Building a new PC

bmac

Recruit
Hi everyone, I'm new here and need a help to build my first PC.

My budget is around 20-25K.

I want to use it for gaming, Software development and to watch movies...

One of my friend suggest this configuration:

Processor: FX bulldozer

Mainborad: MSI880

HDD: WD 1TB

RaM: 4gb Corsair
Please offer any suggestion/advice on this.

Thanks
<

• Q: What is your budget?
    • 20-25K
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • intel dual core e2140
    • Intel 945G
    • GPU - ATI XXX
    • RAM - 2GB
    • Monitor - Samsung 21"
    • SMPS - Corsair VX450
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung 21"
    • SMPS - Corsair VX450
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Q9750
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - GTX300
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade in future
    • SMPS - 600W
    • Cabinet
    • RAM - 2X4GB PC8500
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Nehru Place
    • Open to online purchase
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Gaming - 1280x728
    • Desktop - 1440x900
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes/No
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - Ubuntu 10.00

• Q: What is your budget?
    • 20-25K
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • intel dual core e2140
    • Intel 945G
    • GPU - ATI XXX
    • RAM - 2GB
    • Monitor - Samsung 21"
    • SMPS - Corsair VX450
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung 21"
    • SMPS - Corsair VX450
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade in future
    • SMPS - 600W
    • Cabinet
    • RAM - 2X4GB PC8500 [this is DDR II memory]

Please elaborate.
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Nehru Place
    • Open to online purchase
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Gaming - 1280x728
    • Desktop - 1440x900
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes/No

What do you mean by this?

Please answer the above questions, I've highlighted. This is the configuration I suggest you take --

Intel Core i3 2100/- OR Intel Core i5 2320 ~9500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~6700/-

AMD HD 6850 ~8500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x1 ~1600/-

[save your current hard drive (if you have one from your old build)] OR Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/-

Cooler Master eLite 390 ~1900/-

APC BR700C-IN ~2800/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

#ALPHA17

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component?

A. RAM

B.. Processor (I don't know about this, can we upgrade it?).

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Ans. YES

[font="arial, sans-serif"]And thanks brother....
<
[/font]

Bro... can you suggest another graphic card as it is too costly. I decided to sell my old PC, so now i need a SMPS too. Which one should i get?

And the answers of rest of questions are:

1. I don't know much about overclocking..but try to do it...
<

2. I'll upgrade RAM and if there is anything else to upgrade the system then please suggest...I don't know much about hardware and this the first time, I'm making the system by my own..
<

#ALPHA17

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component?

A. RAM

B.. Processor (I don't know about this, can we upgrade it?).

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Ans. YES

[font=arial, sans-serif]And thanks brother....
<
[/font]

Bro... can you suggest another graphic card as it is too costly. I decided to sell my old PC, so now i need a SMPS too. Which one should i get?

And the answers of rest of questions are:

1. I don't know much about overclocking..but try to do it...
<

2. I'll upgrade RAM and if there is anything else to upgrade the system then please suggest...I don't know much about hardware and this the first time, I'm making the system by my own..
<

If you want to over-clock your PC you will need a lot more dough Sire. But yes you can upgrade your processor later down the line.

For a secondary graphics card, I would recommend you look at the newly released AMD HD 7750 ~6500/-

1) you cannot over-clock this setup and for a decent over-clockable system you will need to invest a lot more, so sit it out this time.

2) you can easily upgrade RAM and processor with the motherboard I have mentioned.

Hope this answers all your questions, Cheers!!

If you want to over-clock your PC you will need a lot more dough Sire. But yes you can upgrade your processor later down the line.

For a secondary graphics card, I would recommend you look at the newly released AMD HD 7750 ~6500/-

1) you cannot over-clock this setup and for a decent over-clockable system you will need to invest a lot more, so sit it out this time.

2) you can easily upgrade RAM and processor with the motherboard I have mentioned.

Hope this answers all your questions, Cheers!!

Hi

Now i make up my mind to go with the AMD build :

Processor :AMD Phenom ii x4 960T

Mobo: Gigabyte GA 880GM USB3

RAM: Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz 4GBx1

PSU: Coolermaster Extreme 500W

HDD: Seagate 500GB

DVD RW: Samsung

Graphic Card: AMD/ATI Radeon 6670 DDR5 [confused with the build is the sapphire is good brand?]

Cabinet: Coolermaster elite 310 (GOT)

Please offer your suggestion/advice on this.
<

Don't go for CM Extreme psu,instead go for Corsair CX430V2-2.2k or Seasonic S12ii 430W-3k.Instead of going for 4X1gb go for 2X2 GB 1600mhz-1.6k.

Don't go for CM Extreme psu,instead go for Corsair CX430V2-2.2k or Seasonic S12ii 430W-3k.Instead of going for 4X1gb go for 2X2 GB 1600mhz-1.6k.

Hi Jakob

Thanks for reply, in case of RAM i was thinking the same
<
but why Corsair 430W can you please explain as i don't know much about these things.

Hi Jakob

Thanks for reply, in case of RAM i was thinking the same
<
but why Corsair 430W can you please explain as i don't know much about these things.

Well mainly because the Cooler Master eXtreme Pro SMPS are not 80+ certified, run really hot [further downgrading efficiency] and if you are getting a Corsair CX V2 430W at the same price band it is a much better buy, here is a review that talks about it in detail --> http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=239.

Well mainly because the Cooler Master eXtreme Pro SMPS are not 80+ certified, run really hot [further downgrading efficiency] and if you are getting a Corsair CX V2 430W at the same price band it is a much better buy, here is a review that talks about it in detail --> http://www.jonnyguru...=Story&reid=239.

Suggestion given by you were really helpful.Now I've problem with the motherboard, people are telling me that the board i selected has bad reviews and not good. So can you suggest me on this or another AM3 board with a good build and under my budget
<

And need advice on the graphic card too, I opted Sapphire ATI Raedon HD 6670.

Back