Budget Home PC

DarkAngel said:
I dont think such budget rigs requires a SSD at all for the next 3-4 years. Cost per GB is still very high and presence is India is very low. Even most people with Core i7's haven't started going for SSD's yet. And USB 3.0 can be added later if absolutely needed using a PCI-E expansion card.
I am not suggesting him to buy an SSD now :p... In the future if he wanna add an SSD then he wud b able to add... So having an option is not a bad idea... And buying something which is already old is something which i really dont suggest... I know that AM3 is already on the verge of getting EOLed but features like USB3 and Sata6 wud make this rig to last a bit longer than a rig wid USB2+Sata2... AND BTW 785G chipset motherboards have already been EOLed... Some few days back when i have been to lammy i inquired about 785G chipset mobos most of the dealers were not having 785G chipset mobo and some dealers also told me that 785G chipset mobos have already been EOLed... I found one MSI 785G-E45 mobo but i think the dealer who was having this mobo was trying to convince me to buy this... coz he wanted me to buy the leftover 785G chipset mobo which was hard for him to sell...

As you all have told, isn't it wise of buying X3 440 with a cheap mobo like ASUS M4A78LT M LE which costs nearly Rs.2300 and has onboard graphics. So the total cost of processor with mobo will be Rs.5500/-. After 6 months I will sell these Pro and mobo which will atleast fetch me Rs.4500 and then I will buy the new Processor and mobo.

Rest of the configration could be as suggested by Dark Angel ji above.

stockfly said:
As you all have told, isn't it wise of buying X3 440 with a cheap mobo like ASUS M4A78LT M LE which costs nearly Rs.2300 and has onboard graphics. So the total cost of processor with mobo will be Rs.5500/-. After 6 months I will sell these Pro and mobo which will atleast fetch me Rs.4500 and then I will buy the new Processor and mobo.

Rest of the configration could be as suggested by Dark Angel ji above.

U wud hardly able to get 4500 for the combo that u r buying now... coz in the next 6 months a lot is gonna change... If u r gonna sell this rig within 6 months then go wid what DA suggested... The rig that i suggested was for ur brothers 2+ yrs need... :)

Back