Graphic Cards Buy HD 7870 or GTX 570

shrikky

Disciple
Hey guys , I have 350$ budget, icant afford 580... So i want to know which one i should buy HD 7870 or GTX 570? and in worst case i can afford a GTX 560TI (or suggest something better or similar for worst case).

Its coming from USA, along with my semi built pc : i7 2600k , some really good mobo, 8 gigs DDR3 , 1TB hard disk..

Presently i own a :phenom II x 940 , DDR2 4gigs, HD 4890 gfx and 1 TB hard disk ( I would want to sell it , can anyone post me approx money i can expect b4 i post in the sale trade thread)

Thanks
<

Hey guys , I have 350$ budget, icant afford 580... So i want to know which one i should buy HD 7870 or GTX 570? and in worst case i can afford a GTX 560TI (or suggest something better or similar for worst case).

Presently i own a :phenom II x 940 , DDR2 4gigs, HD 4890 gfx and 1 TB hard disk ( I would want to sell it , can anyone post me approx money i can expect b4 i post in the sale trade thread)

Thanks.

Wait till the 10[sup]th[/sup] of may Sire, nVidia plans to release the GTX 670 release on that day, leaked information already places its performance in the league of the HD 79** series cards and the power consumption is lesser.

Here are a few links I could scrounge, read this article on TweakTown. Here are the pictures of a Gigabyte GTX 670 --> http://videocardz.co...erforms-gtx-680

By the 10[sup]th[/sup] the review will be updated with appropriate picture of the hardware. The tentative pricing of the card will be ~399$, this will force AMD to cut the prices of the HD 78** series cards to make them even better value for money, as for the AMD HD 79** series, everything is in a limbo.

If the GTX 670 is to expensive then go for the AMD HD 7870 from HIS / Sapphire.

I would suggest that in these uncertain days you retain the older 1TB hard-drive as a back-up / dump-drive. Apart from that the prices you will get for the rest of the components [in my opinion], wait for other members to suggest too --

Phenom IIx4 940 ~3500/-

DDR II 800MHz RAM 2GB x2 ~2000/-

HD 4890 ~5000/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Yeah you should wait for GTX670 ti and non ti versions. There is definately gonna be a price war, and nvidia is really looking impressive here!(ofcourse if you go with the leaked reviews)

Sticking to the question. At stock 7870 is nearly as fast as a 580 and faster than 570 OC. Once both are overclocked 7870 > 580 OC > 570. Even if the 7870 costs a bit more, it makes more sense. But at $350 you are better off with a 670 for $400.

oh i was wondering the same, I want to know if NVIDIA really should deserve my consideration cuz of physix?Tell me if CS:GO COD BF3 DOTA2 etc use phsyx (i guess not as far as i know only metro2033 and batman?), I play only these kind of multiplayer games with friends online. I heard someone saying AMD drivers are pretty bad and Blackops look like 10 year old game in AMD cards, it really didnt make sense to me. cuz i used NVIDIA cards b4, now using HD 4890 and im pretty happy with AMD , seriously performs so good ! and like the guy above said, 7870 gives performance almost equal to 580with just 350$ ...... so im thinking of going for HD 7870 mostly , if it doesnt hit my budget... then GTX 560ti??? (pls suggest alternate mid range card if anything better around 250$) // But if i can get GTX 670 in the budget (Impossible, lol), then ill get it blindly
happy19.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418 // GIgabyte version - I see 3 fans + 1100 Clock at stock.

Can i go with gigabyte or any other ? If so why? Link me if possible thanks a lot guys
<

oh i was wondering the same, I want to know if NVIDIA really should deserve my consideration cuz of physix?Tell me if CS:GO COD BF3 DOTA2 etc use phsyx (i guess not as far as i know only metro2033 and batman?), I play only these kind of multiplayer games with friends online. I heard someone saying AMD drivers are pretty bad and Blackops look like 10 year old game in AMD cards, it really didnt make sense to me.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814125418 // GIgabyte version - I see 3 fans + 1100 Clock at stock.

