Buffalo Cloudstor 2-Bay NAS with torrent client

Status
Not open for further replies.

varkey

Skilled
  • Product Name: Buffalo Cloudstor 2-Bay NAS with torrent client
  • Expected Price: Rs 5000 / Negotiable, PM Me | Rs 11000 with the bundled 2 TB hard disk.
  • Shipping charges : At actuals, package weighs about 1.5 Kg
  • Manufacturer page URL: http://www.buffalote...torage-cs-wx1d/
  • Description:

I have a Buffalo Cloudstor 2-BayNAS for sale, this comes with *only* the enclosure, hard disk *not* included.​

Edit : Now available with the bundled 2TB hard disk as well for 11k plus shipping

You can insert any 3.5" hard disk, it will probably need to be formatted as it stores the OS on the first disk itself. This is basically a cloud device based on the Pogoplug system and you can access your files from anywhere. It also supports local NAS functions by default.

The device is brand new, and was purchased from the US. I have switched it on just to test it and check the the performance. I was able to get 20 MB+ read/write over a Gigabit network. It has a built-in torrent client, µTorrent. The device also has an additional USB port so that you can add another external disk if necessary.

It uses a 600 Mhz Marvell Kirkwood processor with 128 MB DDR2 RAM. This device is almost same as the Buffalo Linkstation Duo with minor difference, ie double the RAM and the cloud sharing system. It is not very hacker friendly, but I was able to get root access pretty easily. And if you want you can even run a full Debian system on it -- http://buffalo.nas-c...ueeze_on_LS-WXL

It will probably make a good NAS and a low power download box.

Price mentioned is excluding shipping, I can ship it probably anywhere in India by DTDC or so. The shipping weight will come to about 1-1.5 kg

If you have any questions, let me know.​
  • Reason for Sale: Don't need it
  • Product condition: 10 out of 10
  • Purchase Date: 25th Feb, 2012
  • Remaining Warranty period: 11 Months
  • Warranty available in: USA
  • Invoice Available: No
  • Shipping from: Cochin
  • Shipping to: All over India
  • Preferred courier: DTDC, Speedpost
  • Payment options: NEFT

Reposting from old classifieds -- http://www.techencla...torrent-client/

Attachments

• classifieds-6529-0-08761500-1331227791.jpg
    classifieds-6529-0-08761500-1331227791.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 251
  • classifieds-6529-0-22392500-1331227709.jpg
    classifieds-6529-0-22392500-1331227709.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 248

You can insert any 3.5" hard disk, it will probably need to be formatted as it stores the OS on the first disk itself. This is basically a cloud device based on the Pogoplug system and you can access your files from anywhere. It also supports local NAS functions by default.

The OS is stored in the first disk right? Then if you ship it without the disk, how will it work? Can you please provide some input on this?

@axeman : good question, however the os image should be on a chip/rom on the device?

@varkey : how much will be shipping? any approx costs? ccu,in

@axeman : good question, however the os image should be on a chip/rom on the device?

Not my experience with low end NAS units, you need the HDD to have the boot image.., awaiting confirmation or denial of the same.

Also, have you created a CloudStor account and willing to share the same?

naah, the OS would be in a flash device, even for low end ready made NAS.

@varkey

does it have NFS, and ISCSI target support? couldnt find it elsewhere. Then i might be interested as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back