Buying a phone around 10k - too manyoptions

nanoneo

Adept
Ok. So it's time for a new phone. Got a budget of around 10K. Can't stretch it much more than that.

Need a phone for push mail (has to be compaitble with Microsoft Exchange), Whatsapp/BBM or similar chat applications, music and the odd photo. I don't need a very powerful phone and hence the budget. Won't be using many other apps or doing much multi-tasking. Touchscreen not essential.

So, this is what I've shortlisted. Kind of confused between them:
Lg Optimus One - I know its the best VFM out there but I've always been supicious of LG phones. Will this phone last 2 years? Also the dust problem. My job requires me to stay outdoors in dusty environments so this could be a problem. Will buy the phone from Letsbuy, so no real way of knowing the manufacturing date.

Nokia E5 - A good enough phone I'm sure. Just not sure about it as I guess the OS is end of the line.

Samsung Galaxy Fit I really liked the look and feel of this phone.

Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro I've used Sony phones in the past and have been unhappy with their durability. Also, I guess this is the worst of the bunch when you compare screens and hardware

HTC Wildfire I liked the touchscreen on this phone. I'm very biased towards it but have heard bad things about its battery life.

Dell XCD 25 TE members seem to love this phone, but reviews aren't so great. Also, worried about After sales. How is Dell when it comes to cell phone service.

comp@ddict said:
^^ Flash with CM7 to unleash it's full potential!

Thats the first thing I plan to do :). You'll see me in the Dell XCD35 megathread soon enough

@setonfire: Bought it for Rs.8,100 from koovs.com with a Rs. 2000 off coupon. You can get it for around the same price at taggle.com but I don't know how reliable ther are.

@Smriti: Read the current page. I bought a phone already

Edit: To all O1 buyers, I've asked around quite a bit and realised that the dust problems hasn't been properly solved properly, despite LG's claims. So be careful when buying the O1.

Back