Buy PS4 Pro now or wait for PS5?

God of War - Standard Edition
God of War Remastered
I had played GOW 1 and 2 remastered on PS3 few years back but never got around to play 3. The button mashing gameplay (specially 1) and the camera angles weren't something I enjoyed too much but the scale was epic so the games were fun. Recently I tried GOW3 remastered but I just couldn't continue with it. The gameplay/graphics doesn't feel to have aged well. So have a look at some videos and then decide if it's your cup of tea. I'll just play the new one once the price goes down a bit more.

I do have a PS3 (and XBOX 360) and already have GOW3 for PS3 and enjoyed it. Even did 2 play-through's. GOW3, Uncharted and inFamous series were system sellers in my book. Didn't care much for Resistance or Killzone. I didn't play Last of Us though and looking forward to playing the remaster. I am planning to dispose my PS3 and XBOX 360, so trying to get all the good games that were on PS3 and I never played or would like to play again.

On another note, I got my PS4 Pro yesterday and started with inFamous and Spider man. Spider man looks like a great game, but only gripe I have is the dated graphics in comparison to PC. But then, PS4 is a 6 year old console now and I am also used on 4K gaming on PC, so, its understandable. Even PS5 is supposedly going to be based around a Navi GPU that is performance wise at best going to be somewhere between GTX1070 and 1080.

You may never know when PS5 will be out and if its gonna be worth the hype. Also high possibility, that all PS4 games ull be abile to play on PS5 and like that. So if you are in for gaming, then why wait, when you can play now

I never owned either but I think I would wait for PS5, PS4 is how much old now ? Like 5 years or more ? It's already everyday. I heard 5th version will be on market very soon from what I heard so just wait a bit I think ? ;) Xbox fan here, and Microsoft, but was always interested in trying something from Sony. I have solid gaming PC as well

^ I think xbox team realised that this generations' winner is sony. So I think they're prepping up to win next generation at any cost and buying up game studios left right and center

In case people didn't notice, I have already purchased the PS4 Pro back in Jan. PS5 is rumored to be announced either in 2nd or 4th quarter of 2020. So plenty of time still.

In case people didn't notice, I have already purchased the PS4 Pro back in Jan. PS5 is rumored to be announced either in 2nd or 4th quarter of 2020. So plenty of time still.
even if its announced, there will be more time till good games gets released on it. You can then sell off this PS4 and get that new PS5

Looking to buy the PS4 Pro. Anybody know of any ongoing deals? selling for 37k on FK and amazon with an extra controller

Back