Budget of 30k for a new touchscreen phone , which one?

Aniruddh

Adept
Hii Folks . i am planning to replace my BB9780 with a touchscreen phone . I use my phone for lots a text messages , net surfing ( including twitter) and some 15-20 min of voice call everyday . Need a phone with a decent battery life , should last atleast 24 hours .

1- Iphone 4 - Yesterday when i went to check SE Arc shop wala told me instead of going for arc i should consider Iphone 4 which is factory unlocked for 31k . I'd like to know how good is Iphone 4 and is it worth 31 k? With factory unlocked phone will there be any problem using itunes or market through the phone? also as i have stated before i am into lots of text message so would like to know how good is the keyword ? How long battery lasts after charging it to 100% ?

2 - SE Arc - Is it worth 27k at this point of time as many phone with dual proccy , 750mb/1gb ram soon will be out in the market?

3 -HTC Desire S - Ok this one cost 23.5k is it any good? i have used Incredible S but i have had a terrible expirence with it . battery was pathetic , camera was pretty average and worst for some reason the back panel use to heat a lot while voice calls or when charging .

4 - Nokia E7 - I have always been a nokia fan and till date none of the nokia phone have ever disappointed me so considering this top end nokia business phone , though for 28.5k it is not at all VFM . i know hardly anyone going to suggest me to pay 28k to board a sinking ship .But it has one of the best screen , except for the FIxed focus camera and weight everything else is pretty good . best part is the battery life which should last atleast 2 days . What say should i again trust and go with nokia? :D

Any other option within my budget?

thanks in advance :)

It seems you did a pretty good market research.

Two phones which are yet to come & worth the 30k are:

1. SGSII

2. HTC Sensation

Though I doubt the pricing might go well above 30k.

I don't find going for iPhone4 worth it now as it is an year old.

And stay away from the E7 crap.

Get lg optimus2X or SamsungS2. Though Samsung will b a better choice.

Or if u wanna wait till june end u can also check HTC Sensation.

EDIT: Please, E7 isn't crap. It's a brilliant phone, bogged down somewhat by the OS. PR2.0 solves many things, including a brand new browser(but everyone uses Opera 11 anyways), but I think these constant updates will evolve this device further.
Dude, he likes texting, so suggest him a phone with slide-out keypad.

Look if OS is not your issue, nothing beats E7's keyboard, honestly, you CANT GO WRONG about E7, unless you want the apps, in which case, Android alternative.

if you do not have tiny hands then a pgysical keyboard is not going to help much.

swype is something you can not beat in terms of speed texting on a smartphone.

the dual cores are invading the market and it would be strongly suggested to wait unless you plan to import from US.

battery wise suggestions: iPhone4, Moto Atrix 4G

Texting: Capacitive touch + Swype

Display: Samsung SAMOLED Variants or iPhone4. SLCD screens on Samsung Galaxy SL and SE current fresh line up are also of decent Quality.

Build Quality and Design: HTC Aluminum Unibody and Moto followed by SE and Samsung at the end.

pauldmps said:
It seems you did a pretty good market research.

Two phones which are yet to come & worth the 30k are:

1. SGSII

2. HTC Sensation

Though I doubt the pricing might go well above 30k.

I don't find going for iPhone4 worth it now as it is an year old.

And stay away from the E7 crap.

I knew many would suggest me to wait for SG 2 as it is already out in korea and Uk so should be here soon , but then Arc which i was considering is already quite big for my liking and compared to Arc SG 2 is even bigger in length and width so it'll be quite a head caring such a big phone. same goes for Sensation.
techpal said:
Get lg optimus2X or SamsungS2. Though Samsung will b a better choice.

Or if u wanna wait till june end u can also check HTC Sensation.

No matter how good LG phone(s) are i'll never buy it , personally dont like LG brand . no offence to any LG fan/user . If i am not able to decide with the options i have currently than will wait for SG 2 / Sensation with Sense 3 UI
comp@ddict said:
EDIT: Please, E7 isn't crap. It's a brilliant phone, bogged down somewhat by the OS. PR2.0 solves many things, including a brand new browser(but everyone uses Opera 11 anyways), but I think these constant updates will evolve this device further.

Dude, he likes texting, so suggest him a phone with slide-out keypad.

Look if OS is not your issue, nothing beats E7's keyboard, honestly, you CANT GO WRONG about E7, unless you want the apps, in which case, Android alternative.

AFAIK Anna update for all the symbian ^3 is not yet out , correct me if i am wrong . Does anyone know when Anna will be out (ofcourse if its not out yet) . I hardly use any application , very basic ones . i need app like twitter , yahoo msger , gtalk , opera etc which i guess should not be a problem with E7 . yes i am into lots of text hence Nok E7 is in the list as it has got arguably the best full qwerty keyboard along with the awesome 4" CB Amo-led screen .

if not E7 in that case which Android phone you suggest?

Seems Iphone 4 is not the phone to go with as none have suggest me , why?

This would probably be a un-conventional suggestion. But, based on this,

I use my phone for lots a text messages , net surfing ( including twitter) and some 15-20 min of voice call everyday . Need a phone with a decent battery life , should last atleast 24 hours

Why don't you give Samsung Focus a shot. I have personally used the phone and it was awesome for THESE things. You cannot ask features and applications that you would get from Android or iOS, but for the above things it was VERY fluid and SMOOTH. You would get a good deal in the states for the phone as well. I say use the Focus for a while and when decent Dual-core phones are out, take the plunge.

