Buffalo: service issues?

techie_007

Skilled
Ok, now almost everyone on the forum is recommended a buffalo router on the forum as being good especially, the basic models.

However, has anyone had to RMA one of these? I have bought approx 10 or more of the basic G125 units over the last 1 year. Other than 1 unit that was DOA and promptly replaced by the dealer, I have had no issues, until now.

However, last month, one of the first units I got malfunctioned and I gave it to the dealer for RMA. Thats where my woes began :(

First of all, Buffalo support center is clueless about the service part. Accel frontline, which otherwise has a decent record for seagate etc, is supposed to eb the service provider. However, the Pune center expressed complete ignorance about the same and kept bouncing the dealer around. Finally, after almost 3 weeks, he managed to get the info that ONLY the chennai center handles RMA for buffalo.

To their credit, Buffalo offers pick and drop courier for their products (Similar to WD hard drives). The router was delivered to Buffalo Chennai around 10th Nov.

The problem is that the only reply I get from Accel, Chennai is that the routers are NOT in stock and they will get in touch with me 'soon'. NO WORD on when or how soon this 'soon' will apply. Its already been another 3 weeks now.

To a query, I was told the routers are shipped from Japan. Seriously, Japan? I thought it was taiwan/china mostly for this stuff? Such types aside, theres apparently no shortage in consumer channels, only with the service center :p

Now mailing Buffalo India, they were very helpful hte last time I wanted to find one in Pune, lets see what they can do :)
Anyone else had to obtain service for one of these?

Well most of the people who buy Buffaloes instantly flash with Tomato firmware, which voids warranty. Hence any dead router does not get warranty and no one has ever attempted. I guess you're the first guy here with a dead buffalo with stock firmware :)

lol.....mine went dead a mnth ago. called up Toll free...Blue Dart picked it up on Thursday...I got a brand new piece on next Tuesday :D.....Superb RMA handled by Accel Frontline Chennai.

Ask them for any comparable model that they have in stock.

i have a whr g54s lying with them, they are offering me the G125 in exchange or 3 weeks wait as 'the units ship from japan' :rofl:
how the g125 btw? am totally clueless abt this stuff. is it the same rangewise?

I also got a G125 as a replacement for my G54s. The G125 supports t0m@to w/o any issues. Only bad thing is the non-replaceable antenna.

Range seems to be the same with both.

Range seems same as supra states above. I believe I got 1 or 2 G54 and the rest G125 units as the G54 was phased out. But this silly wait is too much :mad:

Excellent router otherwise, but this service thing might be a downer and I might have to look at other providers next time. :( I usually recommend for friends etc who just need basic wi-fi routers, no Tomato and stuff (except Linuxtechie of course, but he got his from US and flashed it anyway :p).

Supra said:
lol.....mine with Tomato firmware went dead after a lightning flash a mnth ago. called up Toll free...Blue Dart picked it up on Thursday...I got a brand new piece on next Tuesday :D.....Superb RMA handled by Accel Frontline Chennai.

Ask them for any comparable model that they have in stock.

Supra, any approx dates when you got this done? :)

Accel is known for giving excellent service. I dont know whats the problem in your case :p

Here is the details of my case :

Case Raised :--- Oct 28th

Router Picked up :-- Oct 30th

Received replacement:-- Nov 4th

Supra said:
Accel is known for giving excellent service. I dont know whats the problem in your case :p

Bah...just my luck, but its been over a month and a half now in total, doesnt look good to me :(

techie_007 said:
Range seems same as supra states above. I believe I got 1 or 2 G54 and the rest G125 units as the G54 was phased out. But this silly wait is too much :mad:

Excellent router otherwise, but this service thing might be a downer and I might have to look at other providers next time. :( I usually recommend for friends etc who just need basic wi-fi routers, no Tomato and stuff (except Linuxtechie of course, but he got his from US and flashed it anyway :p).

Yeah I never let the poor buffalo software to start even once. :p

~LT

apollyon said:
k, so i should accept the g125 it seems :( the g54s was so much more cool looking :rofl:

Just get it. There is practically no difference. And the G54S is EOL, so I doubt they will get any shipments from Japan or Jupiter.

Raghunandan said:
Just get it. There is practically no difference. And the G54S is EOL, so I doubt they will get any shipments from Japan or Jupiter.

right ....

Supra said:

very lucky ...

^^ lol called and followed up every time. Total arnd 10 calls and 10 emails did the trick I guess. The CSR tried to trick into no stock, but I told I will take the G125 (even before he told me abt replacement model) and need a fast RMA :p

zOMG! buffalo support rocks! blue dart has managed to misplace my g54s which was sent for rma, but accel replaced the same with a brand new box packed whr HP g54s :p

:p
apollyon said:
zOMG! buffalo support rocks! blue dart has managed to misplace my g54s which was sent for rma, but accel replaced the same with a brand new box packed whr HP g54s :p

HP G54? :eek:hyeah: lucky beech enjoy :p

Back