Bumblebee on Two Wheels

Thanks @Soyab0007 and @shadow747

Thanks, mate. Yes, I'm aware of that. That is why I'll be going for this bag (Rynox Optimus S) which is specifically made for bikes like the NS and the FZ series that have a non-metal tank.

Thanks :) If you're talking about the Naked Wolves group, I'm not sure if the Pune group is as active as the Bangalore or Kolkata ones. Anyway, I'm more of a lone wolf :p Although, I wouldn't mind a weekend ride with like-minded people at times.
I belong to the Bangalore Jurisdiction :p and one among the promoter of the group. I guess Mumbai NW does quite a few rides often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats !!! The bike looks smashing and the photos you took are top notch !!! Surprised you used just a 1100D and 50mm lens. :p

Do give us a report once you do the first service. I too was a strong detractor of Bajaj bikes but this bike seems to be of a different breed.
Brendon Sir, I have done about 8k on the bike. Completed two services. I have n0t come across any problems till date and I am loving each day with it.
BTW, saw the clicks by you on your ride covering north western part of India. Nice clicks :D

Fantastic pictures!
Even I bought the Pulsar 200 NS yesterday!
Same yellow color too!
And what an apt name, BumbleBee.

Everytime I used to see the Yellow NS on the streets, it used to remind me of the Transformers!
It looks like a true Transformer! And even I had decided to call it Bumblebee!
I will put up pictures over the weekend.

Congrats and happy riding!

Brendon Sir, I have done about 8k on the bike. Completed two services. I have n0t come across any problems till date and I am loving each day with it.
BTW, saw the clicks by you on your ride covering north western part of India. Nice clicks :D

Thanks ! :) But what with this Sir ?? :eek: I am neither knighted nor mature enough for that title. :p

Congrats !!! The bike looks smashing and the photos you took are top notch !!! Surprised you used just a 1100D and 50mm lens. :p

Do give us a report once you do the first service. I too was a strong detractor of Bajaj bikes but this bike seems to be of a different breed.
Thanks, Brendon. I guess your EXIF viewer is malfunctioning in some way. I have the even more ancient 1000D and not the 1100D :p
To be hones, I am totally not happy with these photographs. I will try to do an early morning shoot sometime soon so that I can do enough justice to the beauty of this bike.
Here's my photography blog, if you feel like checking it out :)

I'll definitely update this thread as I continue munching miles on the bike. I totally agree with your observation that this is unlike any Pulsar that Bajaj has ever come up with. Sometimes I wish they had just named it 200NS instead of Pulsar 200NS.

I belong to the Bangalore Jurisdiction :p and one among the promoter of the group. I guess Mumbai NW does quite a few rides often.
Thanks for letting me know. As I said, I'm more of a loner when it comes to rides and everything else, but I'll probably check them out once.

Amazing bike but special mention goes to the photography,it is top notch. Congratz
Thanks, Himanshu.

Congrats mate !! Ride safe and waiting for the pics of jacket :)
really nice photography.
Thanks mate. I'll definitely update this thread when I get my new gear. Collecting funds for the same.

Welcome to the club bro. I own a yellow NS too!
Thanks man. I really do not regret going for this bike.

Nice one :p I would rather be dead than be caught with wearing something like that.

Welcome to the club bro. Do look out for changing the stock tyres as they don't provide good enough grip.

Thanks mate. I will be changing my tyres later but for now the Eurogrips are doing just fine. Yes, I've read the bad reviews on these tyres but I guess their real test will come during the monsoons. I'm planning on upgrading to the MRF Revz or the Pirelli Sport Demon. Which one do you recommend?

I would go ahead with the PSD's. Have seen many people use PSD's, They have told the feedback is good and sticks to tarmac nice and clean.

Thanks, people. The tyre upgrade will have to wait for quite sometime as I'm collecting funds for a helmet currently and following that, I'll be buying a jacket. I was initially planning on going for an LS2 but have now decided to invest in something better like a SOL. The only problem is that SOL does not have an authorised dealer in Pune and I really want to try its fit before ordering it online from SPG. If nothing else works out, I'll buy it from SOL's Mumbai dealer at Andheri.

^ Thats a nice move on getting a SOL. Been using an LS2 for an year and a half, the LS2's are not that great for ventilation and quality of material is really bad and creates lot of irritation on skin. I am too planning on a SOL or an Daijjya sometime soon and a Spartan Helios.

Fantastic pictures!
Even I bought the Pulsar 200 NS yesterday!
Same yellow color too!
And what an apt name, BumbleBee.

Everytime I used to see the Yellow NS on the streets, it used to remind me of the Transformers!
It looks like a true Transformer! And even I had decided to call it Bumblebee!
I will put up pictures over the weekend.

Congrats and happy riding!

Really sorry that I somehow missed your post earlier. Thanks for the compliments and congrats on your purchase. Hope you ride her for many miles safely. Do share the pics soon and ride safe.

^ Thats a nice move on getting a SOL. Been using an LS2 for an year and a half, the LS2's are not that great for ventilation and quality of material is really bad and creates lot of irritation on skin. I am too planning on a SOL or an Daijjya sometime soon and a Spartan Helios.

Have you tried using a balaclava inside the helmet? I'm asking coz a friend of mine faced the same skin irritation problem with his Cross helmet and upon using a Balaclava procured from Cramster, his problems greatly reduced. Btw, from what I've heard Cross, LS2 and Daijya are all manufactured by the same Chinese helmet manufacturing company and are sourced by different dealers in India. Also, most Daijyas are heavier than their LS2 counterparts. As for the SOL helmets, they're quite a brand all over the world and are probably one of the best rang of helmets in the budget category.

The Spartan Helios is an awesome jacket and I'm currently torn between it and the Hyperion with regards to my jacket purchase. The Helios may just edge it out owing to the fact that it is available in the yellow+black combination.

An update. Having completed 2500 km on the bike, it continues to surprise me every time when I ride the bike. The power delivery is so damn amazing and so is its stability around corners. When it comes to handling, the 200NS is night and day above the rest of the Pulsar lineup and is even as good as some of the top Japs in the country. Have been going for short-medium distance rides every weekend since I completed the first servicing and in the process, I bought a new LS2 Phobia helmet. Wanted to go for a SOL, but budget restrictions permitted me from doing so. I also bought the fake Fox Raptor knee guards from ebay which should suffice until I buy a pair of dedicated riding pants.

Here's are a couple of pics of the helmet:

IMG_83191.jpg

IMG_818111.jpg

And here are few pics from some of my recent rides to Lavasa and Mahabaleshwar:

IMG_820811.jpg

IMG_817511.jpg

IMG_816811.jpg

IMG_815611.jpg

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0044toupload.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

IMG_82261.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

IMG_82601.jpg

I've started a new blog for my travelogues on the bike. Here's the link if you're interested. Thanks for reading! :)

Back