Budget 31-40k buying a laptop from facebook marketplace

Lopos

Recruit
im thinking of buying a gaming laptop from facebook marketplace, it is a rog zephyrus g15 2020 model it has a 4900hs,2060 max q,16gb ram and 1tb storage for 41k is this a good deal?, i asked him for a furmark test which he did send a video of. seller has been positive and never said no to anything i wanted to know should i trust him?

im thinking of buying a gaming laptop from facebook marketplace, it is a rog zephyrus g15 2020 model it has a 4900hs,2060 max q,16gb ram and 1tb storage for 41k is this a good deal?, i asked him for a furmark test which he did send a video of. seller has been positive and never said no to anything i wanted to know should i trust him?
I dont think you should believe on any of the online seconds marketplace like Olx/Facebook/Insta to purchase it online.
Meet, check and then pay for it!

If he is in your city or state, ask him to meetup with you or you go meet him. Do not under any circumstance give him any money before the laptop is literally in front of you.

It is a meetup he said that we can meet up so i can check the laptop and how it works
Run all tests, and ask him for minimum a 7 day testing warranty. Get that 7 days thing written and not just a verbal contract. If he's a certified seller then ask him where his base is. It's quite plausible he sells you and runs off. Take all precautions possible, if you can - disassemble the laptop and check the internals once. Check for water damage or fall damage.

Run all tests, and ask him for minimum a 7 day testing warranty. Get that 7 days thing written and not just a verbal contract. If he's a certified seller then ask him where his base is. It's quite plausible he sells you and runs off. Take all precautions possible, if you can - disassemble the laptop and check the internals once. Check for water damage or fall damage.
If I were a seller, why would I give a 7 day "warranty", when it is entirely possible that the buyer, after taking delivery messes around the system, even break down the computer and claim that it was delivered bad to him.
?

If I were a seller, why would I give a 7 day "warranty", when it is entirely possible that the buyer, after taking delivery messes around the system, even break down the computer and claim that it was delivered bad to him.
?
Agree, since its from a platform, where trust has no role to play, it should be done physically and whatever testing has to be done, it has to be done in front of both the parties and then after that, forget each other!

?
the guy isnt a seller rather a normal user who is selling his sons laptop because he has bought a new one and there is no warranty, i go to his place check the laptop out if i like it i pay if i dont i can leave

There are many genuine FB market PC groups which are administered, you can try those yet risk will always be there just like how we have with flipkart/amazon...bricks/soaps etc.
A f2f deal is always beneficial in such scenarios.
Try to chat with the person on the product and see if he is forcing you to hurry up which itself a red signal to rethink on the deal.
A genuine seller will never try to force or rush you into the deal giving reasons like funds needed for upgrades etc. But again you shouldn't extent the deal to weeks to months.

Secondly, check on various groups a fair price for the same product like how we have a car market and we know a particular car usually sells between so-so price bracket.
If that guy is selling for lower than that, thats another sign to watch out for.

Also, best part is to meet in his locality so that you can catch hold of him if in case you deal and something conks up immediately.

Rest its mostly a luck factor.

?
But you aren't a seller. I've made f2f deals using marketplace and olx and that was my advice which came from good and bad experiences. Most people give you a testing period if you insist.

Back