Storage Solutions Buying a 64GB SSD - Which one to buy?

killerz

Disciple
Hello guys, i want to install an SSD on my system currently i have 1x 1TB Sata 3 HDD and one 2TB sata 3, so i researched a bit and seems there are a issues and bugs with SSD's so need to be careful before buying.

Looking for a 64GB SSD Sata II or Sata III. Please sugggest me a reliable and decent performing SSD. My budget is 6k max.

The one which looks good to me is - Corsair Force Series 3 64gb SSD

http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-f...b-sata-internal-solid-state-drive-p-2399.html

Awaiting recommendations. Thanks
<

I've been using 2 generations of sandforce (1200 and 2000) for almost a year now and not a single problem so far. It's not exact or confirmed but most issues seemed to be on sandy bridge chipsets.

That's because 90% of SSD users are on the sandybridge platform. Hardly anyone with a low end system buys an SSD.

That's because 90% of SSD users are on the sandybridge platform. Hardly anyone with a low end system buys an SSD.

M on i5 2500k , if not sandforce then which drive do you suggest chaos?. No one can afford a windows drive crash!
indifferent14.gif

Are you planning to buy in India or abroad?

If you have the budget, I strongly suggest you pickup the crucial m4 varkey is selling in the market section.

Its a spectacular drive for the asking money. I have one - zero stability issues, blazing speeds and crucial regularly issues firmware updates to fix things that might be broken.

The m4 is a good option. Writes are slow(er) in theory but doesn't really matter in practice - a system/boot ssd isn't about sustained transfer rates, more about quick access.

Btw, an ssd is the best way to make a low end system feel like a high end one, especially lappies...

The m4 is a good option. Writes are slow(er) in theory but doesn't really matter in practice - a system/boot ssd isn't about sustained transfer rates, more about quick access.

Btw, an ssd is the best way to make a low end system feel like a high end one, especially lappies...

Corsair Force3 60GB SSD not good? and where to buy M4 in india?

The force series uses asynchronous nand, the force GT series uses synchronous, which is faster. so only go for a gt if possible. not sure about where to get the m4 in india. i usually ask friends to bring stuff from the us.

Hello guys, i want to install an SSD on my system currently i have 1x 1TB Sata 3 HDD and one 2TB sata 3, so i researched a bit and seems there are a issues and bugs with SSD's so need to be careful before buying.

Looking for a 64GB SSD Sata II or Sata III. Please sugggest me a reliable and decent performing SSD. My budget is 6k max.

The one which looks good to me is - Corsair Force Series 3 64gb SSD

http://www.theitware...ive-p-2399.html

Awaiting recommendations. Thanks
happy19.gif

Bro Go For

Corsair Nova Series 2 60GB Solid-State Drive

Bcoz Today Their Price Get Low In The Market And It's The Best SSD For OS Installing.

The Specification Are:-

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Contents and Specifications

Package contents

Nova Series 2 solid-state drive

Technical Specifications

Capacity: 60GB

Sequential Read Speed: 270Mb/s

Sequential Write Speed: 240Mb/s

Interface: SATA II 3.0 Gb/s

Onboard cache: 128MB

Operating Temperature: 0°C to +55°C

Storage Temperature: -20°C to +85°C

Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (0° to +40° C)

Storage Humidity: 5% to 90% RH (-10° to +60° C)

Maximum Operating Altitude: 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)

Maximum Non-Operative Altitude: 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)

MTBF: 2,000,000 hours

Compatibility

SATA II 3.0 Mb/s and backward compatible with SATA I

Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista® and XP, Macintosh OS X, Linux
[/font]

And The Price 4.4K Only.

Avoid the Corsair Nova. Lots of complaints. Random read/write speeds are very slow too.

Corsair Force 3/Force GT are Sandforce drives. If you're looking for reliability, a Sandforce is not recommended.

The Crucial M4 is currently the most reliable drive with decent performance.

Its not officially available in India, only imported. The 64GB M4 is available on ebay. The 128GB drive mentioned above looks like a better deal for the price.

And It's The Best SSD For OS Installing.

Says who? Please dont spread false info like the virus removal thread.

Stop using so many colours in your posts, we're not blind.

Dude What Did You say... Am Using Color For You Guyz To Notice The Important Stuff. An Please Give Your Own Opinion To This Guy Ok. Don't Fill Your Self In, Into Some Other Way To My Message Stuff. Sorry If I Hurt You. You Are Right About Corsair Force 3/Force GT are Sandforce drives Bcoz They Are Much More reliable Then Corsair Nova. But Remember He Have Only 6K Max To Max Budget To Buy A SDD. Ok Thanks.

...If you're looking for reliability, a Sandforce is not recommended...
Jeez, is everyone using sandy bridge? I honestly don't get all the bad rep SFs are getting here. I was especially worried since both my drives were bought off amazon and brought to india by a friend, but they've been working flawlessly. And even the top review/testing sites say that the issues are pretty sporadic and may not affect all people, just that the probability is higher on SB.

Dude What Did You say... Am Using Color For You Guyz To Notice The Important Stuff. An Please Give Your Own Opinion To This Guy Ok. Don't Fill Your Self In, Into Some Other Way To My Message Stuff. Sorry If I Hurt You. You Are Right About Corsair Force 3/Force GT are Sandforce drives Bcoz They Are Much More reliable Then Corsair Nova. But Remember He Have Only 6K Max To Max Budget To Buy A SDD. Ok Thanks.
Instead of funky colours, I recommend that you just place a link OR hyper-link appropriate text. Maximum to draw attention, use bold and underline formatting options.

And just like #[member='Jarod'] said we are not blind.

Please edit your posts as well, don't have a jumbled mass of words give appropriate punctuations where required.

Now I am not an expert on SSD's but I do agree, the Nova series is too old [SATA II interface] OP should go for the Corsair Force series minimum. I will not recommend Crucial products due to the pain associated with RMA and lack of support in India.

Hope I have not offended you, Cheers!!

Instead of funky colours, I recommend that you just place a link OR hyper-link appropriate text. Maximum to draw attention, use bold and underline formatting options.

And just like #[member='Jarod'] said we are not blind.

Please edit your posts as well, don't have a jumbled mass of words give appropriate punctuations where required.

Now I am not an expert on SSD's but I do agree, the Nova series is too old [SATA II interface] OP should go for the Corsair Force series minimum. I will not recommend Crucial products due to the pain associated with RMA and lack of support in India.

Hope I have not offended you, Cheers!!

Thanks Anyway Bro.

Just to add, if possible, get a 128gb drive. On 60gb, you will run out of space pretty soon, specially if you intend to use hibernation.

Okay got the M4
gap.gif
, sealed n shipped! 128Gb. If it turned out to be well for my desktop, then will get one more for my laptop too.
ohyeah.gif

Thanks @Chaos for pointing out the varkey deal, thanks to all members for suggesting the best ssd in the market.
cool43.gif
, had to go beyond my budget but i hope its worth it! Will post performace results soon.

Back