Budget friendly 'Silent wireless mouse'

ruseffraiun

Recruit
Hello everyone, I don't have much experience with buying mouses. I need a mouse whose keypresses are silent and could be used wirelessly.

I edit videos, do coding and play games casually. I don't participate in any esports.

Quite honestly, a click is a click and will make _some_ sound. If you play games, edit videos and code, maybe you can narrow down your choices based on how heavy you want your mouse and how much you want to spend? apart from that it's hard to suggest stuff. I have used a g502 wireless and it suits my needs but may not suit yours.

Logitech Pebble. The clicks are barely audible, works via Bluetooth or the 2.4ghz receiver.

Am using one for 4yrs without issues. Only trouble I notice is the not-so-ergonomic design as I keep changing between the pebble and Razer basilisk X hyperspeed.

a click is a click and will make _some_ sound
I don't like sounds in clicks, because they are annoying specially at nighttime. Thats why I would prefer a mouse which is as silent as possible.

you can narrow down your choices based on how heavy you want your mouse and how much you want to spend?
Thing is I've never used a good quality mouse in past. I currently have a cheap Zebronics mouse, that's why I really don't know How much weight or price is good enough. I would prefer not to spend too much just because of brand name or looks. A value for money mouse which is good in functionality would be preferable.

I have used a g502 wireless and it suits my needs but may not suit yours.
Is this a silent one or have clicky sound?

Use this website comparison tool. Scroll all the way near the bottom to the sound section and compare it. You can also compare other wireless mices that you may like. A few of the older reviews/models testing method seem to use a different mic so a few of them have more background noise but otherwise it's a pretty good comparison list tool with majority of the popular mices. But for the most part it seems that a "quiet" mouse replaces the clicky sound for a much more quiet thud type, but I suppose that's basically unnoticeable in real life. In the above link, the m650 has noisy side buttons compared to the LMB and RMB

Also there is this one which I just randomly saw a while back but you probably can't get it in india
edit :- Alright a store does ship to India and they even have a faq page for shipping to india lol https://mechkeys.com/blogs/guide/shipping-policy-for-indian-shipments
However there likely is some other mouse with the same sort of switch flipping quiet mode.

Last edited:
Logitech Pebble. The clicks are barely audible, works via Bluetooth or the 2.4ghz receiver.

Am using one for 4yrs without issues. Only trouble I notice is the not-so-ergonomic design as I keep changing between the pebble and Razer basilisk X hyperspeed.
I checked on amazon after your recommendation, it feels too slim. Doesn't it cause pain in the wrist?

Use this website comparison tool. Scroll all the way near the bottom to the sound section and compare it. You can also compare other wireless mices that you may like. A few of the older reviews/models testing method seem to use a different mic so a few of them have more background noise but otherwise it's a pretty good comparison list tool with majority of the popular mices. But for the most part it seems that a "quiet" mouse replaces the clicky sound for a much more quiet thud type, but I suppose that's basically unnoticeable in real life. In the above link, the m650 has noisy side buttons compared to the LMB and RMB

Also there is this one which I just randomly saw a while back but you probably can't get it in india
However there likely is some other mouse with the same sort of switch flipping quiet mode.
Thank you for this website. Their comparisons are highly detailed. I'll surely look at those.

1703835160153.png

I've used this mouse in the past. It was a convenient mouse (size wise) for my palm.
Those with large palm may find this inconvenient.

I did not know this was a thing until recently when I got myself Logitech MX Master 3S. Honestly, I am so happy with the silent clicks on this thing that I don't think I can ever go back to a normal, clicky mouse now!

View attachment 186689

I've used this mouse in the past. It was a convenient mouse (size wise) for my palm.
It's best you stick to a conventional mouse shape, logitech pebble is good too but it will be a bit odd. Use the website I shared with you and countless other reddit threads that have answered your question already. There will be a few people or posts that will say how terrible logitech mouses are when it comes to double clicking or scroll wheel issues but that's thousands among millions of their mice. Plus correct me if I'm wrong but they have 2 or 3 year warranties minimum plus their replacement policies are great.

Logitech makes quite a few budget silent mice which you can easily look up on Amazon. If you want something specific then get the silent switches from somewhere (like the cheap Logitechs) and solder them to any mouse you like

Logitech makes quite a few budget silent mice which you can easily look up on Amazon. If you want something specific then get the silent switches from somewhere (like the cheap Logitechs) and solder them to any mouse you like
I've searched for Logitech mouse after reading comments here. They are either costly, or they are not silent wireless, and there are few like 'pebble', but their shapes are very different from conventional mouse shape. I don't have neither tools nor any experience with soldering. Searching for a mouse is much more tedious than I thought.

I've searched for Logitech mouse after reading comments here. They are either costly, or they are not silent wireless, and there are few like 'pebble', but their shapes are very different from conventional mouse shape. I don't have neither tools nor any experience with soldering. Searching for a mouse is much more tedious than I thought.
What is your budget? I searched on amazon for "Logitech silent wireless" and got M221, M331, M220, M240, all around 1000 rs.

Logitech M235 Rs.699/-
Logitech M221 Rs.799/-

How long Logitech mouse last is all depend on luck/lottery. 99% may failed in click/double click exactly after warranty period get over.

Back