Or rather buy a second hand Vibrant/Captivate and wait again to take the plunge for dual-core phones. They are going to be mainstream soon and I wouldn't suggest buying one just yet unless you are an early adopter.

Just my 2 cents.

You will be fine with E7.

No one suggested ip4 because multimedia is not your priority and you are not an apps.junkie(imo a very good thing)

^^op

even im considering getting a new phone and by the looks of things just now im quite leaning towards the sensation

the only thing deterring me is the end june launch :(

but otherwise it seems to be quite a beefy fone

but if you are thinking about june end launch for sensation then there are also rumors about a september launch of iphone 5

this way there are many mobiles going to launch after regular intervals

my choice presently would be for SGS 2, ATRIX or IPHONE 4

SGSII will have a MRP of 35k and a street price of 30-32k at launch and around 28kish within 2-3 months from now(around a few weeks after launch)

i know SGS2 seems big to u, but from what Ive read its amazingly light and thin, this should make up for the size.

i wouldn't recommend a Nokia for a smartphone, they themselves are moving to windows 7, so y are u supporting it?

u could give the xperia arc a thought too, it scores next only to sgs2 on techradar.

but it would come down to the support offered for the handset for whatever time u wish to keep it..

viditkalra said:
This would probably be a un-conventional suggestion. But, based on this,

Why don't you give Samsung Focus a shot. I have personally used the phone and it was awesome for THESE things. You cannot ask features and applications that you would get from Android or iOS, but for the above things it was VERY fluid and SMOOTH. You would get a good deal in the states for the phone as well. I say use the Focus for a while and when decent Dual-core phones are out, take the plunge.

Or rather buy a second hand Vibrant/Captivate and wait again to take the plunge for dual-core phones. They are going to be mainstream soon and I wouldn't suggest buying one just yet unless you are an early adopter.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks but have never heard about this model . will go through the specs .
red dragon said:
You will be fine with E7.

No one suggested ip4 because multimedia is not your priority and you are not an apps.junkie(imo a very good thing)

Yup true i aint apps junkie but than i do like taking pics through cellfone as i cant carry digicam everytime/every where . also i will be listenin to songs through phone , though not often .

moksh4u2 said:
^^op

even im considering getting a new phone and by the looks of things just now im quite leaning towards the sensation

the only thing deterring me is the end june launch :(

but otherwise it seems to be quite a beefy fone

Yeah Sensation will surely be one heck of a phone , no two ways . especially with Sense 3 UI overall expirence will be super cool , though June is way too far away . 2 months from now :|
swastikrj said:
but if you are thinking about june end launch for sensation then there are also rumors about a september launch of iphone 5

this way there are many mobiles going to launch after regular intervals

my choice presently would be for SGS 2, ATRIX or IPHONE 4

Atrix is not yet launched , and none got any info about the launch . you never know with moto they might not even launch it in india . Since ages i am reading/hearing that Milestone 2 is about to launch , but no it has not even when it was launch way back in sept 2010 in other countries .

Can someone please tell me if ill be able to use swpye and download other applications through market section from FU iphone 4? Also will itune going to work fine? thanks

salluks said:
i know SGS2 seems big to u, but from what Ive read its amazingly light and thin, this should make up for the size.

i wouldn't recommend a Nokia for a smartphone, they themselves are moving to windows 7, so y are u supporting it?

u could give the xperia arc a thought too, it scores next only to sgs2 on techradar.

but it would come down to the support offered for the handset for whatever time u wish to keep it..
why do you recommend arc when there are other good phones such as lg optimus2x, atrix

any particular reason ? - just asking for my knowledge

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aniruddh said:
Can someone please tell me if ill be able to use swpye and download other applications through market section from FU iphone 4? Also will itune going to work fine? thanks

afaik you will be able to download applications through market and you can also update to any new firmware without any hesitation in a FU iphone 4

i dont have perfect knowledge for iphones so please confirm to my above statement

Yup true i aint apps junkie but than i do like taking pics through cellfone as i cant carry digicam everytime/every where . also i will be listenin to songs through phone , though not often .

That would rule out HTC :p Great build quality, awesome UI, below average camera and audio. The nokia N8 is the best camera phone. Your other requirements - texting and browsing - are pretty common place for any smartphone out today, regardless of OS. I would suggest get the N8 and save a lot of money :)

I have had N8 prior to my current BB 9780 . Twice i got it replaced due to some weird restart problem. The phone use to restart automatically every 5-7 mintue no matter if i am using it or if it is laying idle on the table. N8 is out of my list . If its nokia than it will be E7 else will go with any android based or iphone 4 :)

Edit : - wont mind shelling out few thousand more to get the physical keyboard and much better Clearblack 4" screen , though Fixed focus 8mp is a big let down :|

Those who are talking for the E7, can you give one reason that justifies purchasing the device at an unacceptable & exorbitant price ?

For me, the E7 will always be a crap.

@OP

I did not suggest you Optimus 2X because it has gained much negative reviews everywhere.

And before getting the iPhone4, promise yourself that you won't regret if iPhone5 is launched in June.

If you can't wait but can waste money, get S2 through SYW for 39k.

If you can wait then get S2 locally for around 31-32k after 1.5 months or so.

If you can't wait and neither can you spend 35k+ then go for Arc for 27.5k.

Else, go for Galaxy SL for 19k and replace it with S2 or whatever after 3 months!

Back