Can i go with gigabyte or any other ? If so why? Link me if possible thanks a lot guys

Okay here is my thoughts on the same, --

No PHYsX will not make a big difference in online gaming, infact if you disable PHYsX your frame-rates will benefit immensely and you can play smoothly, online. The only issue is overall performance of Battlefield 3 is better on a nVidia card.

Apart from that I agree with your point that AMD drivers are perfectly fine, the naysayers can go to Timbuktu.

So this leaves you with two options, go for the current crop of AMD graphics cards, preferable the HD 7850 2GB / 7870 2GB OR wait for Kepler mid-range to be completely unveiled, the GTX 670 releases tomorrow but no news has leaked pertaining to the GTX 660Ti [non-Ti], the only definite time span for the latters release is Q3 this year.

The cards available are priced so,
  1. Sapphire HD 7850 2GB ~15500/-
  2. Sapphire HD 7870 2GB ~22500/-
  3. HIS cards are being retailed over here.
  4. Gigabyte HD 7*** series cards are retailing here.

Any particular bias why you want to get the card from Amazon or Newegg?

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Okay here is my thoughts on the same, --

No PHYsX will not make a big difference in online gaming, infact if you disable PHYsX your frame-rates will benefit immensely and you can play smoothly, online. The only issue is overall performance of Battlefield 3 is better on a nVidia card.

Apart from that I agree with your point that AMD drivers are perfectly fine, the naysayers can go to Timbuktu.

So this leaves you with two options, go for the current crop of AMD graphics cards, preferable the HD 7850 2GB / 7870 2GB OR wait for Kepler mid-range to be completely unveiled, the GTX 670 releases tomorrow but no news has leaked pertaining to the GTX 660Ti [non-Ti], the only definite time span for the latters release is Q3 this year.

The cards available are priced so,
  1. Sapphire HD 7850 2GB ~15500/-
  2. Sapphire HD 7870 2GB ~22500/-
  3. HIS cards are being retailed over here.
  4. Gigabyte HD 7*** series cards are retailing here.

Any particular bias why you want to get the card from Amazon or Newegg?

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Thanks
<
But im getting from USA.. .thats the best part
<
....so i think 350$ HD 7870 will come down like u predicted due to 670 release. lets see whats the pricing is
<

Thanks
happy19.gif
But im getting from USA.. .thats the best part
happy55.gif
....so i think 350$ HD 7870 will come down like u predicted due to 670 release. lets see whats the pricing is
happy19.gif

Sire, I know that you are buying it from Amazon / Newegg. My query is why are you buying from those sites?

Well, if you haven't bought SANDY BRIDGE yet, buy IVY BRIDGE instead

And as far as GPU is concerned, I would pick the HD7870 over GTX570

But I would pick the GTX670 over any of them(launching tomorrow, apparently)

Well, if you haven't bought SANDY BRIDGE yet, buy IVY BRIDGE instead

But I would pick the GTX670 over any of them.

I agree on the Ivy-Bridge factor, but I think that the OP has already purchased them.

Apart from that he has a strict budget of ~350$ for the graphics card, the only card(s) that will fall under this budgetary drag-net are the HD 7870 and 7850, if the release of the GTX 670 triggers another price shuffle, just might be able to bag a HD 7950 2GB [I am being wildly optimistic here].

Just my line of thought.

Then go for a 7850 and save some money, it is just 10-15% behind an Oced 7870 once Oced but will save you 100 bucks

Sire, I know that you are buying it from Amazon / Newegg. My query is why are you buying from those sites?

Oh i don' t get the point, where should i buy, if from USA, cuz i dono better sites.. In india its too expensive so my bro is getting it while coming to India by month end
<
.... ok just ill buy the card after 3-4 days as suggested by u guys , hopefully the price decreases soon due to 670 release
<

I would suggest go with the 7850, maybe wait a little to see if there are any price cuts. The main question now is how much will AMD reduce the price to be competitive again?

#[member='shrikky']

Newegg is a good site offering good services....but the shipping is what is a major concern....seen many members complaining about the shipping in their site...if you chose newegg......pray that the shipped product arrives intact.....

Back