Buying a Treadmil- Advice needed

Just make sure of after sales service. This is a mussst. And go for branded Cos. The Chinese ones will fleece you for belts and spares as and when required. I have gone thru a very bad experience with a treadmill purchased from Nagpal Sports, Delhi. Ultimately, I sold it for peanuts and bought a branded one.

Apparently, I use it daily for 30 mins... Its not being used as a clothes rack..

That money will get you subscription to some reputed gyms, you'l have trainers and all the treadmills you need, and many other machines..

Think about it..

^

MohitPreet said:
i m living in a very small city no good gyms here with motorized treadmills only manual joggers here!

and btw i also have a small home gym kind with free weights with which i exercise atleast every alternate day

so i think i almost have a good workout session even in my home, i never felt the need to go to a gym , i just want to exercise and remain fit thats it , not into body building!!

Heard Elliptical RE500 is good model available in india @26k

Party Monger said:
That money will get you subscription to some reputed gyms, you'l have trainers and all the treadmills you need, and many other machines..

Think about it..

i m living in a very small city no good gyms here with motorized treadmills only manual joggers here!

which can damage ur knees

I prefer running outside myself, but I would definitely recommend a treadmill.

1) It doesn't kill your knees like when running out on the streets (especially the patella and your shins)

2) It's always right there! If you miss going for a jog in the morning, then you can always do it after you get back home (although remember that cardio is best done just after your longest REM Sleep Cycle for maximum fat incineration efficieny.)

3) There is no parallel to jogging in front of your TV :D

Just one thing though, get a treadmill that has a wide and long belt. That way when you are crossing speeds of 8 - 12 km, you are safe and not in any danger of running of the damn thing.

Maybe this would be of help. I too was searching for a treadmill about three months back. I ended up buying one for 32K from Delhi. The idea is to look out of a continuous 2.5HP motor. Also consider a treadmill which has an automatic incline.

I bought mine from Delhi's whole sale market for 32k. I was quoted 36K for the same and i have spotted my treadmill in reputed stores for over 40K. The wholesale market for treadmill in Delhi is near M M Road New Delhi. Its right opposite Videocon Towers(Major News Channels and Banks are located here). The market is known as cycle market.

The Brand i bought was Euro Fitness and the Model is Scorpio. The motor has 2 Yrs of guarantee and the rest of components has 1 Yr guarantee.

P.S. With the help of treadmill and diet control i lost over 12Kgs in a Month. My starting weight was 100+ and i ended up weighing just about 89Kgs at the end of one month. Treadmill helps if you keep your diet in check.

Edit:

Here is the website of the store http://www.fitness-world.in/

Address : Euro Fitness - Fitness World

105, 106, 107-A, Jhandewalan Extn, Jhandewalan Extn

Jhandewalan, New Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi (state) 110055

0-11-41540737

And to get the location type " Euro Fitness - Fitness World " in google maps.

And this is the location.

whoaa....

u lost 12 kgs in a month..

thats a record in itself...

how many minutes u used to run on the treadmill i guess more than 30 mins..

it wud be great if u also tell me ur daily routine on the treadmill...

and wat kind of replenishment u used to have after running on the treadmill...

Have been using Magnum treadmill with auto incline and topspeed of 16 Kmph with controls on handrails + 6 dumbells. Cost - 40k (inclusive of shipping from Mumbai to Meerut). It's been 3 yrs. of regular use by family and no complaints at all so far. It's distributed by Fitness World.

Here is the "Routine"

Diet(The Key to weight loss):

Morning

2 Egg Whites (Boiled)

1 Whole Egg (Boiled)

1 Glass of milk with coffee and sugar(Toned Milk)

Lunch:

Salad

1 Chapati with the cooked veggie

1 Bowl of Curd

1 Apple

Dinner:

Salad

1 Chapati with the cooked veggie

1 Bowl of Curd

This is what i would usually had for 6.5 days. I would eat a 2500+ cal meal on my cheat day with beer.

Exercise:

25 Minutes jog in the morning fasted(5 Min Warmup covering .5 Kms then next 15 covering 2.5Kms then warmdown in the next 5 minutes)

2 Kms brisk walk in the evening.

Apart from this i did include 2 hours of intense badmintion sessions twice a week. I ended up having more then 12 cardio sessions per week with this schedule.

After the first 6 weeks i gave my body rest for 2 weeks. I gained 2 Kgs in those 2 weeks but i gained quite a bit of strength and stamina in those 2 weeks.

The initial weight came up really quickly. Then i platued. I had broken one of the platue with the help of HIIT and one by calorie cycling. The following are the qualities you have to master to loose weight.

1. Discipline : Every right step helps you take there and every wrong.

2. Motivation : Without a reason you wont get there. Set up firm goals and formulate a plan to achieve it. Don't keep it easy at the same time don't make gaols to hit a failure. Keep it simple like 5 kgs by the end of the month, 3 Kms at the end of the month, hit a mile under 7 minutes etc.

3. Patience : You didn't gain it in a day so you won't loose it in a day also. Its a marathon not a sprint. You will eventually get there. Its a lifestyle change so it takes time.

Generally try to eat 500cals under maintenance. For extreme fat loss eat make it 700. Also try not to eat lower then 1200 cals on any day. You wont have the energy for doing anything else. Hit the weights otherwise you will end up losing muscle. After the first few weeks start a program. 100 pushups is a great program to begin with. Try it out at one hundred push ups

so finally bought this one from VIVA FITNESS T-575,

mrp ~35k

got it for 28k

specifications:

• Motor : 2.0 HP (Treadmill Duty)

• Speed Range : 1-16 kmph

• Display : 5 Window LCD display

• Programs : 1 manual, 6 preset and 3 users manual

• Readout : speed, time, calories, distance and pulse

• Speed switch buttons on handle bars

• Running surface 17.5 x 52 inches

• Wheels for transportation

• Heavy duty running belt

• Cylinder provide hand free deck folding down

• Foldable with locking system

• Easy Installation

• 3 Level Manual Incline

• Maximum User Weight 100 Kgs

• Nett Weight 54 Kgs

the only thing missing in this is the auto-incline ,it was recommended by many but it had a larger running area and a good 2hp motor

i was getting one more model with auto-incline with a 1.5hp motor but had a smaller running surface so didnt prefer it,that was 3k cheap as well

i hope its a god buy

wat u say guys?

file attached

website link :http://www.vivafitness.net/vf_home_treadmills_mot.htm

Attachments

• T-575.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 379
:rofl::rofl::cool2::cool2: i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

MohitPreet said:
and wat u all people do invest lacs in a corei7 rig and other gaming consoles !!

thats helping the environment a lot!!

i guess this is the wrong forum for asking for health related tips

here all can comment only on tech products and useless investments on speakers, gaming consoles and gaming cards every year, year after year
this is my one time investment on a good thing !!
had i asked for a 1 lac gamin rig , all wud have been over the moon recommending me this n that!! :p

Back