Master Liquid Cooler ML240L

Add 1650 4gb ddr6 Graphics card also

If you could explain the use case, and also the expected lifespan of this machine, would be better for us to explain.

There is a template for asking PC build advise that has all the above sections, may use that...

EDIT after reading template:
The configuration that you currently have is a pretty decent one. Is there any specific issue that you are facing with it?

If it is a CPU bottleneck, maybe a used 6700k, or a 7700k if supported on the board may help take care of those...
yes there is CPU bottleneck plus i am planning to upgrade my GPU in near future to switch to 1440p gaming when GPU prices are normalised

yes there is CPU bottleneck plus i am planning to upgrade my GPU in near future to switch to 1440p gaming when GPU prices are normalised
What are the games you play, and what is the nature of the bottleneck?
Are you not able to hit the 144Hz of your monitor at all?
Or are there random stutters and slowdowns sometime in between?

based on the nature of the bottleneck, suitable solution may be needed..

Add 1650 4gb ddr6 Graphics card also
I think OP wants to re-use his 1660 Super till the time things become normal (if ever)
P.S. there's no 5700x.. Did you mean 5700g?

Last edited:
What are the games you play, and what is the nature of the bottleneck?
Are you not able to hit the 144Hz of your monitor at all?
Or are there random stutters and slowdowns sometime in between?

based on the nature of the bottleneck, suitable solution may be needed..

I think OP wants to re-use his 1660 Super till the time things become normal (if ever)
P.S. there's no 5700x.. Did you mean 5700g?
In older fps titles i get over 144fps, but not in new titles for eg: BF2042, COD
also I play AAA titles where I have getting stutters and random crashes

In older fps titles i get over 144fps, but not in new titles for eg: BF2042, COD
also I play AAA titles where I have getting stutters and random crashes
In that case I think that both, raw speed (6500 non K SKU being slow clocked) and less cores / threads (4C 4T, no SMT/Hyperthreading) are holding you back.
What dhoom has recommended above (5800x I believe, + B550 based system + 16 gig of fast DDR4) will be a very competitive system.

I however, have an alternative proposition:
The new Alder Lakes (12th Gen core) are extremely good in Single and Multi threaded performance - the 12600K (which I think costs ~ 5600x) can match outperform the 5800x in both ST AND MT productivity tasks, and of-course closely match them on average in gaming with the presence of the 6 big cores (with SMT/Hyperthreading) and 4 small cores for a total of 16 threads. This may be a benefit if you ever want to get into streaming etc.

Their current drawback is an expensive platform with Z690 chipset boards being over the top feature loaded (even if some of them are DDR4 based - which honestly does not prove to be too much of a bottleneck in gaming performance - check out the Gamers Nexus video on DDR4 vs. DDR5 on Alder Lake)
If you can wait a little bit for the 670 series boards with DDR4 support, the price performance ratio may tilt in the favor of the 12th Gen core based system.

If you're worried about their power consumption - that is an issue when all threads are fully loaded - they are quite competitive in power consumption when gaming.

(AND finally, before someone labels me an Intel fanboy, I am the proud owner of an AM4 Ryzen AMD machine, and am in the process of acquiring parts for a second AM4 Ryzen based system)

I guess since you want to buy GPU later, You should get an Intel system with 6 cores or more. And absolutely get hyperthreaded one.
You can use the Intel integrated graphics till the time GPU market becomes normal or you find good used deal.

Back